Stones

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 18 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

So do stones have energies that can make you feel at ease? Or give you certain feelings?

Like if your sad is there a certain stone you can keep around that would make you happy?
If your scared is there a stone that will ease your fears? etc.

I'm not sure I ever looked at it like this Jolly. I think that there are people who do believe that stones do have certain energies associated with them. I did have a lapis lazuli pendulum "pick" me a couple of years ago at a fair. I was looking at several of them (I collect them) and when I picked up this one, it began to move, swinging in a wide arc for several minutes. The vendor told me that it was tuned to my energy and then gave me a hefty discount, saying it was mine anyway.

Black Shuck, this topic is for the discussion of stones and the connection we have with certain kinds. You should start a new discussion with what you posted here, as it is interesting, though not related to this discussion.

Edited by Redhead, 18 December 2010 - 10:08 PM.

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#17 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:10 AM

So I recieved another heart shaped stone out of no where... This time it is lapis lazuli... I will have to get another pic before I misplace it. I've been having a hard time medically with not being able to get the needed imaging studies so we (I) can go ahead with the cranio-cervical fusion and replacingthe recalled bovinepatch in my head as everytime I flex my neck I go into a full fledgd status seizure that refuses to stop until 911 is called and I'm pumpedup on bnzos and fluids... Will be doing some research on Lapis and amythest here in a minute, and will remember to post a picture of this latest hart. I never started reciving them until AFTER stella's passing... Could she b the gift giver... IDK.
Love life.

#18 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 01 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

Info on Amethyst:

The Power of the Stone
Metaphysical Properties

Leonardo Da Vinci once wrote that amethyst holds the power to dissipate evil thoughts and quicken one's intelligence. Healers have been using amethyst to increase their psychic abilities and intuition for centuries. Cross-culturally, this popular gemstone was used as a symbol of peace and unification. It is also thought to evoke feelings of serenity and calmness in those who wear it.

Amethyst is often used during meditation to provide an overall sense of spiritual balance. Some naturopaths will use amethyst to help treat insomnia and sugar imbalances, and to relieve headaches.

Geological Properties

Amethyst is a naturally-occurring, macrocrystalline (meaning large crystal formations) variety of quartz. Geodes containing amethyst crystals are formed when clay, silt, sand or gravel are deposited and compacted by running water. Some of the largest amethyst geodes have been found in Brazil. Other locations where amethyst is mined include Sri Lanka, India, Uruguay, Madagascar, Germany, Australia, Mexico, Africa, Russia and the United States. Were amethyst less abundant, it would be even more highly-prized -- and expensive!

Mineral Properties of AmethystMineral Information Crystalline Quartz
Chemical Composition SiO2
Appearance Purple, violet, red-violet
Hardness 7 (Mohs)
Specific Gravity 2.66
Refractive Index 1.544-1.553
Cause of Color Manganese and iron

And Lapis Lazuli:

History/Background
Since the earliest of times, lapis lazuli has been associated with strength and courage. The Sumerians believed that the spirit of their gods lived within the stone. That theme was adopted by the ancient Egyptians, who drew a connection between the speckling of the stone and the glittering stars in the night sky. One of the most famous uses of the stone is in the mask of King Tutankhamen, where it is inlaid with turquoise and carnelian in bright gold. It was used by European artists during the Middle Ages, ground as pigment for producing the color aquamarine.
Metaphysical/Healing Properties
From antiquity, lapis lazuli has been worn in the belief that it will ward off evil. In ancient Egypt, it was powdered and worn about the eyes to improve eyesight. Today, it is considered by some to be an aid to balancing the brow chakra (which influences vision and hearing). Imbalances of the brow (or blue) chakra are said to cause headaches, anxiety and disorders of the skin.
Scientific Description
Lapis lazuli is an intense royal blue stone. Until the Middle Ages, it was referred to by the name sapphire (from the Greek for the color blue). The beautiful mixture of textures of white calcite (cloudy, patchy) and pyrite (brassy feathering) gives lapis lazuli its characteristic look. The stone has other ingredients: lazurite, sodalite and hauyne.Mineral Information Sulfur containing sodium aluminum silicate
Chemical Composition Na8(Al6Si6O24)S2
Color Deep blue
Hardness 5-6
Specific Gravity 2.4-2.9
Refractive Index approx. 1.50

Occurrence
Lapis lazuli is found with limestone or as separate boulders. It was well-known to the ancient world because it was first found in Afghanistan. Stones from that region are still considered to be of the best quality. Argentina also produces a premium deep blue variety. Lapis lazuli is found in the USA and Canada and less intense blue examples are found in Chile and in the former USSR.

Zebra Jasper (a stone that just FEELS good and is always good at pulling me out of a funk)
Jasper motivates us to move out of apathy into action. It helps us avoid over-thinking and encourages us to just enjoy the experience of living. Zebra jasper's striking colors intensify that message. Like the swift, wild horse for which it's named, it shows us how to live. It says: Get out of your head! Get into your body. Let the zest for life flow through you. If you feel like galloping, then gallop!Mineral Information Silicate, chalcedony, quartz group
Color Deep green/black; white banding
Hardness 6-1/2 - 7
Specific Gravity 2.58-2.91
Refractive Index About 1.54

And Garnet (one of my favorite stones... Just looking at it relaxes me and my favorite stone to give away):

The deep, glossy red color of garnet resembles the juicy seeds of a pomegranate, which is perhaps why its name is derived from the Latin word for pomegranate seeds, granatum. In Greek mythology, a pomegranate was often given as a gift of passion and associated with eternal love. In ancient history, travelers wore garnet gemstones because they were believed to light up the night and provide protection from nightmares and accidents.

In the middle ages, garnet was commonly believed to guard against poison. Royals would often drop a garnet gemstone into a glass of wine to ensure they were not poisoned to death. Garnets were also worn by the crusaders as an aid to safely find their way home. Eastern European folktales speak of garnets being worn around the neck to guard against night-wandering vampires.

Garnets were also used in burial jewelry and carved signet rings to proclaim royalty during the Bronze Age (300 BC).
Designing with Garnet
Garnet is the official birthstone of January. The rich red stone mixes well with gold-colored metals and the soft pink colors of pink sea "opal glass," Peruvian pink opal and rose quartz gemstone beads.
The Power of the Stone
Garnet symbolizes a quick return to a separated love, fertility and feminine life force.

Legend states that Hades gifted a pomegranate to Persephone before she left his domain to ensure a speedy and safe return. When she did return, the fruit transformed into a handful of the red gemstones.

A garnet stone is often gifted to a loved one before they embark on travel. Garnets are commonly believed to aid in the healing of broken bonds of love. Garnets are also known to aid in the treatment of melancholy and depression by acting as a heart and blood stimulant.

Garnet is thought to be extremely beneficial in the realm of business. The stone can attract people to the wearer, which can help provide personal and business success. It is especially beneficial to people wanting to start home businesses.

For more stone info vist FMG at their gem notes section: Gem info
Love life.

#19 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

I also had a Lapis Lazuli pick me two years ago and at a time that I needed it. It does help with deflecting negative energy.

I haven't found the right chain for it yet but I do know that it is hand crafted silver with the full moon, crescent and a smaller star that dangles from the bottom. This one did come from the Afganistan mountain area. I just knew that I couldn't leave without it as it had "claimed" me. I will try and take a picture of it and post.
I am more than my physical body.

#20 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

I also had a Lapis Lazuli pick me two years ago and at a time that I needed it. It does help with deflecting negative energy.

I haven't found the right chain for it yet but I do know that it is hand crafted silver with the full moon, crescent and a smaller star that dangles from the bottom. This one did come from the Afganistan mountain area. I just knew that I couldn't leave without it as it had "claimed" me. I will try and take a picture of it and post.

If you send it my way I will put it on a chain for you as long as you pay $5 for the shipping (since the stone did pick you)... I've decided to start wire wrapping all of my hearts and putting them on a long chain to wear with me at all times... It can't hurt and maybe it will bring some luck this way?
Love life.

#21 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:06 AM

I got a rainbow jasper heart today... I don't know who's sending them... But am having a hard time and think I might be going to hosp. tomorrow (I have signs of a pain pumpinfection)... I slept literally all day today and once my i pod updates everything will be going back to sleep... I had to make a BAD_WORD you list, and a bedtime list, etc...

But anyways info on rainbow jasper:

Jasper, Rainbow Gemstone Properties

Design Possibilities
Instead of your usual rainbow, imagine a rainbow of warm sensual colors: burgundy-red golds, browns and tans. That's rainbow jasper. Like all jasper its deeply banded colors come from organic material and iron oxides imbedded in it. Rainbow jasper is found in Africa and India, but it reminds me of the jasper found in southwest Colorado where the Anasazi, famous for their cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde, formed arrowheads from it. Today, with the fashion world's shift from sky tones to earth tones, this unusual jasper is used more widely in jewelry than ever. It's the perfect stone for all kinds of beaders: those who want to create a southwest look, those who have always loved earth tones, or those who simply want to create jewelry that's "totally in" in the world of fashion.
Rainbow jasper helps us focus without overanalyzing things. Think of a young Anasazi. Imagine him high above a canyon, his form silhouetted against the sky. He puts an arrow in his bow, draws it back slowly and sights along it. When he releases that arrow, he knows the jasper arrowhead at its tip will accurately and swiftly finds its target. That's the kind of focused attention rainbow jasper can give us in our own lives as well.Mineral Information Silicate, chalcedony, quartz group
Color Red-golds with tan and brown banding
Hardness 6-1/2 - 7
Specific Gravity 2.58-2.91
Refractive Index About 1.54

will post pics of my new hearts this week
Love life.

#22 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:18 AM

Since it's another 2 hours before my mom (aka ride to ER) begins to stir...
Here is my Rainbow Jasper heart that was laying under me when I woke from a nap...
Posted Image

And here is my Lapis heart.... Which I'm beginning to think could be sodalite (BTW for you othr beaders who order from FMG, you'd notice this pretty quick as beads are sold by the strand and I've never ordered lapis, sodalite, or RJ..., Checked all past invoices)
Posted Image

Info on Sodalite:

There's a boldness about sodalite that carries over into our own lives. Sodalite is the gemstone guardian for heroes and heroines. When our backs are against the wall, when we need the courage to speak and act out of our convictions, that's when sodalite has "her" greatest power. Wear "her" next time you have to confront someone with lying or cheating. Or when you've done it yourself and it's time to stand up and admit it. Or any time when telling the truth is not going to be an easy matter.Mineral Information Chloric sodium aluminum silicate
Chemical Composition Na8(C12Al6Si6O24)
Color Blue with occasional streaks of white
Hardness 5-1/2 - 6
Specific Gravity 2.13-2.29
Refractive Index 1.48

ETA... I NEVER buy heart shaped beads and non of these hearts have any holes in them... Any idea who could be sending them? I have no dead loved ones....

Edited by stellakitty, 02 January 2011 - 09:21 AM.

Love life.

#23 THE MISTER

THE MISTER

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:science,theology

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

the topic here i suppose is about stones,however i will take the meaning of what do you believe a little further if i may.,,,i dont believe in ghosts,i dont believe people can come back from the dead,spirits do not reside in stones or crystals,particular haunts or places,But there are hauntings,by demonic forces posing as the spirit of a dear departed.Why? To negate the need for a ressurection.,,a clever satanic ploy....there is a spirit in man,which returns to god upon death,but it is the spirit which makes you and i different than animals,,the spirit of self and understanding,as opposed to instinct of animals,,,,there are hauntings,,make no mistake about that,but dabbling in the occult for the thrill of it is dangerous indeed,,,,,have you ever considered a haunting and the goings on?...rapping,footsteps.whispers,shakeings,,dont you think this stuff is childish to say the least? To scare people with a boo?...demons are perverted,ancient,beings,who are under the rule of god,and can only do what god allows them to do,,,consider the book of job.....sometimes he uses them to teach some seekers a lesson,,,like for instance,,,why consult the powers of darkness,instead of god?..a balanced look at the spirit world is imperitive,,,i stated incorrectly on another board,concerning the simple word (soul),,,most believe it is what a man has,,however that is incorrect,,it is what a man is...soul comes from the word ,nephesh..it literally means living being,,,and thats all........not something that can come back from the dead,,,the dead know nothing,,,,not space,time,awareness,,nothing,,,I AM THE MISTER

#24 Must_See_To_Believe

Must_See_To_Believe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well, suffice it to say I'm very interested in the paranormal. Although I've never let myself become actively involved. Yeah, I'm chicken. I was very sensitive and probably still am. I once helped a sweet old man named Henry cross over. I saw his bedroom. He was standing beside his bed. Or rather his spirit was. His body was still in bed with his wife. I was suddenly standing beside him. I told him she would be alright. Suddenly he and I both were standing beneath a big beautiful tree on a hill surrounded by the greenest grass and the bluest sky I've ever seen. I've had a few more encounters like that. I considered it a gift from God. But it just came to be too much for me and I prayed that God would pass me by with this gift. I haven't had an &quot;episode&quot; since. <br /><br />Other than that, I read a lot. Sew, Quilt, Cook... spend my days and nights with two wonderful little girls and one awesome man !!!!

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:10 PM

Its on the small side and kinda egg shaped and smoothed out by the action of the lake wave pounding it against the other rocks on this "beach." It's color is flecked with dark red, white and a couple of other colors. I have no clue what kind of stone it is, I just know that it feels good in my hand.

Cryscat... your stone sounds like Red Jasper

"This stone works much like Bloodstone in its link to the circulatory system. Beneficial in battling diseases of the blood and detoxifying blood-rich organs like the liver. It helps bring problems to light before they are a threat. Also used for protection, courage, energy. Help with blood, relieve anemia, stop bleeding, heal rashes and wounds. " (Quoted from mysticdreamz)

Posted Image

#25 BigMike

BigMike

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:21 PM

To me certain stones resonate with different energies, crystal quartz is great for amplifying psychic energies, rose quartz, my special stone, I carry for protection along with jet.
Live every day as if it was your last, it could well be.

#26 Hhacklemesh

Hhacklemesh

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Art, needlework of most kinds, pondering, learning.

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

I was born in February and all my life everyone close to me has always forced on me how Amethyst is my birth stone. Although I liked it, I liked purple, I was always drawn to more, um... complex? stones I guess. Ones that changed colors when you turned them or were more irridescent. I love moonstone, I was recently looking up stone meanings and I found a good website if it's of any use to anyone on here I'm not sure, but I thought it gave some good info about the energies and effects the stones have: http://www.crystal-cure.com You can buy the stones from the website but I mostly like the info. I was looking up moonstone and I thought it was interesting how it says it reflects the wearer. Also recently I wanted to learn more about amethyst after hearing it is my stone all these years but not knowing much behind it and I found out some interesting stuff! The name Amethyst comes from the Greek words A and Methustos which mean not intoxicated. Among other things, amethyst is supposed to protect the wearer from getting intoxicated. The Greeks made drinking cups and amphorae for wine out of amethyst. Can you imagine how amazing those must have been?

The Greek myth that I read that goes with amethyst as well is that Amethystos was a young woman who was very pure and good and she was being pursued by Dionysus the god of wine and revelry. She did not want to give herself up to him, so she prayed to be preserved, and a goddess, though I don't remember which, aided her by turning her into a white stone. Dionysus admired her for her dedication to her purity so he poured wine onto her stone as a tribute and the stone turned purple! There are other versions too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users