Faces in the floor

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Musashi Naki

Musashi Naki

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

Hello! I'm new to this community, and I hope that this is as fun as it looks.

When I was a child I read a story about a woman who laid tile down in her kitchen after she moved into the house. A few days later, things started appearing in her tile. They looked like....faces. She was rather creeped out by these and after more of them started to appear, she had the tile removed and replaced. But the faces returned. Soon people began to visit her house to see the mysterious faces in the floor. After a while the lady decided to hire people to remove the tile and dig under the floor. Soon after they found out that the poor womans house was located over a graveyard. They had the graves removed and reburied elsewhere, the tile was replaced and the faces never returned.

I read this in a book about true ghost stories, and I was hoping to find out more information on it then I already know from memory. For example where the house was, what time this took place, but mainly the photographs that I saw of the faces. those haunt me and I MUST see them again. Any help in this search would be much appreciated. :Spaz:

#2 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:38 AM

Welcome to GhostVillage!

I think this might be what you're talking about. It's about a house in Belmez, Spain.

http://everything2.c...node_id=1758061

Edited by Crone, 08 May 2007 - 05:39 AM.

Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#3 Musashi Naki

Musashi Naki

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:54 AM

Welcome to GhostVillage!

I think this might be what you're talking about. It's about a house in Belmez, Spain.

http://everything2.c...node_id=1758061

Yes, this was exactly what I was looking for!!! Thank you so much for your help!!! :Spaz:

#4 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:19 AM

Welcome to GV. That's an interesting story indeed. I'm moving this to the General Board, though, since it's not so much about "Haunted Land". I think it'll receive more attention there.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#5 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:16 PM

The Belmez Faces, a wonderful example of unexplained phenomenom! Welcome to the Village Musashi! As you can see, the residents here are very helpful. Enjoy your stay! :)
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#6 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:59 PM

OOh is their any pictures to that story? all I saw was a bunch of jumbled up links added into the story thing.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:21 PM

I found another link that has some pictures.

http://www.thecobras...ost/belmez.html
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#8 little turtle

little turtle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:38 PM

Cool! I haven't heard of this before. TFS
Posted Image

#9 Musashi Naki

Musashi Naki

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

Wow, you guys are on this pretty fast! You're right about the general board giving it more attention! Thank you very much for moving it! And thank you everyone for the warm welcome!! I'm very happy to be here! Anyway, yes, the Belmez faces are a rather interesting topic. Has anyone here ever seen them in person? It said that they still change on a regular basis, and alot of people seem to go there to look at them....so its possible to have a first hand account?

#10 katiegrl25

katiegrl25

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:baking,taking photos, spending time with my family, reading, writing, going to church, road trips, visiting different states, meeting new people, buying antiques, exercising, talking,<br />shopping, animals, camping, babies, flowers, rodeos (if you never seen one you must!) living life to the fullest, and most of all loving every thing around me.

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:06 PM

Hello, :hug2:

Welcome to Ghost Village. I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Katie :hug:

#11 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:22 PM

Woah... I must have seen this before because Ive had a dream like this in the past.

"I was in my house and faces appeared all over, I ran out and my brothers car was their and he was dead with no face...

The dream was much scary than that maybe it origonated from this story but Im sure that I have never seen this before...

And those pictures are amazing, if this is genune it is fantastic

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 Musashi Naki

Musashi Naki

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:21 PM

It is rather fascinating, isnt it? :Wall: I remember after I read about this as a kid, I always wanted to find it again to see if I understood anymore of it. When you're young, you can only understand thats its abnormal, somewhat creepy, but the science behind it remains unknown to most kids. I'm glad this makes more sense now. I really want to go now!! Hehe, someday I'll go there and take pictures, then post them all here on ghostvillage!!! ^__^

#13 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, I googled Belmez Faces under Images, and wow! Truly a fascinating phenomenom! I had seen them before, but never got the whole story on them! Way cool!
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#14 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:53 PM

So the faces appeared in different forms on the same tile? This is truely amazing

#15 Musashi Naki

Musashi Naki

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:52 PM

These faces appeared all over the tile in the ladys kitchen, it wasnt just restricted to one of the tiles. If only one body was buried beneath the floor then it probably would have only been one face, but there were at least nine, so there were many faces. Truly an interesting story...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users