• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hecate1111

Hecate1111

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

Greetings everyone:

To those interested in the Old Salem Jail in Salem ma. -- Myself, along with a team our investigators are going to be conducting an investigation of the Old Salem Jail in February - the results of the investigation along with inside photography will be available in an up coming e-Zine in March. Anyone interested in reading the future piece - please stay informed as I will pass along the e-Zine info. as the time approaches.
Sincerely,
Hecate

#2 Hecate1111

Hecate1111

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

Attached are photo's taken by me of the Old Salem Jail in Salem Ma. I am a psychic and Witch who lives in Greater Boston. I'll be going the inside of the Jail in Feb. 2008 with my fellow team of investigators, and the results will be published in an up-and coming E-zine in March 2008 - stay tuned

http://i173.photobuc...l/SalemJail.jpg
http://i173.photobuc...ldsalemjail.jpg

Sincerely,
Hecate1111

#3 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:07 AM

Ah, I see you have done one of those night tours of Salem. A couple of years back my husband and visited out east and went on one there also. It was the first and last such tour we have been on. I can do with out the crowds and all the flashes going off. There were a couple of curious points to the tour though. Seemed I knew the history before the tour guide spoke. I remained to the side, away from the concentration of people for most of the tour, as I find crowds over bearing. I hung out side the group taking in all that piqued my attention. It was curious that the guide repeatedly made reference to many locations and points that I had been drawn to. Marketing on his part perhaps, but still worth noting. Also notable was that four sets of my freshly re-charged batteries failed while on the old jail site, then resumed function upon leaving the site.

If you haven't done Savanah Georgia yet that is a place well worth visiting over and over. We have been there three times and are much looking forward to our next visit. I have gotten a couple of good shots in Savanah. One that is quite remarkable, at Kevin Barry's Pub, on the river front.

Best wishes on your Salem venture. Hope it produces exciting results. Will be anxious to learn of your results. By the way, you may not be aware that the pics you posted are tiny thumbnail images.

#4 Hecate1111

Hecate1111

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

Ah, I see you have done one of those night tours of Salem. A couple of years back my husband and visited out east and went on one there also. It was the first and last such tour we have been on. I can do with out the crowds and all the flashes going off. There were a couple of curious points to the tour though. Seemed I knew the history before the tour guide spoke. I remained to the side, away from the concentration of people for most of the tour, as I find crowds over bearing. I hung out side the group taking in all that piqued my attention. It was curious that the guide repeatedly made reference to many locations and points that I had been drawn to. Marketing on his part perhaps, but still worth noting. Also notable was that four sets of my freshly re-charged batteries failed while on the old jail site, then resumed function upon leaving the site.

If you haven't done Savanah Georgia yet that is a place well worth visiting over and over. We have been there three times and are much looking forward to our next visit. I have gotten a couple of good shots in Savanah. One that is quite remarkable, at Kevin Barry's Pub, on the river front.

Best wishes on your Salem venture. Hope it produces exciting results. Will be anxious to learn of your results. By the way, you may not be aware that the pics you posted are tiny thumbnail images.

#5 Hecate1111

Hecate1111

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

I've never done a tour, as I live there and know the area's history. Those images were taken from a vantage point across from the jail. Thank you for making me aware of the "thumb nail" size of the images.
I will certainly have to check out Georgia. TY
Hecate1111

#6 Hecate1111

Hecate1111

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

http://s173.photobuc...t=SalemJail.jpg

Attached are photo's taken by me of the Old Salem Jail in Salem Ma. I am a psychic and Witch who lives in Greater Boston. I'll be going the inside of the Jail in Feb. 2008 with my fellow team of investigators, and the results will be published in an up-and coming E-zine in March 2008 - stay tuned

http://i173.photobuc...l/SalemJail.jpg
http://i173.photobuc...ldsalemjail.jpg

Sincerely,
Hecate1111

#7 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 13 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

Hi Guys

Forgive my ignorance, What is significant about Salem ? Im really interested to know.

Or did I watch 'Salem's Lot' too much ?

Thanks

Mark :Wall:

#8 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

Salem is the location of the famous "witch trials". Most of those executed were not witches but were the result of what could be a "kangaroo court".
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#9 Hecate1111

Hecate1111

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:21 PM

Ahhh well said Axman ; )

Salem has many other charms: such as an incredible maritime history that is to often overlooked. The Old Salem jail is the oldest correctional facility in the Country, and used as late as 1989. A nasty place to "do your time", in the 80's as inmates had to pee and dump in buckets. Incredibly archaic for the late 20th century. The spot is reportly haunted, and I am excited to investigate it, as it is off limits to the public. They are gutting out the insides and building condos. weeeeeee..

Salem is the location of the famous "witch trials". Most of those executed were not witches but were the result of what could be a "kangaroo court".

#10 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:09 PM

Can't wait to hear about your investigation and hope you take lots of photos. How did you get permission to go in? from the new owners? My husband and I were so close to getting in there. He wanted to do a photography exhibit of the jail for the Salem library etc. It was all set, then at the last minute the female mayor (what a witch) did not allow us access. BTW.....I was just near the jail recently. The Howard St. cemetery is just next door and is a popular spot for people to visit, especially at night. Many on here have gone there. :Spaz: There is a new sign at the entrance to the cemetery. It is closed at dusk and trespassers will be arrested. This is a first!!!! I know many GV'ers have gone to that cemetery at night. Rules have changed.....and I am sure the mayor has something to do with that.

Edited by GhostCat, 13 January 2008 - 09:10 PM.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#11 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hey Thanks for the info, looking forward to the results !!

#12 Virgo/Libra Cusp

Virgo/Libra Cusp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:The unknown and mis-understood

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

I watched something on the Discovery Channel about the Salem witch trials. Very interesting. I'd love to do something like that. I supposedly have a relative who was accused of being a witch way back when. And there was even a play made about it. My grandmother is very much into geaneology and she has all the info, but I'll have to find out what the name of the play is... she even has a copy of the written play.
Anyway, I'd love to hear about the results of the tour!
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints in our hearts...and we are never, ever the same. - Author Unknown

#13 Roxie Z

Roxie Z

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:28 AM

Not all of Salem is old "Salem" You also need to include Danvers for the original "Old Salem Village".

The jail is fascinating, however. Your adventure should be most interesting.

Here's an image I took from the adjacent cemtery.

Posted Image

Edited by Roxie Z, 17 January 2008 - 07:31 AM.

Bestselling Local Author & Proprietor of New England Curiosities Tours & Events. Experience local legends, lore and mystery. New England CuriositiesPosted Image

#14 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hey Thanks for the info, looking forward to the results !!

Yeah I can't wait to hear about that trip either

#15 Verizoff

Verizoff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Urban Exploration, Photography

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:55 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've made quite a few trips here, seeing as it's 15 minutes away from me...

Fun place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users