Initiation

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:13 PM

An excellent book for you to read in this case would be "Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner", by Scott Cunningham.  It has tons of good information in it.  The only thing you need to bear in mind is that where Scott refers to "Wicca" he's talking about neo-Wicca.  Naturally you won't find any inner-court Wiccan material in it.  But other than that, it's a great guideline for a new solitary witch.   :)

Elle

Fully agree!  Scott's book was one of the first I've read.  

Solitary ain't so bad....I've been Solitary from the get go.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#47 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:54 PM

okay...besides the book on solitary wicca practices, are there any other books on wicca that you'd consider "essential" for a newbie to read?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#48 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:27 PM

Raymond Buckland's. Lots of good basic information in there, irregardless of the particular path you wish to take down the road.  

I also recommend that when in the bookstores, take a few moments to read a few pages randomly throughout the books that catch your eye.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#49 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:15 PM

okay...besides the book on solitary wicca practices, are there any other books on wicca that you'd consider "essential" for a newbie to read?

Alsie, here is a link to a site that I think will be very helpful to you.  The site belongs to a friend of mine, Smiling Panther.  He is a Pagan and a practicing witch and his site is very beginner-friendly because of his patience in explaining things.  When you get into the site, click on the oval that says "Suggested Reading" and from there, click on the link that says "Beginner's Pack."  In the Beginner's Pack there is a list of books that are all excellent for providing the new witch with loads of good info.  Panther is well-versed in many religions and has carefully scanned all of the books he recommends to make sure that they provide accurate information and not just misleading "one-size-fits-all" drivel when it comes to witchcraft.  http://www.fortuneci...hal/608/id4.htm

Elle

#50 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:25 AM

I really like the books your friend recommends, although I wouldn't think Modern Magick is particularly for a beginner.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#51 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:11 AM

I think Scott Cunningham's books are the best I have found and he has alot to choose from too.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users