Faith Healing

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:10 AM

I've seen & heard alot about this, such as healing someone through touch or prayers. Does faith really do this or is our mind so powerful that it can heal just by believing it's so? What do you think?
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#2 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:41 AM

Libra, I don't know how it works, but I believe in it. I've seen it, I've done it and I've had it done to me.
petunia4998

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:20 PM

Faith healing doesn't always work. You must accept that sometimes someone has to pass through something in order to learn a lesson. Sometimes when I give blessings, words come to my mind. Other times, I must say what I want adding a clause such as "according to the Lord's will and thy faith."

Sometimes words from a blessing can have double meanings. I know of a case where a certain young man was living with a lot of pain. The elder told him he would soon be free of his suffering; two days later he passed away.

I'm not certain of what allows these faith healings. It may be that we have such faith that we cause it to happen (either the Divine rewards us for our faith, or our brain has an undiscovered power). Again, clergy are given their Church's priesthood; Peter and the other apostles healed the sick, cast out devils, and performed other miracles; perhaps today's clergy has some of that same power.

Something interesting to note is that not all real faith healers are the same religion

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

The power of belief in the human mind , has in itself a healing quality . Free will is a powerful thing . If we believe something it becomes easier to see it in our mind . This makes its acheivement possible .

In relationship to faith healing , I believe that its worth is relative to the person being healed . Religion on all levels is a very personal thing and its workings are only as good as each persons understanding. There are no right or wrong answers. Thats the beauty of it . We all see a God of our understanding each in our own way . Faith healing works much the same way . The operative word is Faith.

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#5 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

I think that faith healing works, but the mind is a very powerful tool and by using both of these techniques "healing" does work.

Someone in our coven had cancer for about 3 years, during those years he went to the doctor who told him (during the first year) that he only had a year or less to live. He did Chemo, Radiation, took testing medication, everything.

Once a month our coven would do a "cleansing of his red blood count" to help him heal. He would get a blood test done on Friday at the Doctors and then on Sunday we would do his healing, on Monday he would go back to the doctors for another blood count and every single monday after we had done a healing on him his blood count would double or triple.

After a while the doctor asked him what he was doing and he explained that his coven would do "healings" on him to help him get better. The doctor told him that whatever his group was doing was working very well and to continue it until he got better!!

Well after 3 years of cancer this summer he finally has a clean bill of health! I'm not saying that the healing was the only way he got better, but with the help of medicine and our "healings" he did get better.

#6 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:44 AM

I think it is highly, extremely possible that it does work. Our minds ARE very powerful (think of the few folks who are psychokinetic). I also think that some people can draw certain energies from the ether. Have you ever tried to "feel" a person's aura with your hands? I have tried, and have felt people's energies. I have one friend with whom all I have to do is stand next to her, and I get goosebumps from the energies that flow between us. Haven't you ever felt the "weight of a stare"? I think some people are just better conductors, is all, and a lucky few actually understand what their gift is all about. A lot of healers also use crystals to focus their energies also. :(
Posted Image

#7 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:22 AM

:) My father had an uncle who was a very exceptional individual. He had worked at a manufacturing plant for a number of years but had to give the job up as he claimed that the other employees made him sick. A lot of people's fellow workers make them sick but this was different.

He claimed that he could actually feel people's pain and distress, as well as their evil ideas.

Prior to this job he had lived, mostly by himself, up in Southeast Alaska. At 50+ he ran and placed in a marathon that used to be held there running up and down across the fjiords. He could also make the hair on his forearm stand on end upon command.

He finally set up a small storefront shop on the cheapest street in my hometown's central area. Most of my family will have nothing to do with the paranormal, or anything that even smells of it. Oddly enough it keeps cropping up.

My cousin Leonard, as big a skeptic as ever was, was browbeaten into taking his fathr-in-law in to see his uncle. His F.I.L was dieing of cancer. The two say down in the waiting room. Waiting with them were a young couple with a baby. The baby had been born with defective tearducts. They tears had been running down the baby's cheeks, and had caused huge sores to appear upon the child's cheeks.

The couple and child went in ahead of Leonard and FIL. They came back out minutes later. Not only had the tears stopped, but the sores were gone!

Leonard took his FIL in. Uncle sat him down in a chair, stood behind him and put his hands upon his shoulders. FIL was not cured of cancer, but his symptoms disappeared for almost a year, allowing him to eat and stretch out his life.

Leonard himself was encouraged to go. He had allergies. He said that when Unc put his hands on you they felt hot. Then he felt tingly all over. In a bit Unc started to sneeze etc, taking on the aspect of the condition for a brief time. The relief Leonard got this way was not permanent, but was very long lasting, 6 months to a year. :weeee:
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#8 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:13 AM

I think it can happen...Our bodies are the best doctors!.....It heals itself when it needs it........And sends off signs to you if there is a problem..Also I believe that there are sicknesses that has to be....And no matter what you do it has to happen....There are studies that show people that meditate/pray have less health problems then those who dont...I forgot where I read that...But I seen it...I know I feel better when I work out or take special quiet moments for myself......
"You only get 1 shot!"

#9 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:33 AM

My grandmother used to help people. She could heal a baby's thrush when doctor's couldn't. She also did something else that I wish I knew more about. She could permently get rid of warts by using a broom straw & saying these "magic" words. My mother told me that it was something that was passed down from male to female in the family. Nobody could ever ask her how it was done. My grandmother's family was Irish, & mostly Dutch.

My mother was very sick for the last 15 years of her life. She always kept a smile through it all. She believed in the power of prayer. I do too. When I pray, it always makes me feel better & it is more often than not, answered.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#10 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:43 PM

that's beautiful, Libra. Keep it up. All prayers are heard by god.
petunia4998

#11 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:51 AM

I know from my reading in Celtic folklore, that often talents are passed down from one generation to the next. I forget the specific details, but the holder of the ability definitely chooses who will receive the ability, it is not merely inherited.

I find it interesting that in this same cultural context a practioner can temporarily share his ability by making physical contact with the intended recipient. Also, in Christian circles the term "The Laying On Of Hands" has a long and respected history.

This does not seem to be some sort of positive thinking crapola, as a lot of the healing is done upon children, BEFORE they learn that this sort of healing is not possible.
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#12 Kas

Kas

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 05:17 PM

Hi. I am new here on GV. I thought I'd share my experiences with Faith Healing.
I myself am a healer. I never really put much thought into it, it was just something I did because I enjoy it. I have worked with crystals and also sound. There is just nothing like a Tibetan Singing Bowl (or a crystal bowl). I have a CD of Tibetan singing bowls that is amazing. A singing bowl can clear blockages ( like sinuses)very quickly.

The first time I did an absent healing was last summer. I was totally blown away. My aunt was in the hospital with Babesiosis. She was in a coma on a respirator and the doctors had done all they could do for her. The doctors told everyone to "pray or do what ever it is that you do" because she wasn't going to make it through the day. I sat down with my crystals and her picture and focused on my aunt. There were prayer circles both at the hospital and in other locations. Hours after all this was started, my aunt woke up and began breathing on her own. Her recovery was long, but she is alive.

I recently bought a book called "The Healing Hands" by Echo Bodine. It is a beautiful book that is about being a healing channel for God. It in no way pushes any religon, just accepting that there is a God and channeling His healing powers through your own hands. In the past I have concentrated on using crystals and sound. I am not sure why, but it never crossed my mind to "use" God (I say "use" for lack of any better word, but it dosn't feel like the right word.)

The most recent and most profound healing I have been involved in was for my neighbor. She has fought cancer for 5 years now. In July she had a seizure and was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. She was given 2 weeks to 2 months. A few weeks later, she went back to the doctor and found out she has a brain anuresm. Because there was nothing that could be done, she was sent home to die, if she survived the ride home. I stopped in with a meal for them 2 weeks ago and was told she was "going quick". It was an awful night, as the hours dragged on the "death smell" became much stronger. I came home around 10 at night and decided to try this "new to me method". Almost immediatley my body got tingly and my hand got hot. I fell asleep while doing this absent healing. The next morning I called next door and was told she was up walking around. I was floored. Totally amazed.

I have continued my nightly "healing sessions". On Friday she went to the hospital for a battery of testing just to see what was going on. She was not supposed to be feeling this good. After one test she was told her brain tumor had shrunk by 90%!!!!!!! The doctors were shocked and speechless. None of them had ever seen anything of this sort. It is nothing short of a miracle. For now, the family is walking on air. And I will continue my nightly "healing sessions".

So these are a couple of my experiences. Ones that I would have never believed had I not seen it.

Kas

#13 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 23 August 2005 - 01:11 AM

I had a great-great aunt who could stop bleeding, and a great-great uncle who could remove warts, both by saying passages out of the Bible.
Posted Image

#14 Markway

Markway

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 06:49 AM

Hi.  I am new here on GV.  I thought I'd share my experiences with Faith Healing.
I myself am a healer.  I never really put much thought into it, it was just something I did because I enjoy it.  I have worked with crystals and also sound.  There is just nothing like a Tibetan Singing Bowl (or a crystal bowl).  I have a CD of Tibetan singing bowls that is amazing.  A singing bowl can clear blockages ( like sinuses)very quickly.

The first time I did an absent healing was last summer.  I was totally blown away.  My aunt was in the hospital with Babesiosis.  She was in a coma on a respirator and the doctors had done all they could do for her.  The doctors told everyone to "pray or do what ever it is that you do" because she wasn't going to make it through the day.  I sat down with my crystals and her picture and focused on my aunt.  There were prayer circles both at the hospital and in other locations.  Hours after all this was started, my aunt woke up and began breathing on her own.  Her recovery was long, but she is alive.

I recently bought a book called "The Healing Hands" by Echo Bodine.  It is a beautiful book that is about being a healing channel for God.  It in no way pushes any religon, just accepting that there is a God and channeling His healing powers through your own hands.  In the past I have concentrated on using crystals and sound.  I am not sure why, but it never crossed my mind to "use" God (I say "use" for lack of any better word, but it dosn't feel like the right word.)

The most recent and most profound healing I have been involved in was for my neighbor.  She has fought cancer for 5 years now.  In July she had a seizure and was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.  She was given 2 weeks to 2 months. A few weeks later, she went back to the doctor and found out she has a brain anuresm.  Because there was nothing that could be done, she was sent home to die, if she survived the ride home.  I stopped in with a meal for them 2 weeks ago and was told she was "going quick".  It was an awful night, as the hours dragged on the "death smell" became much stronger.  I came home around 10 at night and decided to try this "new to me method".  Almost immediatley my body got tingly and my hand got hot.  I fell asleep while doing this absent healing.  The next morning I called next door and was told she was up walking around.  I was floored.  Totally amazed. 

I have continued my nightly "healing sessions".  On Friday she went to the hospital for a battery of testing just to see what was going on.  She was not supposed to be feeling this good.  After one test she was told her brain tumor had shrunk by 90%!!!!!!!  The doctors were shocked and speechless.  None of them had ever seen anything of this sort.  It is nothing short of a miracle.  For now, the family is walking on air. And I will continue my nightly "healing sessions".

So these are a couple of my experiences.  Ones that I would have never believed had I not seen it. 

Kas

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My father's uncle "felt" the sufferer's pain and symptoms. As I understand it there was a sensation of power moving from one to the other. Are these sensations familiar to you?
This much let me avow---
All that we see or seem

#15 Kas

Kas

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:49 AM

:Spaz:

Markway~ I have only once felt someone's pain, and I am sure it was only a fragment of what she feels. A woman I have become very good friends with lost her son 8 1/2 years ago. He passed days before Christmas. Needless to say, the holidays are very difficult for her. One day, this past Christmas season, I sat down and asked God, her son, and anyone else that was out there listening, to let me have her pain for as long as she needed to be free of it. I wanted her to feel joy and happiness with out such pain. I hadn't thought it would work, but it was worth a try. As I sat there, I was suddenly overwhelmed with the worst pain and grief that I had ever felt. I sobbed, and I mean SOBBED for a good half an hour. And then almost as suddenly as it came on, I stopped crying and felt very peaceful. I said Thank you to everyone I had asked. I was grateful, I know how odd that sounds, for being able to experience that. I could only hope that for that time, my friend was at peace within herself. A while later, I had started baking cookies when my phone rang. It was my friend. I asked her how she was doing and she said, " This morning, I feel really good, better than I have in a long time." I was astounded but I didn't say anything about it. It felt so good to be able to help her for even a short time.

Other than that, I have not felt anyone's pain. I do feel the energy, mostly in my hands and arms. They often trob, tingle and/or get hot. It is really neat.

Kas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users