#1 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:06 AM

Folks, these extraordinary (5) photos were taken by a friend of a very close friend of mine. The photos were taken last evening (August 20th 2013) at Sunset, the person taking the photos lives in Burlington City, NJ. These were her comments with the photos. If anyone has seen anything similar please let me know. These are just phenomenal photos! A quiet evening (Aug. 20th) was broken by banging on my door. "Come out, come out. The sun's on fire". Bring your camera." And there it was. The most amazing sight I have ever seen. It appeared as if "flames" were jumping off the sun. It was a huge, complete, orange ball of fire, but the camera couldn't capture it's intense color. It did capture the "fire" and "flames". This was unbelievable. In the last pic, the sun is partially hidden by passing clouds. What in the world was this????

Original Link: http://2013rainbowro...extreme-wake-up

Posted Image

Edited by MoonChild, 27 August 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Posted Image

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

The answer to this is likely not the sun but what is below it. It appears that the structure below is some kind of smokestack or other such industrial fixture capable of venting heat into the atmosphere. If you notice the "flames" change position on the sun but remain above the stack when one views the pictures on the website. Ths I would suspect that heat is creating air turbulence above the stack and as such is distorting the sun's light as it passes through. You can see a similar effect next time you build a campfire, simply observe what is behaind the fire and in the heat column directly above it. You will see a similar form of distortion.

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:56 AM

Cool, that could be a possible explanation CaveRat :)
Posted Image

#4 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

I agree with CaveRat because I didn't see anything like that where I live.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#5 no1plumbrr

no1plumbrr

Would let the taxpayers foot the bill to go to a GV convention

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Interests:DENISE
    ghosts, aliens, and anything crazy.

FEARS: clowns and now BEP, thanks guys you rock ! ;)

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

The answer to this is likely not the sun but what is below it. It appears that the structure below is some kind of smokestack or other such industrial fixture capable of venting heat into the atmosphere. If you notice the "flames" change position on the sun but remain above the stack when one views the pictures on the website. Ths I would suspect that heat is creating air turbulence above the stack and as such is distorting the sun's light as it passes through. You can see a similar effect next time you build a campfire, simply observe what is behaind the fire and in the heat column directly above it. You will see a similar form of distortion.

good catch, did not even notice it.
In love with an awesome woman
SHALOM my friends !

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yup. Caverat is right. Whatever comming out of that smokestake is disorting the sunlight and creating the illusion.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yup. Caverat is right. Whatever comming out of that smokestake is disorting the sunlight and creating the illusion.

And some super cool illusion this!
Posted Image

#8 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

great pic...as if the sun wasn't hot enough lol!

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users