• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:09 PM

Went out to see Elf with a friend*hugely funny, btw*and on the way back, we saw one of the memorial sites you see on the road in S. California*flowers or messages left at the site of fatal accidents*and while I didn't see anyone, I felt her presence. Cursing myself for not bringing camera and recorder, I asked my friend to slow up and said a Blessing for her

DANGIT! Again I get the face caress and saw her, 16, jeans and a Orange Glen HS sweatshirt, dark hair,dark eyes "Thank you," she whispers.

DADBURN IT! That does it...I'm sure the only reason she let me see her was she knew I didn't have a camera with me [smiley=cwm28.gif]
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 06:41 PM

I hate it when that happens. I was coming home the other night and when I rounded the curve just before my house I saw a man cross the road in front of me and stop after reaching the other side. I stopped because there was no reason for anyone to be there, it was then that I watched as he just sort of faded away. I guess we cant have cameras ready at all times but just some of the time would be nice. BTW my wife saw it also so I wasnt dreaming or imagining things. I really should be carrying one around here due to the fact that we see these types of things quite often. Better luck next time and same goes to me LOL. [smiley=cwm12.gif]
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 07:43 AM

*LOL*Cajun, thanks, I may draw the line on taking my camera into the bathroom with me<um...maybe>but I am going to start taking it around on non-hunts. Had you seen that presence before?

*Snickers*I still think they sense the absence of recording equiptment or that its malfunctioning and just line up for a talent show. Maybe taking a disposable camera as kind of a sneaky gun/cam
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:52 AM

Yes I have seen it from time to time. Thats the part that gets me, I still wasnt ready LOL. I agree with having a disposable in the glove box tho.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 10:21 AM

Hey, Cajun, sorry for the delay...what do you know about him? Have you talked with neighbours, does anyone else see him besides you and your Lady?

#6 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 11:27 AM

Nothing from neighbors, although my brother has mentioned seeing someone in the past a couple of times. He feels that it was someone really there walking across the field. Now I have had a couple of people coming to visit and mentioning seeing someone walking out there and not thinking much about it. As for the history there is not much to go on here. There used to be an old barn that was used for a house on the back side where a man hung himself many years ago. I have no idea what this man looked like though. He hung himself shortly after his son was hung from an old tree down the road, this was supposedly by accident. From time to time you will see a shadow swinging from the old tree. I have not tried to investigate it though because I have never done this to close to home and this is very close. The interesting part is that he will cross the road in front of you and step out of view of headlights and more or less vanish.

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 23 December 2003 - 02:15 PM

DANG, Cajun! What a fantastic Haunting...I can see how you'd
have reservations about doing an investigation so close to home, but this must be very very tempting for you, Amigo.

How did the Gent's son accidentally hang himself or could that be just 'the official version'? Also...about how long ago was this?

#8 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 05:24 AM

Yes it is close to home. 750' from my front door actually. The boy was playing in the tree with a rope making a swing. The rope was  looped around his head and shoulder for carrying while climbing the tree, and while securing the rope to the limb the boy lost his balance and fell. This is what I heard anyway. I have never found any public records to back it up though. This was supposed to have happened during the 1930's and there is a rope still imbedded in the limb of the tree. Yes it is very tempting but I will have to pass on this one and just enjoy the sighting from time to time, not even sure if I really want to take a picture or not. Also my wife has asked me not to so I am being ruled by a higher power LOL. 8)

#9 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 07:44 PM

OMGS...That is tragic! I don't know why but I kind of pictured the son being an adult

HOLY CATS! That's way too close, Amigo...tempting as it is, I agree*well, maybe a picture and if you just happened to have your recorder in your pocket when you went for a walk-HEY! It could happen, like absently taking a pen [smiley=cwm1.gif]

#10 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 08:53 PM

Yes it could happen. ;D

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 11:24 PM

*LOL*But will that Higher Power believe you?

#12 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 07:36 AM

oooh I forgot about that one. :-/

#13 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 02:08 PM

Not a problem, man, simply reverse the roles, use "pwease" a lot, bat your eyelashes or bite your lower lip

#14 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 03:10 PM

......see that is one of the reasons women carry purses...I'm always dropping my camara in there or a disposable with just *one* picture left.......
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#15 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 11:04 PM

*LOL*Masque and here I thought you were gonna slug me for the cheuvanistic comment ;D

carry-all? Brief case? Hmmmmm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users