The Guilty Pleasure Thread!

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:40 PM

Tell us your guilty pleasures. What movies, music, food, TV shows, etc. do you find that is not bad, but yet it's not all that good either? You like it but are just too embarrassed to admit! Share with us we won't tell, honest! :clap: Remember to keep it clean!

To start I'll offer up the Lorenzo Lamas movie "Snake Eater". It's "Rambo" meets "Deliverance"! I like to watch this snoozer of a movie once every now and then, it's awful but entertaining!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#2 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

OK ~ I admit...............watching Dancing With The Stars...........and dancing along with 'em

#3 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

Once in a while I just can't resist tuning into "Rock of Love" just to laugh at the bimbos Bret Michaels has on there!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#4 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:36 AM

As most of y'all know, going to Walmart 1x a week is pretty much my sum total of exposure to the outside world anymore and is both a treat and torture. If I manage to get to the end without going into meltdown, I get a 3 Musketeers Mint candy bar as a reward. (the guilty pleasure part is the candy bar).

#5 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:22 AM

I went to high school in the late 70's-early 80's so I was into the 80's hair bands. Some of those bands were just so awful they were cool to listen to. I still crank the radio up when a Krokus song comes on the radio. It's some of that music I don't hear too often so when I do I'm taken aback.

#6 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:45 AM

My guilty pleasure - and ultimate time waster - are the games on Myspace . . . right now it's Bubble Element. So addictive, and so useless . . . but fun :lol:

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#7 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

Historical mystery novels and Antiques Roadshow. I feel like I should be an old lady with these tastes, but...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#8 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

Hmmm where to start!

Way too much time playing games on POGO.
Those house buying shows on HGTV.

My stinky little pleasure was smoking. Now instead of smoking, I just wish I was. :lol:

Edited by Seeker, 04 May 2008 - 12:55 PM.

There is nothing left to say.Me

#9 Ecco

Ecco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Hmmm...

Flip This House, Clash of the Titans, Avatar: The Last Airbender, shopping at On the Wild Side (local hippy-type store)

#10 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

One of my guilty pleasures is finding out that I love watching those 70's detective shows. Our fellow Villager jenjen's dad has a bunch of DVD's of this type and I love watching them. I love Columbo, Hawaii 5-0, and Dragnet. So well written those shows!

Whatever

#11 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

Also, watch Serpico, Mannix, Night Stalker, etc., those are classics.

#12 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:22 PM

Also, watch Serpico, Mannix, Night Stalker, etc., those are classics.

Thanks axman for the suggestions. I'll tell jenjen's dad. I should add that I like watching M*A*S*H also. Part of jenjen's dad DVD collection. So well written also!

Whatever

#13 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:22 PM

Once in a while I just can't resist tuning into "Rock of Love" just to laugh at the bimbos Bret Michaels has on there!

I got sucked into that show... My sister and I were cheering on Ambre and calling Daisy that stupid ****. Ha! I'm also a "Dancing with the Stars" sucker... And I'm hooked on "The Bachlor" (but I can't stand "The Bachlorette".). I was so mad last season when the guy didn't pick anyone!

Other guilty pleasures... hmmm... this is really gross but mac and cheese bites (deep fried mac and cheese)... "the National Enquirer", I have to have the new copy every Friday. Trashy day time TV such as "Judge Judy" "MAury" and "Jerry Springer". But even I have a limit as to how much of that I can handle...
Love life.

#14 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

My guilty little pleasures....I cannot live without my Nodoze, ice tea and diet pepsi...every morning I take 4 200mg of Nodoze...straight caffinee and swallow it down with 32 ounces of tea. I sit in bed smoke a cigarette for about 5 minutes, until the caffinee hits, then I'm good to go for the day. If I don't have any caffinee, I don't want to get out of bed and I know my day is going to suck. I like playing little pranks on my kids...tell you more about those later. I'm a Law and Order Junkie...besides Dave my dream man is Chris Noth (detective Logan)
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#15 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

:hey Lex ~ a story I always love to tell.........I was in The Netherlands in 1999 and it never failed to amaze me that at 6pm. their time Monday through Friday, it's like the entire country came to a screeching halt to watch The Jerry Springer Show! <nice to know I'm no the only DWTS fan around. I'm really looking forward to the 100th. episode special tonight> Oh and Juliet ~ count me in as a L&O junkie. I especially like SVU:
I've developed yet another guilty pleasure.......Lara Adrian's Breed series. I bought the latest in the series last week, read it in one night and promptly went to Amazon.com and ordered all of the previous books in the series. Suspense, romance, aliens, vampires.......ahhhh good reading!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users