• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:53 AM

I think it is ego actually. After a while I notice some researchers getting a bit of attention will become ego driven and in the end it is that attitude that hurts our entire field

#32 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:21 AM

Like I said before, here and in another thread. I agree with many of Dr. Dave's theories but not with all of them. In the same respect I don't always agree with the TAPS way of doing things. I definitely don't agree with Ed and Lorraine Warren on a majority of their theories and so-called investigative techniques. I personally don't think running anyone out of the business solves anything. One just needs to be wary of anything done by anyone. I feel that if Dave and Sharon wish to sell certificates so-be-it, sell them, but remember, caveat emptor!

Ed and Lorraine Warren still have a vendetta against Dr. Stephen Kaplan and he passed away years ago, that to me shows a disrespect on many levels. Dr. Kaplan isn't there to defend himself or retort any of the Warren's claims, Ed and Lorraine should just let it be, but they don't. So with that in mind I will avoid those who show disresect to others in the field.

Edited by Axman, 21 November 2005 - 11:22 AM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#33 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:49 AM

There is no more flaming on the IGHS homepage towards TAPS. That portion has been taken down which shows me that they are dropping the issue.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#34 wayne2241

wayne2241

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:15 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I just thought it would be an interesting read, here's a link about some of Dave and Sharon Oester's behaviors http://badpsychics.c...php?storyid=230

As far as the IGHS/TAPS fued of the past, Dave fired the first shot in late 2004 in several consecutive issues of his newsletter (marketing piece).

As far as my own personal experience with him, I would be apt to believe the story. But regardless, I know quite a few members of the IGHS that display none of the hateful characteristics of the IGHS leadership. It's unfortunate that they have to be associated like that.

Contact me outside of ghostvillage if you're interested in my experiences.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users