Video camera

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tierney77

tierney77

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

We are looking for a video camera. we have a Sony handycam with nightshot plus and I am thinking about buying another camera so two of us can have cameras. I also plan on buying extra lights off of amazon. but we really like the spectercam,and the pro from ghosthuntingcameras.com and the paraspectrum from moditroncs. what do you guys think The camcorder we already have has the night shot so I would think IR is covered so I was thinking paraspectrum but it blocks out all the visible light bit. I just want the largest range of light to capture everything.

#2 tierney77

tierney77

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Also I am looking for information an what else we should look into aquiring.

#3 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:46 AM

Actually you want the narrowest range of light. That way, should you capture something, you know what region it originated from. I often recommend even to those using only visible light, to filter the band into various colors thus isolating it into its component levels. When you throw in IR or UV such isolation is imparative because light outside the visible part of the spectrum exhibits different characteristics based on its wavelength. There is no one camera for all applications; anyone who makes such a claim is just trying to sell cameras!
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#4 Mak Jo Si

Mak Jo Si

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Exorcism, Taoism, Taoist magic, Kung Fu, Chi Kong, Ghost related things

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

hey you all talk about the camera you use.. but seems to me you all are going for night adventures right? did you all ever thought about what lighting you are going to use? any flashlights you bring along?
My Taoist Temple - Chi in Nature Taoist Temple
My BLOG: Taoist Master Blog
My Exorcist Website! - World's Best Exorcist Web!

Posted Image

#5 creepyjon

creepyjon

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Spectercam stuff is the top of the line stuff, I would go with them hands down. I have a sony with night vision too, and they aren't that great in large areas or outside. Even with silly amounts of infrared light they only go 20 feet in the dark. Inside or near reflective walls it's pretty good. It really depends on what you are doing, but most people highly underestimate how much infrared you really need since it's so hard to push. Don't use uv for mobile use where people are, it puts out too much visible light, and the amount you need to make a dent in the darkness is enough to give you a sun burn.
Visit Ghosts of the Valley for my collection of paranormal evidence. http://ghostsofthevalley.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users