Can ordinary objects be haunted or possesed

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Zulphur

Zulphur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:My interests span from a huge variety of things some of these are..
    Music, B - horror Movies, HI - FI, Reading, Travelling, computers, meeting new interesting people like you?

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:20 AM

Can an ordinary objects such as an old watch or clothes etc.. be haunted? or contain the psychic energy of its previous owner.? have you experienced anything that has to do with the latter?, it would be interesting to know. whats your thoughts about it?.
"That is not deadWhich can eternal lieYet with strange aeonsEven death may die."'(H.P. Lovecraft)

#2 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

I most certainly think that common ordinary objects can be haunted or possessed. One trip to John Zaffis's museum could show you that. There are many stories about many different objects there. Everything from a grandfather clock that behaves bizzare to a wedding dress that is said to choke you when you put in on. Just some examples.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#3 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

Zulphur ... This is my area of specialization, take a look at my website as I'm certain that you will find it informative and right on topic. Any questions I'll be most happy to answer.

Richard

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 30 August 2007 - 11:53 AM.

A Skeptic Is Simply A Closet Believer

#4 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:My husband<br />My dogs (puggle and golden retreiver)<br />New cities<br />Sports<br />USMC<br />Paranormal<br />Xray<br />Beach<br />Summer<br />

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

To my understanding (which i dont have extensive knowledge on), isn't it that a spirit has a tie to the object?
"It didnt feel like the pain had weakend over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it " RIP Amanda Taylor"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret." Robert E Lee

#5 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

To my understanding (which i dont have extensive knowledge on), isn't it that a spirit has a tie to the object?

Now this is just my opinion but I don't think a spirit has to tie itself to an object for it to be haunted. Not everytime. There is still the residual energy factor.
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#6 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:My husband<br />My dogs (puggle and golden retreiver)<br />New cities<br />Sports<br />USMC<br />Paranormal<br />Xray<br />Beach<br />Summer<br />

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

Could that be then why some mediums or psychics can pick up an object and tell the history of it?
"It didnt feel like the pain had weakend over time, rather that I'd grown strong enough to bear it " RIP Amanda Taylor"Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret." Robert E Lee

#7 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:42 PM

In my work I have found that there is three types of latent energy that may have a nexus to an object ... 1) Interactive, 2) Residual and 3) a combination of both. I address each of these on my website.

Richard

#8 CourtneyDee

CourtneyDee

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

In my work I have found that there is three types of latent energy that may have a nexus to an object ... 1) Interactive, 2) Residual and 3) a combination of both. I address each of these on my website.

Richard

I will check out your site when I have a bit more time, I'm out the door in about 15 minutes :D

#9 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

Richard

Can I ask how can you tell the difference or that how you would know if you had both?

#10 Zulphur

Zulphur

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:My interests span from a huge variety of things some of these are..
    Music, B - horror Movies, HI - FI, Reading, Travelling, computers, meeting new interesting people like you?

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

Zulphur ... This is my area of specialization, take a look at my website as I'm certain that you will find it informative and right on topic. Any questions I'll be most happy to answer.

Richard

Thank you
your page was very interesting. !
"That is not deadWhich can eternal lieYet with strange aeonsEven death may die."'(H.P. Lovecraft)

#11 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

Zulphur ... thanks, glad you enjoyed my website. Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Richard

#12 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

CourtneyDee ... after you view my website, please let me know your thoughts and should you have any questions, it will be my pleasure to answer them.

Richard

#13 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

CourtneyDee ... in response to your posting #6 ... I use Psychics in my work as you will see when you visit my website.

Richard

#14 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Oh well, I'll figure it out on my own. Thanks.

Edited by DeadTrish, 30 August 2007 - 03:45 PM.

#15 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:34 PM

I am dealing with this topic in my home at the moment. My husband and I love antiques, we have many, from ones handed down to us from family to ones bought in antique shops. My husband has always wanted an old wooden wall phone, the kind with a mouthpiece you talk into and a hand held receiver you put to your ear and a crank that rings. We found the perfect one while browsing about 4 years ago in a huge antique flea market type of a place in our town, great price and the nicest one we have ever seen. It is just for show, it is not hooked up in any way. We found the perfect spot in our kitchen on a beam near the entrance to our front hallway. Just after we put it up, I woke up in the middle of the night to hear it ringing. I thought no way, and there was no way I was going to answer it, lol. Nothing has happened since until the other night, once again I heard the same ringing that only that telephone makes when you crank it. Today, I just happened to look at the telephone, which has not been touched for a long time, and the reciever was placed upside down, not the way it has hung since we put it up, it shocked me. I asked my husband if he had anyone over while I wasn't home that may have touched it and he said "no", in fact he was shocked by it too.

Did a spirit try to use the phone? Did they recognize the "old style" as a phone and try to use it? Obviously they hung it up wrong, or maybe right, I may be hanging the receiver wrong. The only spirit that I sense in my home is my grandmother, she comes and goes, and does like to use telephones. She was born in 1902, so she would recognize this style. I am not sure the age of this phone, possibly 1940's?? Here are some photos below. I took them tonight after I turned the receiver around and hung it the way it usually is. Is anyone familiar with this type of old phone? Is the receiver (on left) hung correctly or is upside down?

Posted Image

Edited by GhostCat, 30 August 2007 - 07:36 PM.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users