T.A.P.S. and the rubber ball

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 AngelRose

AngelRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:35 AM

I also was not impressed. I agree, TOOOOO much talking.
I had my laptop on full screen after they put the camera
on the ball. I could swear I seen the ball rock back and forth.
Then hubby burst my bubble and said, "Yeah I'm sure it would
with all the windows broken." There went my excitement. LOL
I do wish there was just a little bit of activity I could have seen.
I'm not going to go there myself just to find some. LOL

Blessings,
Angie
Posted Image

#17 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

Kay sir rah sir rah! After all has been said and done, IMHO they're still bordering on paranromal infancy in their verbal techniques and general investigative performance. I truly feel that none of them would know a true anomaly should one jump up and bite them in the posteria.

As I said before, under a different topic, that I'm very eager to see their "results" from the investigation of the Burlington County Prison Museum this past September (yet to air). My daughter's group and I have been there on four different investigations and have gotten some startling results. We, as do many other groups, know what's there. So, if the wonder boys don't come up with anything or try to falsify what's there, we'll know it! And, believe me, it will by my pleasure to blast them on it.

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 02 November 2007 - 03:59 PM.

Published Author and Paranormal Archaeologist

#18 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

I found the show very disappointing and (yawn) boring..............I kept falling asleep. I taped it on my DVR, tried to watch it again the next day, fell asleep again. Couple of questions and my personal comments:

Dustin and Kris, do they have any clue at all? They seemed to be flirting with each other more than anything. The funny thing was when they were on the floor with the rubber ball, Kris continually commented on the breezes from the stairs, from the windows, from the rooms, etc. However, Grant, Jay and Elijah made it a point to repeat over and over that there was no breeze. Makes you wanna go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Who's lying?

Elijah from the ECW, there was absolutely NO point having him there. Why was he there? I didn't believe a single word that came out of his mouth.

Tango, does he have a clue?

Steve, loving him.

I agree with peepers on the many production mistakes, the music especially was counter-productive for the audience because we could hear NOTHING!

I don't know who posted before about bringing a psychic....but I agree, they need to have a psychic medium with them on all investigations. It would be one thing if any of the TAPS team were sensitive, but since none of them are, they are in dire need of a psychic/medium. It would add a lot of interest to a show that I am finding tedious.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#19 cathylj73

cathylj73

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Interests:Animals, paranormal, Kids

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:59 AM

I agree with everyone. The music threw off the whole effect as well as it was boring. I set my tv timer on and I was asleep before the tv turned off. It was a good attempt though on their part but maybe they will look back and see what they could have done differntly and better it for next time

(facebook) cathyld73@yahoo.com

#20 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:24 AM

Ditto on the music. I had the show on for about an hour but was only half paying attention. The whole episode on DVR for later. I think the results show will be more interesting. Ditto on bringing in a ratings booster. Do they have their audience pegged that low?
I would love to see them bring in a medium but their niche is to collect irrefutable scientific evidence. That wouldn't follow.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#21 2mcgrath

2mcgrath

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:07 AM

i wish they would do a live event at the light house where they had success.the waverly hills place they were at,didnt seem to have any activity really to me.i watched all of it but an hour and got really bored in that time frame before hitting the bed.

i mean the place just didnt seem to me to be haunted at all.and i agree all those windows broken out,you know would cause a breeze which could easily move a ball.

and also the waverly hills place is huge,so you are gonna hear sounds,and no telling what kinda animals seek refuge in there at night,so i dont think its a really good place to go,to seek paranormal

Edited by 2mcgrath, 03 November 2007 - 11:08 AM.

#22 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:15 AM

Kira ... I'm the cluprit who said that they should use psychic intervention. It most certainly would take the guesswork out!

#23 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:22 AM

Amylew ... If they use a psychic/medium they might be in a better position to obtain scientific evidence. At the very least, they would be able to zero in on hot spots and know what's there, or rather who is there. To rely solely on electronic meters to detect what? ... is foolish. That's the main reason why they come up cold.

Edited by Richard Kimmel, 03 November 2007 - 11:25 AM.

#24 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

Unfortunately, it's the T.A.P.S. groupies who put them on the paranormal pedistel! Personally, I would not attend any of their speaking engagements or participate in any conference where I had to share the podium with any one of them. Anyone having any respect for the paranormal community should feel the same way.

#25 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:37 AM

Richard, I believe at the begining of the seies they began to go in the Psychic/Medium direction and some one put a stop to it.......
....as far as the show being "dumbed down", they keep it simple because of the all the newbies turning on the show each week..... you can tell by the # of newbies around here.... this site has more new people signing up daily than weekly a year and a half ago....
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#26 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

IMHO the Sci-Fi people could do much better than this laugh a minute group. I truly feel strongly about all this and feel that T.A.P.S. makes a mockery out of true paranormal investigating. Not only do they act childish with their remarks, but their performance is very lack luster. I know that I'm offended by it. I consider what I do as serious business, business of not only historical significance but of paranormal as well.

I'm certain that there are many others who feel the same way as I, but fail to speak out about it. I can't wait until the show finally comes to an end, sooner than later. Then possibly paranormal investigating will settle back down to the real thing and beginners won't be being misled in the wrong direction.

#27 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

yes, I agree and feel about the same.... but I don't think that was the intention at the beginning.... I think it originally set out to be an admirable reflection of the field.... but because of public response, it became exploited.... like anything else that is good.... becoming ruined.... :)
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#28 Richard Kimmel

Richard Kimmel

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:58 PM

yes, I agree and feel about the same.... but I don't think that was the intention at the beginning.... I think it originally set out to be an admirable reflection of the field.... but because of public response, it became exploited.... like anything else that is good.... becoming ruined.... :)

Possibly the honorable thing to do, obviously for the betterment of the paranormal community, would be for them to give up the show! I doubt that this would happen though, because it has become too lucrative a proposition for the boys from R.I. This is why I believe that they just don't give a cats petuty about what people like you and I think or feel.

Plumbers by day, paranormal entrepreneurs by night. What a beautiful facade! ... and all in the name of paranormal investigating.

#29 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:17 PM

..... and I'm feeling that too..... :)

#30 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

I actually like TAPS. I think they’re down-to-earth people with a passion. I think they try very hard at what they do. Steve really impresses me as does Grant. I enjoy the show when I get the chance to watch it.

The fact of the matter is, we’re all in the same boat, here. None of us really knows what the paranormal is, how it relates to us as humans, the environment or, to an extent, the instruments we use to try to measure it. Because of this, I feel that it’s very difficult to legitimately discredit (or make a mockery out of) anyone trying to seek evidence - because we don’t even truly know what we’re dealing with, here.

I see so many people in this field who appear to be fighting eachother, putting eachother down, etc. which only inhibits the progression that could be made by investigating and sharing. I feel we could get a great deal further in the quest for understanding the paranormal if we all tried to work together to try to find some answers.

On the subject of sensitives/mediums, TAPS may be trying to stay away from that because they rely heavily on scientific measurements by which to gain potential evidence. In order to try to prove life-after-death to those more skeptical, scientific equipment is what could do it. Not a sensitive or a medium - that does not fly with most skeptics and I can totally understand their view-point on that, too. I‘m a sensitive and I still feel that way. I rarely trust myself with these feelings much less someone I don’t even know.

Too, and I just have to say, being “sensitive” is not so unique, in my eyes. I believe that everyone has the capability. I think it’s a very universal aspect of our humanity. It just appears to be more prominent in some people than others. I recall a few episodes of TAPS where a few of the members felt seemingly abnormal sensations. As far as I know, there isn’t a current member on TAPS who labels themselves a sensitive and they’re still feeling these strange sensations.

From a sociological perspective, I also think the show is good because it is broadcast in homes across the nation for anyone to see. I’m sure many people have experienced many of the same strange things that the TAPS members/their clients have and didn’t know what to do or where to go for information or help. TAPS has helped put the message out there that these experiences may have any number of causes - and show that there just might be an answer out there, which gives people experiencing possible paranormal phenomenon hope. I think that’s good.

Just my thoughts. :)

Amanda

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 03 November 2007 - 05:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users