• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:45 PM

you ever see the amount of energy kids at that age have???  Geesh, my 6 yr old refuses to go to bed till after 9 and is it hopping around at 5 the next morning and never stops
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#17 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:00 AM

Hehehhe!

Ah, and the best thing about these kind of theories or ideas is you can change them under scrutiny.  hahah!  My wife and I had another conversation about this last weekend, and bascially we couldn't quite figure out "how" you could separate the two parts (points at Moonchild).  So basically, I'm back to thinking you don't have two separate types of entities....

We began wondering if it is possible for the two parts to switch back and forth as to who is being active...

Then again it's all conjecture and theory.  You really can't say "that's it"  you know?  But, I suppose you can try and come up with the moste reasonable sounding theory. LOL! I suppose a lesser of two evils lol!

My wife and I are still working very hard at trying to figure out the best way/approach to handling ghosts or helping them.  Talk about a project lol!
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#18 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:10 AM

Argh!!! I didn't even see your post Whisper! I apologize!

You ask some good questions there!  If I could get my wife to post it would rock, but she seems reluctant.

I promise, I'll try to explain some of the Huna concepts here.  I hope tomorrow morning I'll have some time to do so.

Nah, never any hair pulling, every angle is great to look at. I honestly don't know the answer to that off the top of my head.  I don't know what Moon's beliefs say about that, but he may be able to add some insight.  In Huna, that silver cord is the cord in which the low self sends prayers (in Huna, these are not just words but "thought forms".  In fact, I think the traditional cord has beads on it that signify the individual prayers going up the cord.  Sound familiar?  Granted, Catholic Rosaries were to keep track of how many prayers they had made during the day.  Basically and in the most curde sense, it's the link to the High self.  It's the cord that we send our prayers/thought forms along to the Superconscious.

Now, even teachers of Huna and the book authors of Huna will tell you, take what you want and leave the rest.  If there is a part of Huna that does not settle well and causes all of Huna to become useless, then by all means don't use that part.  It's a very open philosophy or psychological approach to the power of prayer, healing, and bettering one's self though understanding of one's self.

It's just interesting how some of the ideas explained by Huna and many other religions that one may not think of, seem relative to the spirit world and what we are all trying to explain/prove.

Or.... maybe not and I might as well be eating spam at the moment.  

Care for some spam?

#19 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:14 AM

*Snickers*Um...the comment about the silver cord still existing after the body dies and the soul ventures wherever
it ventures was just to make you scramble around trying to find the answer, man ;D

WOW and I mean that with all respect, Ankthra, I really like that idea, in many religions, not accepting a tenet of the faith is tantamount to heresy ;)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#20 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:01 AM

LOL well look out because I'll research it hehehe!

Well the neat thing about Huna, is it's not a religion in itself.  in fact, it's something you can add to other religions to enhance them.  It's a "plug-in" heheh or an add-on.  It's a practice more than a religion.  For me it's like saying, yes I beleive in the triune God.  3 parts, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  Huna explains it in a mechanical and in daily practice terms.

One of the neatest books was written by one of the more important figures in breaking the code of the kahunas and Huna itself, Max Freedom Long.  The book is called "What Jesus Taught in Secret"  (I think that's what it is called).
The book basically takes the King James version of the bible and translates it into the old Polynesian language used by the Kahunas (possibly the language of the Hawaiins now?), then using the symbols used by Kahunas to then decipher what they meant in terms of Huna.  

#21 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 07:50 PM

How very cool! Thanks, Ankthra, will check out the book ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#22 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 01:26 PM

Just remember, take what you want, and leavr the rest.  The author makes some points that I don't agree with in ralation to Jesus's ultimate mission.  It took me awhile to get past that and then read the book again to really wring out the good stuff.

The problem is, he used the King James version.  If he wanted to be absolutely certain he got the symbolism correctly, he would have had to translate the Hebrew texts LOL!

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,826 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 16 March 2004 - 07:22 AM

Huna? I guess Tuna is good nuf ;)

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users