6 replies to this topic

#1 soulrunner

soulrunner

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:gardening is my hobby and one of my jobs

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

We had a few people around at the weekend and as the evening wore on we began to talk about ghosts and spirits. We all then began to talk about where the most frightening place to see a ghost would be. We had several suggestions but I think the most creepy were either sitting in the bath or sitting on your toilet.
I would love to hear if anybody else can think of any other creepy places to see a ghost.

#2 barb_s13

barb_s13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Interests:Everything paranormal, but especially the Bridgewater Triangle. When not investigating the unexplainable, I like to read, write, walk my little white dog Malcolm, garden, cook and paint.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

I think the creepiest place to see a ghost is when your in bed and wake up in the middle of the night. People are at their most vulnerable when asleep. I also think it would be creepy to see a ghost wandering down a hospital hallway or in a funeral home. Good question!
Apparitions are often confused with hauntings. The difference is that apparitions are "live" (intelligent consciousness) and hauntings are "recordings."- LOYD AUERBACH, interview

#3 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Hm... I'd have to say inches from your face, no matter where you are.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#4 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

We had a few people around at the weekend and as the evening wore on we began to talk about ghosts and spirits. We all then began to talk about where the most frightening place to see a ghost would be. We had several suggestions but I think the most creepy were either sitting in the bath or sitting on your toilet.
I would love to hear if anybody else can think of any other creepy places to see a ghost.

OMG, lol. I actually wrote a blog article about haunted bathrooms! I talked about things that could mimic paranormal activity that are associated with bathrooms, and a little about why bathrooms might be haunted...but the main gist was that we are usually quite vulnerable, literally and figuratively, while partaking in the various activities that go on in the restroom. If anyone is interested, here's the link:

http://theresashaunt...-bathrooms.html

Anyway, one of the scariest places I think would be to see something unexplained is sitting in your own car with you while you're driving. It's not as if you could easily flee if you needed/wanted to, and you run the risk of crashing if you take your eyes off the road to examine the entity. Plus, it's gotta be pretty darn up close and personal, even if in the backseat since vehicles aren't usually that big...
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 06 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

Any place where the ghost decided to appear can be creepy! Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Abominable Dr. Civis!

Abominable Dr. Civis!

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy kayaking, hiking, geocaching, foreign films, suspense, cheaply-made action or slasher films, folklore, working out, keeping a myriad of friends and acquaintances, green tea, Pixies (the band), spontaneity and adventure! Oh, and ghost-hunting too of course, though I find its more like fishing.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have to vote my own bedroom or bathroom. You combine the vulnerability part with the invasion of space and privacy and you get creeped out not just knowing it is there now, but that it has probably been there before, watching you.
"The big brain am winning! I am the greetest! Mwa-ha-ha-ha! I must now leave Earth for no raisin! " -Chief Big Brain of Futurama

#7 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

I have to agree with the whole bathroom thing. To imagine waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, you're half asleep and there's an image standing there. I got chills thinking about it.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users