Warehouse 13

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

Anyone see this show? I saw my first one last night. Was not impressed. Reminded me a bit of the X-Files crossed with something else.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#2 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

I didn't mind it, I feel it has potential if they keep the story lines to a minimun. It reminded me of the movie "National Treasure" with a bit of Indy Jones tossed in. In fact the "Crystal Skulls" Indy Jones movie also featured a warehouse of this type. I'll tune in next time to see if they vary on the subjects or if they rehash the pilot.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#3 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

I got to watch maybe half an hour of the series....it was the premier last night so it was everyone's first time seeing it :whee: I enjoyed what I watched of it.

It reminds me a bit of the old Friday 13th, The Series where they track down mystical items. I hope to get to see more of it next week.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

I haven't missed an episode yet. I have been liking the story ideas thus far.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#5 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

I really have to look into this show.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#6 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:15 PM

I really have to look into this show.

They've been interesting episodes so far. You can also go to syfy.com to see the earlier episodes. This weeks ep was not the best but was kinda good.

#7 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:20 AM

I haven't missed an episode either, Axman. I find the story idea unique and all of the objects and their owners that must be captured are non-mainstream, with the exception of the guillotine blade which removed Marie Antoinette's head from her body. Of course that wasn't the focus of that particular episode either. And I like the fact that they lead you to believe that everything is on-going even when we're not watching. I love this show and have recommended it to many people.

It's also available for viewing on hulu.com.

Posted Image

#8 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:09 PM

i've really been enjoying this show as well! i was curious to see what they would end up doing down the road b/c i could see it getting a little boring and tiring if it's the same thing each week (just them looking for artifacts) but now w/ other plot lines coming together (an old friend comes back to get Artie) it's looking to be a very interesting and good season!!

#9 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Yep, I'm finding it hard to miss an episode. I do like the running side plots. So far I'm a big fan!

#10 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

Its gotton better for me.. I have caught a few more episodes..better than the first.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#11 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:33 PM

Its gotton better for me.. I have caught a few more episodes..better than the first.

Yes, when the pilot aired I thought it was a little short coming but now that I think of it, it did exactly what it should have done, set the stage. The pilot gave just enough information to get get the series rolling without being too "frilly". The frills came about in following episodes.

#12 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

Hey everybody..... I think the show is heading in the right direction.... I was hoping it wouldn't be as corny as it has turned out at times, but all in all, I think it it is a little different ..... maybe a tad Dr. Whoish.... maybe a cult clssic in the making? :hug2:
peace...
Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#13 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:18 PM

Well, I'm enjoying the show, although to me it's Friday the 13th The Series crossed with the warehouse that you saw in the X-Files (or the Indiana Jones movies). I have to say I like it better than Sanctuary (which is Warehouse 13 but they catch monsters instead of artifacts). I think the warehouse characters are better and the overall story is a little more compelling, even though it's a lighter fare, not so dark.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#14 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:24 PM

Yes, I think it does borrow from other series ideas in the past. They seem to make it work quite well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users