Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Ghost Image from Devil's Den at Gettysburg?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:05 PM

whatcha mean dave? or are you talking bout the indian wars? ive heard that at triangle field that way before
that was taken place that the indians fought there to.is that what you mean?
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#17 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:36 PM

whatcha mean dave? or are you talking bout the indian wars? ive heard that at triangle field that way before
that was taken place that the indians fought there to.is that what you mean?

The French and Indian war was fought on this land back in 1758. Just remember Triangler field is in the back yard of Devils Den. The French contolled most of this region, so they say. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#18 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:13 PM

Posted Image

i have lightened the photo a bit - you can it see the figure much better now
Posted Image

#19 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:45 AM

Maybe just one thought on this pic. Some are saying that the outfit does not match the civil war era. Why does it have to be from that era? You have to remember that there are probably hundreds of lost soles that are covering that area. I think that other spirits from diffrent aras also come to that area. Kinda like one big meeting place. Morley Music hall is one example. If you have many, many more will come and visit. This app could of came from somewhere else. They do what they want. I once heard an evp that this spirit told Julie and myself that "They come and go at will". Maybe this is a real apparition or maybe it is someone dressed up in some funky costume. Obstical illusion? NO. This thing has a head, hair, facial features, shoulders, torso, and seems to be walking away from everyone. I think it is an interesting photo. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#20 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

I don't believe that this is an optical illusion either. The question that your making is based on the hat. Now if in fact this was a soldier from the civil war you have to remember that it was the confederate army from Texas who was based at Devils Den when the fighting erupted. I will do some searching and see what I can find out, I do have some books based on Devil's Den and I can put up more here in a bit. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#21 rogerfl

rogerfl

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:demons

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:36 AM

looks way too much like a real person, and its not clear, nor close enough to determine what it is

^attack of the black skull avatars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all have to remember that there were 2 wars fought on this land. Not just one! No other commet on this photo. Dave

neither the indian nor the french uniform matches this guy.

nor do the confederate and union uniforms! it is closest to a confederate with the grey.
Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -Socrates-The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates-

#22 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:34 AM

Roger...go back and check your history books, I'll post pictures up shorly for you of different types of uniforms and hats. I'm exactly sure what era, but I am bound to get to the bottom of this shortly. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#23 civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Interests:making my crafts,love anything that has to do with american history.but mostly civil war.love to read ghost books.go to civil war battlefields.those are haunted to.so i get the history with the ghosts.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:51 AM

you tell him julie.i saw a pic of you with your daughter.looks like your walking outside and you have a blue coat on.your a tan girl.unlike me im pale as a ghost....sorry bad pun in a ghost forum. :wave:
when sliding down the bannister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way...an irish blessing.......may those that love us, love us, as for those that dont love us, may God turn their hearts.and if God cant turn their hearts, may God turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limp.

#24 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:52 AM

yeah probably not an optical illusion. I looked at this quickly the first time and didn't really get into it enough before commenting. Something I never do. I can't varify the validity though, a public place with people around makes the setting very uncontrolled and impossible to say what it is for me.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 rogerfl

rogerfl

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:demons

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

Roger...go back and check your history books, I'll post pictures up shorly for you of different types of uniforms and hats. I'm exactly sure what era, but I am bound to get to the bottom of this shortly. Julie

Kk
Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -Socrates-The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates-

#26 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:17 PM

yeah probably not an optical illusion. I looked at this quickly the first time and didn't really get into it enough before commenting. Something I never do. I can't varify the validity though, a public place with people around makes the setting very uncontrolled and impossible to say what it is for me.

I totally agree with you on this one. Spirit? A living person? That is why I like doing this for a profession! Dave

#27 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:58 PM

:clap: :( :( :Wall: Man!!!! I had a whole page written out, I went to look something else up and lost it all!!!! :Wall: :Wall: :Wall:

Here's some food for thought from what I was writing and what I went to look up! I knew I'd seen the hat somewhere it is a civil war hat.

This is take from Mark Nesbitts book Ghosts of Gettysburg

In Jack McLaughlin's book, Gettysburg : THE LONG ENCAMPMENT, published the year of the 100th anniversary of the battle, there is a photograph taken from Devil's Den by Gettyburg Photographer Walt Lane. It shows the rock-strewn west slope of Little Round Top. The people who view the black and white poto are split half and half as to whether they see, outlined to perfection, the ghostly image of the face of a soldier wearing a Civil War-style kepi.

I will try and post the Kepi, and I have info on the Indians along with burial mounds in Devils Den.... :Wall: That's what I accidently deleted, I will repost that tomorrow, my fingers are tired!!!
P.S. Yep, Civilwarbuff, I work hard on that tan 4 days a week 20 minutes relaxing in a bed....it's a great workout!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:51 PM

I dunno.....of course we don't know if the photo is valid or not. As always, it could be a fake. But if this was a picture I took, it would go on my website (still working on that..... :) ) and it would be titled: "Ghost". I definately don't think that it's an optical illusion or matrixing though. Uniform specifics aside, we at least have to agree that it's a human figure! :hug:

#29 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:06 AM

yep an actual spirit or a living person, good trick on the eyes! The lady has her email addy up on coast to coast under that picture, I'm going to try and send her an email about her picture and see if I can get some more information, heck I'll see if I can get her on this site (*yeah right, but I'll try). I still do have more history to post on Devil's Den, but I have to get my 3 girlies ready for school and I have a doctor's appt. with my back! UGH! Hope to be back to work tomorrow! Anyways, I am absolutely fascinated with Gettsyburg and civil war history. I'll post more soon! Julie

#30 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:28 PM

As much as I would like to say that this was genuine, I honestly can't. Now, I don't beleive it to be an optical illusion, rather, i beleive it to be an actual person (probably a kid)...because, if you look at the group that is taking the tour, you will see children...I think that one of them sort of hang back from the rest, or went to look at something...so....but, that's my 02 cents on the issue...
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users