Spiritual atheists

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 07 October 2009 - 04:56 AM

Could be very true, but I'm sure most of the adherents to this have been private and come to a conclusions by themselves. Now a days, this faith path is organized so some degree and they can fall back on science for an astounding lack of evidence.

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#32 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 18 October 2009 - 12:20 AM

:) :ghost: I too became an avowed atheist when I was child. I was 6 and sat in church on Easter Sunday and realized that if the Easter Bunny was a lie. so was Jesus raising from the dead along with Noah's Arks and the earth was creating with the creation of the earth in just 7 days. If one was a lie then all were lies. But I do belief in ghost but not demons that can be exorcised by religious means. Demons from my experienced are spirits that have never been humans or lead by an angels. They are just nasty spirits. phantoms if you will.
It is a fact that the majority of the worlds worlds population does not not believe in the fact that Jesus was not the son of God nor a God as we know him.This makes them atheists but most believe in spirits. of one type or another.

Sharon

#33 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

It is a fact that the majority of the worlds worlds population does not not believe in the fact that Jesus was not the son of God nor a God as we know him.This makes them atheists but most believe in spirits. of one type or another.

The basis of atheism is that you do not believe in a god or gods. Just because people may not believe that Jesus was a divine being, they are not by definition atheists.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#34 greg_dragonlvr

greg_dragonlvr

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Camping, wilderness adventures, ancient engineering, modern physics and electronics, martial arts and native cultures.

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

A spiritual atheist embraces the existence of a non-physical side of life, as opposed to the rational atheist. As a spirit within the physical body really serves no useful function in evolutionary theory, what would be the point? And what would be the source?

Can't Fall Off the Floor

#35 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

A spiritual atheist embraces the existence of a non-physical side of life, as opposed to the rational atheist. As a spirit within the physical body really serves no useful function in evolutionary theory, what would be the point? And what would be the source?

I feel pretty rational, as well as spiritual. How can you define an atheist who doesn't believe in the non-physical as rational? It implies that you believe that the beliefe in the non-physical isn't rational.

Some would say that our spirits are born in a body to have the physical experience of seeing with eyes and touching and tasting. You can't taste without a body, can you, because you have no taste buds? I've read spirit release books that state that spirits that had addictions in life will hang around places like bars, where the living addicted hang out. When the living get strung out, their psychic defenses are down and the spirits can jump in and go along for the ride. The cravings from the spirits can actually increase the need in the living person.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users