Weird Pregnancy Dreams

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mystica

Mystica

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I am soon to be 34, and I found out about a month ago or so that I am a pregnant. Ever since I found out, I have been having dreams about my beloved dead grandmother. She passed away in 2006, and in all that time, I probably only had 3 dreams about her. Since I've found out 3 weeks ago that I'm pregnant, I have had about 5 dreams with her in them. Sometimes I realize in my dream that she is dead, and it is very weird for me, and other times, in my dreams, it's like she never died. The only thing is that she never speaks in the dreams. In one in particular, she was sleeping, in others she just smiles and nods, and then the dream is over, as soon as it started. I thought maybe she was trying to tell me that she knows about the pregnancy and is happy that I am FINALLY having a baby. My husband is the more grounded of us, and thinks that it's probably just because I miss her alot, and wish I could tell her I'm pregnant. I'll wake up sad sometimes, when I realize that it was a dream and that she is in fact gone. Other times I just wake up confused. It is making her death seem as though it happened recently, instead of almost 7 years ago. It's messing with my emotions alot! I have heard that pregnancy hormones cause weird dreams sometimes, I guess I'm just curious to hear others' thoughts. So... thoughts anyone?

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

How do you feel about reincarnation? I wonder your grandmother is trying to tell you that she's coming back as your child.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 Mystica

Mystica

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hhhhmmm, that's something I did not think of at all, I suppose it's a theory, interesting.

#4 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

I don't know if, or how I think reincarnation works, but it was the first thing that came to my mind. BUT then, there are ordinary dreams, and then there are these dreams that are so real we feel that we are really there visiting with our grandmother. I've had a few of those and think it was a gentle visit with her. Even though I do believe in an after-life, if Gramma were to suddenly appear in my room I'd probably have a heart attack!
Relax, whatever it means. :)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users