Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

If Ghost exist how come nobody can prove it?

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#76 RON3002

RON3002

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

the paranormal is like religion there will always be someone who will be skeptical.
RON

#77 Oiche

Oiche

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Interests:way too many to mention, but to paraphrase:<br />Animals<br />Photography<br />Literature<br />writing<br />Paranormal research<br />Psychology<br />Sociology<br />Anthropology<br />Travel<br />Yoga<br />Cooking

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:16 AM

Sad but true, even irrefutable evidence can be suspect if the person just chooses not to accept
Posted ImageThank you for not feeding the trolls

#78 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

The problem is that there are no available tool in today's science to measure the "personal" factor. Both on our side as well as the other side.

Edited by MoonChild, 12 September 2010 - 12:17 PM.

Posted Image

#79 stevenedel

stevenedel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

The problem is that there are no available tool in today's science to measure the "personal" factor. Both on our side as well as the other side.

I wonder what makes you say that? Psychology has ample tools to chart people's personalities and character. Thats how we know, for instance, that paranormal believers in general are more suggestible and more creative than non-believers.

They are also more inclined than non-believers to ignore the possibility of fraud..

Edited by stevenedel, 17 September 2010 - 08:19 AM.

Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. (Carl Sagan)

#80 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:12 AM

I wonder what makes you say that? Psychology has ample tools to chart people's personalities and character. Thats how we know, for instance, that paranormal believers in general are more suggestible and more creative than non-believers.

They are also more inclined than non-believers to ignore the possibility of fraud..

What makes me say that? hmmmmmmmm. If everything could be explained based on what you have mentioned above, then we won't have a "paranormal' in todays world it could all be explained, but that is not the case. We have to acknowledge that there are things unexplained, and those are not explainable within the framework of today's science as we know it. I hope I made myself clear. Or should I believe that we humans have reached a point where we know everything and we are all knowing (or all disproving as the case maybe)? Ironically my level of awareness does not allow me to.
Posted Image

#81 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

Might the paranormal exist only because science has not asked the right questions yet?

If so a time may eventually come when the paranormal becomes the normal. Consider that 100 years ago electricity was considered paranormal by some and the utility companies actually had to conduct a marketing program to convince a few unenlightened that it was not a "work of the devil."

#82 EveningMist

EveningMist

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

There is proof--but the problem is that there is a lack of belief. I read your post about physical explanations for phenomena, and although there is validity in some of your arguments, how do you explain things such as images appearing on surveillance cameras when it's known that there was no one around to create them or voices on recording devices that have no other explanation? They don't have the same criterion as a physical body does, they just record what they are exposed to.

We are composed of two basic components, the body and the energy that the spirit is composed of. If that were not so, bodies would not need the spirit to function as the complete being--and that doesn't happen. Bodies can be rescustitated, but then they're in a vegatative state--the personality that inhabited them is gone. The fact that medical teams can keep a body going to preserve organs for transplant when the individual is known to be gone is proof of that.

I agree that there are a lot of false "sightings" and other things, but there are a certain percentage of events that simply have no other reason for happening; and unless a new field of science can disprove them, skeptics will just have to realize that there are "other" things out there! :)

#83 boatlesspirate

boatlesspirate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:27 PM

Millions of people believe ghost exist but nobody can prove it.
There is not even enough evidence to win n a court of law.

Science is spending millions of tax payer dollars to prove the "God Particle" exists and no one has seen it. I agree with caverat. It's only a matter of time.
"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" Sherlock Holmes-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

#84 AbbyStar

AbbyStar

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

how come you dont think they exist I think is a much more interesting question- beacuse theres no scientific evidence?- but there is evidence, not always strong but there is some, there is auto and footage evidence- of course a lot of time people think its a hoax. I think if you really want to think ghost arent real maybe you should confirm it by going to haunted places, not just one, but several and see if there was paranormal activity- if not- than your right.

#85 kskattebo

kskattebo

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

Abby remember though there are skeptics and non believers always will be no matter how much proof anyone has, and that is their rite just like for those that do believe that's our right. In reality there is no right from wrong on this matter. Because those of us that do believe ghosts are real, and for those that don't believe ghost don't exist. It's kind of like ying and yang one can't exist without the other.
Kevin SkatteboRemember remember the 5th of November the gun powder treason and plot, I know of no reason why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot.

#86 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

how come you dont think they exist I think is a much more interesting question- beacuse theres no scientific evidence?- but there is evidence, not always strong but there is some, there is auto and footage evidence- of course a lot of time people think its a hoax. I think if you really want to think ghost arent real maybe you should confirm it by going to haunted places, not just one, but several and see if there was paranormal activity- if not- than your right.

One of the biggest obsticle is the quality of much of the evidence available. As long as we have noise captured on cheap recorders that cannot be validated we won't have a strong case. That is why I am so opposed to this type of weak evidence. It tends to pull down the strong evidence when it does come along. The cynic lumps it all together and as a result our case becomes weaker.

As far as going to a location, keep in mind that it is always impossible to prove a negative. For instance if the cynic visited the most haunted location ever and saw nothing does that prove there is nothing there? Or does it simply mean that whatever is there has chosen not to appear at that particular time? However if the investigator does encounter something and gets irrefutable evidence, case closed. It would prove the existence of a ghost. Thus it will always fall to the believer to make the case for the ghost. The debunker can only be silenced by a level of evidence he is unable to disprove.

#87 APPORT

APPORT

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:07 AM

Science evolves as everything does. Currently we as a people are not scientifically capable of proving the phenomenon 100% in every way. This is not to say that the phenomenon do not exist - we simply do not have a means of understanding all of the parameters as to the phenomenon's nature to successfully document & prove what is happening.

After 15 years of documenting video & EVP I still couldn't tell you what it is I am recording - just that it's there.

As others have suggested, and I suggest it time and time again myself, if you have any doubt that these phenomenon exist, just go out and look for it.

It's pretty preposterous for anyone to believe that just because we as a people do not yet have a complete 100% understanding as to what is happening with these phenomenon that the phenomenon do not exist.

I can think of just a few scientific breakthroughs that required time & technology to prove to the people who swore up and down that the following couldn't be true, until it was then, um, proven - it just takes time:

- the world is round
- the earth revolves around the sun
- germs & bactieria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users