Ghost keep touching my touch lamp.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:09 AM

My touch lamp keeps coming on all by itself sometimes . :clap:

The other day for example i was setting in my easy chair with my eyes closed and for no reason the light came on to full brightness this would normally take 3 touches to do that ; it varies at times as to what speed they can choose from , it comes on low and mid and high.

SeekX
:P

I have touch lamps in my bedroom that used to turn on full blast by themselves. They were plugged into an extension cord behind my bed and if you sat on the bed they could turn on. If you touched the cord to the lamp they would turn on. I plugged them into a strip outlet instead and haven't had that happen again.(unless my dog decides to sniff them, lol.) Those things are "touchy" for sure!

ali

#17 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

My touch lamp keeps coming on all by itself sometimes . :clap:

The other day for example i was setting in my easy chair with my eyes closed and for no reason the light came on to full brightness this would normally take 3 touches to do that ; it varies at times as to what speed they can choose from , it comes on low and mid and high.

SeekX
:P

You may wish to explore the possibility of PK...psychokinesis. Two points you brought up were that the events with the touch lamp took place during times of high emotions for you. Also the fact that it took place during a time when you were relaxed or in a lessened mental state.

During a time when our conscious mind is relaxed our subconscious mind increases in activity. Psychokinesis occurs when objects are affected by our subconscious mind. Telekinesis is intentionally and actively using our conscious mind to attempt to affect an object. A touch lamp can be more sensitive to external stimuli than a standard switch which must be physically moved.

Do you have another touch lamp you could substitute? Have you noticed any other objects being manipulated?
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#18 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:24 AM

Yes spirit can affect lights and touchlamps. I have witnessed this. They can make the touchlamp pulsate and I have also seen a spirit make one go off and one and through the whole sequence. Well actually I didnt see that but my husband did who woke me at 5am on christmas day with it doing it. At the time there was a spirit in my house who was also knocking and doing other stuff.

Also bear in mind that touch lamps are very sensitive and they will often be affected by fluctuations in power which can make them go on and off. I have seen them turn on when you switch another light on in the same room Just the surge is enough to make them go on.

#19 deejs

deejs

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:46 AM

Yes spirit can affect lights and touchlamps. I have witnessed this. They can make the touchlamp pulsate and I have also seen a spirit make one go off and one and through the whole sequence. Well actually I didnt see that but my husband did who woke me at 5am on christmas day with it doing it. At the time there was a spirit in my house who was also knocking and doing other stuff.

Also bear in mind that touch lamps are very sensitive and they will often be affected by fluctuations in power which can make them go on and off. I have seen them turn on when you switch another light on in the same room Just the surge is enough to make them go on.

Hi just joined here, and i thought i should let you know i had a touchlamp for a few years.
A friend of ours used to think it was funny to drive past our place, and park across the road,
and talk on his 27 meg radio,
it seems that the radios are on just the right frequency, or put out enough power, that these particular radios can turn the lamps on/off and all settings in between, had me going for a while till i caught them at it one night. Laughing thier heads off across the road in thier car, with my bedroom light going on and off like a bulb on a christmas tree. The radios also tend to interfere with tv and the like, it seems. :)

#20 Guest_Rinyotsu_*

Guest_Rinyotsu_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:00 PM

My touch lamp keeps coming on all by itself sometimes . :)

SeekX
:headbang:

I have had this happen to me, but I found the cause. Do you have any of those electric lightning lamps (you touch it and the lightning follows your fingers) this has some effect on touch lamps and makes then go crazy, I had video of it once but the problem was that I had no way of getting it on my computer.

No i do not but that is really very good thinking , i will tell you what though that sure does sound like it would be a great video , maybe a friend can help you , it would be very nice to see that,

I do however have a lot of sound equipment mixers , multitracks , amplifiers , effect units and junk like that , could be from an interference but it happens usually when i am doing nothing.

SeekX

My friend said he has a digital video camera, we were going to use it to film a diet coke and mentos thing in the pool parking lot on the last day of swim team (we have asked and so far it is a maybe) But I can ask if he can bring it over someday.

Great Idea , i for one would love to see your video and you are a good thinker.

SeekX :)

To be honest, I totally forgot about this post for a long time. My friend and I were allowed to do the diet coke and mentoes video. It was only a 60 second video but it seemed the video was quite choppy.
That's the bad news, the good news is I recently, well, a few months back, discovered that my digital camera has a video recording part of it. It can only record 30 seconds tops but that is more than enough time to show you the effect of the lighting lamp on the touch lamp. Although I am going to wait until we get the desktop hooked up, it has been fixed and it ready to go to work with movie making, and much more. I will get the video up ASAP.

#21 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:47 PM

we had 2 of these and they do go off and on by themselves, nothing paranormal, a slight little breeze, a fly, etc can set them off. and their wiring is not quite like regular lamps, makes them go off also.
Posted Image

#22 greg76

greg76

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:46 AM

This seems an outdated topic seeing as though the last posts were in 2007 ,however i receieved an old copperart (home art) touch lamp from my grandmothers belongings when she passed away in 2010 ,it worked fine for a few days then at odd times it began turning on and off and switching between brightness settings by itself ,when it switched off ,seemingly by itself, it would not turn on again by my touch and would only turn on again by its own accord and only then could i change its setting by my touch ,strangely enough these were times that ,at her hostel, were the regular times she would take a nap during the afternoon and also go to bed at night ,i also on reflection of other posts could accept the possibility of faulty wiring or older style sensitive equipment that reacts to a mouse farting however 4 years after i put this touch lamp in the garbage i receieved another (identical) lamp that my new partners parents picked up from an opportunity shop in the country ,they gave it to us ,and to my surprise, although in hindsight i wasn't actually surprised at all ,it reacted exactly as the one i put in the rubbish switching on and off at exactly the same times as my grandmothers ,if this is coincidence then ........

#23 Mr. BC

Mr. BC

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

I have had a touch lamp for several years and it is plugged directly into a wall outlet. It is not around any other electrical equipment and has/had worked fine, at least until relatives passed. It would turn on at random times unexpectedly. For example, when my father passed on Thanksgiving, my sister and friends who do “ghost hunting” stopped by in December and set up infrared cameras at my place. While they were here- one friend even witnessed the lamp turn on all three brightness levels. He took many pix of the area. I inspected the equipment and even helped capture avi files of strange orbs in different places of the house. These float and are not ordinary lights. The curtains were closed and no light was able to get into the areas. One relative said that one orb even resembled a face. I traced routes with a laser and tried to explain the orbs, but unable. They passed glass, brass, etc., and did not give a reflection. To this day I am stumped. I would post videos but they are too large and I do not want to create a FTP location. The touch lamp has not acted up since then and has worked fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users