• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:27 AM

Ok, well, where do I start? I guess about two weeks ago, we started hearing some strange noises around the house...now these are normal for me, but not for my family...anyway, I guess I'll get right down to it. My mom was awakened by a loud crash and got up to investigate, we were all in bed asleep, of course. She couldn't find a cause for the crash so she went back to her bed. After about a minute of lying in bed, she looked up towards the door and saw a shadow man standing there. She stared at him for a little while then buried her face into her pillow.

Later on, I asked her a few questions about it. Apparently, the shadow was about six feet tall and she said it looked like he was wearing a hat, and I knew this was just a typical shadow ghost. I asked her if she felt anything while she was looking at him, like happiness or anger....and she told me, looking at him made her scared ****less...........I joked around with her about him being a demon and trying to steal her soul...she, of course, couldnt take a joke and asked why would he want my soul? And being the smart*** I am, I told her, to sell it on Ebay to buy more hats...and now shes mad at me...and scared!!

Now, seriously, does this not sound just like a basic shadow ghost to you? or not?...another thing I wanted to know, do shadow ghosts "haunt" a house like a normal ghost does, or can they just come through once and never come back? thats something Ive never been sure of........thanks for reading....

#2 spelling

spelling

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:46 AM

sounds like it could be a shadow person to me, just my opinion.

#3 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:43 AM

Sounds like a shadow person to me, too. There's a lot of discussion and debate as to whether or not these "shadow people" are ghosts or another entity (I personally think they are ghosts). There's also a lot of discussion as to whether they are "haunters" or just "visitors" also. I've read and heard about ones with hats before, I've also heard of them wearing cloaks, too. As for ghost vs. entity, some believe that they are ghosts manifested but not wanting to give away their identity where others believe they are demons. I'm still with ghosts on this one. But who knows? Maybe they are demons.
My fiancee and I stayed in a B&B last summer. To condense the story, the fifth time she woke up (it was a hot summer night and she couldn't sleep) she lay on her back staring at the ceiling for awhile. The blind was up and the window was open and she was familiar with everthing that was in the room. When she rolled over to go back to sleep, there was a shadow thing next to the bed. She said that it sort of resembled Cousin It from the "Addam's Family". It scared the hell out of her. I was dead to the world and didn't wake up.
We knew nothing about a haunting when we checked in. The next morning the owner told us the stories of the house. Six months back, another guest awoke to find a little girl in her room. The running joke with us is that it first came around to my side of the bed, and since I'm such a sound sleeper, it gave up and went over to stare at Alison! :ghost: :ghost: :lol:

#4 lulaboo

lulaboo

Beware of her lil' redneck girl rage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts
  • Interests:too many to list

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:05 PM

Does sound like one of the usual Wraith sightings to me. I think I've read that the ones wearing hats are more around to observe. :lol:
Is it Peeps season yet?Gallon of citronella oil--$5.95Having said oil blessed by local Catholic priest--FreeThe look on a psychic vampires face after you douse it with blessed oil and call it a psychic mosquito--Priceless!!!There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 01:38 PM

oh yeah, I immediately knew what it was when she told me... I just wasn't sure if that was gonna be the last time we see him. I don't believe they are demons, people usually think that because they are black.

#6 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:15 PM

I've hade these shadow people in my room numerous times. I've gotten so used to them that I've just started kinda ignoring them when I notice 'em and go back to sleep. They don't seem to mind all that much. :hug: So far, anyway.

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGagzEKCoPLbla5DdimF62A

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#7 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

That's very interesting. Maybe they are just observers? Sometimes I wonder if theses shadow ghosts are around to collect all of the other ghosts; the ones that are lost, etc. Or maybe they're just regular ghosts one don't want to manifest all of themselves so that we don't know their identities.
Maybe we'll find the answer to this someday. :hug:

#8 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:45 PM

hah, maybe the law enforcers of the other side... or like guides to others?...like grim said. Oh well, who knows, I don't care if he stays in our house, I know he's not evil...

#9 twinklestar

twinklestar

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:holistic therapies, spooky stuff, reading, cinema

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:35 AM

i live in england and have been aware of spirits for ever and have not come across in any way these shadow people. ive seen spirits, ellementals, aliens, nasty type spirits, weird animal /human things but never a shadow person. so im wondering if its just were all you are and its a term of speach that you use in the usa.
reading through some of the posts there is the american terms that are weird sounding to me being english, the way you word things. ive not even found shadow people in all the books ive read either. it would be interesting to see one of these now, im curiuos.

#10 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:43 AM

Twinkle, I've read of accounts of "shadow people" all over the world. I think the name is new (shadow people), but they are the ones that are described as being a human-like 3-d shadow. I do believe another name for them would be "wraiths".

Bonedaddy, you should try to communicate with this shadow person if you think it's still around. Maybe if you try to interact with it, it'll try to interact with you if it does possess some sort of intelligence.

:cheerleader:

#11 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:12 PM

The name "Shadow People" IS a new term and the encounters seem to be growing. In the majority of encounters I have read, they are usually seen at the foot of your bed, or in the room watching you while you sleep. They are VERY quick and easily run through walls. And, the best part of all, they wear hats!!

After thinking about this for a while, I have a question to ask you guys. Do you ever see the black figures in the corners of your eyes or when you look up and see them, then turn away quickly, and turn back and theyre gone?(sorry that was the best way I could explain it.)...anyway...Do you think they are connected? Or do you guys even experience that or am I just crazy?

And that would be so great to communicate with it....sorry, him! But, I'm not sure he's still in the house, shadow people apparently don't haunt houses... But, maybe I can still reach him. Ill wait one day when Im alone and try using the board, and yes, I know all the safety precautions dont worry.......and....I guess I'll tell you what I get!!

#12 Di-Manes

Di-Manes

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:53 PM

Unfortunatly people often mistake ghosts and waking dreams.

i'm not saying any of your stories are invalid, but being a dreamreader i've looked into alot of night phenomena and often times "old hag syndrom" and Waking Dreams are mistaken for ghosts. I know a fair amount about waking dreams having had them all my life, seen some terrible things, and it's often hard to decide whats a spirit and whats a dream.

#13 LBinPA

LBinPA

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:34 AM

Hi Everybody...
I'm new to this stuff and have never seen a shadow figure or otherwise, although I am very intrigued by the notion.

I just have to ask this question, though:
What's with the hat? Or is it some aspect of its visual appearance that makes it look like a hat? Or are they just truly fashion mavens and they're coming in at night to ask us, "Does this make me look fat?" :weeee:

#14 Johnny

Johnny

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

Unfortunatly people often mistake ghosts and waking dreams.

i'm not saying any of your stories are invalid, but being a dreamreader i've looked into alot of night phenomena and often times "old hag syndrom" and Waking Dreams are mistaken for ghosts. I know a fair amount about waking dreams having had them all my life, seen some terrible things, and it's often hard to decide whats a spirit and whats a dream.

Hello Di-Manes,

Welcome to ghostvillage. I know what you mean I never saw a ghost before. but I know alot about spirits!!!. After what happened on 3/8/06 at 6:24am. Go to webshots.com ( coolnicky ) I wanted to share my experience so I upload my ouija session on google video ( ouija personal experience ) when you watch my video in the beginning look at the candle when I turn the lights off & listen carefully to the eerie sounds not the sounds of my slipper the other sounds & throught out my video at times. I soon as I grab the ouija board all of a sudden the winds starts blowing, & the candle starts to flicker you can hear eerie sounds that sends shivers down your spine!!!. Those eerie sounds that you hear at times especially in the beginning are from the spirit world!!!.

Take care see u.

Edited by Johnny, 17 April 2006 - 01:58 PM.

#15 Aireygrey

Aireygrey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:30 PM

Hi Everybody...
I'm new to this stuff and have never seen a shadow figure or otherwise, although I am very intrigued by the notion.

I just have to ask this question, though:
What's with the hat? Or is it some aspect of its visual appearance that makes it look like a hat? Or are they just truly fashion mavens and they're coming in at night to ask us, "Does this make me look fat?" :Spaz:

Apparently, they really do wear hats... according to eye-witnesses. I guess it just adds to their mystery and to keep us guess...after all, we are here talking about them now.

And Di-Manes, Do you mean that people mistake "waking dreams" with all spirits or just shadow people?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users