17 replies to this topic

#1 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

In the past I have had some of my things taken, cell phone (at least 3 or 4 times), my son's small toys. Small things and I was told that all you had to do was ask for them back nicely. I did this and each time they were taken I asked for them back, nicely. And they were returned pretty quickly. Now I have told whom ever it was not to take my cell any more or my son's toys. Seemed to have worked, since nothing has been missing, that I am aware of.

However I was wondering if anyone knew about things that were taken before in my life. I am missing 3 rings on 3 different times long before I was aware of paranormal -- at least to the extent that I do now. I know some one took them -- a ghost that is. I searched and searched the apartment I was living in 15 years ago. When they all went missing I was the only one home and I had placed the first ring next to me, I thought it had fallen on the floor and I searched and searched for it in the entire room and later the house. I gave up. It happened again maybe a few years later in the same apartment, I was the only one home when this happened too. Like the first one it happened in my bedroom and I searched and searched it coming up empty handed. The 3rd time was about 11 years ago, I was staying at my brother's house when he and his wife and my niece were in Germany for a month (I was dog and house sitting) I put my favorite ring down on the table then I went back to look for it it was gone. The dogs are not allowed in the house and the house-keeper had not been there. It seems likely that a ghost took all 3 rings. No I have no proof but where else could they go? 1 ring I understand but 3 of my rings all disapeered into thin air at 2 different locations? Doesn't quite add up. Back then I never heard or saw any thing unual -- nothing paranormal that I can think of. Just the missing rings. 2 I can live with out. 1 is a gift from my ex-in-laws and the 2nd one is my wedding band from my ex. The 3rd is my birth stone ring that I paid a lot of money for. I can live with out them all. I have for 15 years so it won't kill me not get them back.

What I am asking here if it was a ghost and I assuming it is, was, can I still ask for the things they took back after all this time??? Does any one know? Like I wrote I don't have to get them back, just wondering if I CAN. If its still possible.

Also is it always a family member that takes your things?

Thank you. :)

#2 thedragonwalker

thedragonwalker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Psychic abilities, empathic abilites, psychometry, Tarot.<br /><br />

Posted 30 October 2007 - 08:38 PM

Well heck. Would it hurt to try? Lol. I dunno if it would work, but it might well be worth a shot. You never know. It might just "turn up" at someone's place for them to give back to you.

Peaces.
"I Aim to Misbehave" - Capt. Malcom Reynolds, Serenity "A Witch is Always a Lady, Unless Circumstances Dictate Otherwise" - Eglantine Price, Bedknobs and Broomsticks

#3 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 30 October 2007 - 11:13 PM

In my personal experience, anything that's ever gone missing forever has been taken by someone who came into my home, lived here, or was batted away by a pet and ended up lodged under carpeting or something. For example, in the house I live in about 8 years ago I was pulling up carpeting and found a ring under the heater between the carpeting and the wall. It wasn't mine or my daughters, so it must have been one of the previous owners. I've unintentionally knocked things off my nightstand while dressing in the morning or getting ready for bed. It's so easy while taking a bathrobe or towel off to knock something away and not even notice.

I'm not saying that there isn't a possibility your missing rings weren't taken by ghosts; just thinking logically, where would they have taken them?

I lived in a beach cottage for two summers and sometimes items of clothing from the bedroom that were lying on the floor when I went to bed would end up in the kitchen the next morning. It was usually a sock or other very small item. What was strange about it was that there was a step up to get into the kitchen from the bedroom and one would have to have turned a couple of corners to get there. However, the objects were always lying there the next morning and I'd wonder, how did this sock get from the bedroom all the way to the kitchen? Oh, and we had no pets in that cottage.

Here's the strange part, the girl who lived in the downstairs cottage apartment said one night she woke up and a woman was hovering over her and looked like an Angel. She said she floated down, kissed her on the cheek and said good-bye. After that we found out a woman died in that house in the 1960s of a drug overdose.

Good luck finding your rings.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#4 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:31 AM

Actually I did try and ask them yesterday to return it to me. I still am waiting! LOL!!! It does not matter if they are never returned. I was just curious to know if it can be done after so much time has passed by!! :wub:

#5 Enigmatic Essence

Enigmatic Essence

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:24 PM

I don't think it's anything paranormal especially if you haven't experienced any activity other than the missing items. It's just a very common thing to somehow lose things -- mysteriously, just because something does seem a little out of the ordinary doesn't mean it's ghostly, ya know?

Over the last 15 years in my personal life I've lost things or misplaced things and I suppose I just forget where I put it and my mind thinks differently. It is awfully strange though.

B E L I E V E

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

#6 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:50 AM

Could be right! :wub:

#7 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:04 AM

Hi Elfay

This is more common than people think, providing all the natural explanations have been sought, it certainly could be poltergeist activity whereby personal belongings go missing for a length of time

Im sure it is nothing threatening, but its quite interesting that the majority of the time you get them back. Who knows where they go when they go missing, but certainly someone or something is playing games, try asking for something that you didnt own before like a small object and see if it appears.

Good Luck with this, would love to hear of any other experiences like this.

As I said before Im not ruling out it could be explained as something natural.

Mark :wub:

#8 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 11:15 AM

Hey Mark, you could be right. What's odd is that it happened 15 years ago before I was aware of paranormal. Maybe its not paranormal then again maybe it is! I did try to ask for the rings back, no response.

Then things that went missing resently, my cell phone in particular, was taken at least 3 or 4 times. The first time this happened it made me very upset, I searched and searched for it. I had it off or I would have called my self on my land-line phone! It went missing for about 15 to 20 mins. This was before I knew how to ask for it back. When I did get it back it was in the same area it was taken from. I know it was not there before since I looked and looked for it. The 2nd time it was taken I asked for it back nicely and it was returned pretty much imediatly. This is what I was told to do by an expert. She was right. Every time my cell is taken I ask for it back nicely and I thank them kindly for returning it. I have now since told whom ever my trickster friend is to not to take my cell or use it any more (I posted once how my ghostly friend used my cell to call my husband). I also told them not to take my son's toys and put them in odd places. Which they have done. ;)

I don't know where they take them to or really why. At times I feel as if I have a small puppy that takes and buries your things in the back yard! LOL!! :lol: When my stuff is taken. I have no dog or cat. Just an 8 year old boy. When my cell is taken he is in school so I can blame him!! Odd how it always happens when he is in school. Almost like whom ever it is does not want my son to get blamed.... That's why it believe it is a family member. Who else would care if he got blamed or not? Besides I think whom ever it is wants me to know its them and not my son. They want me to know that they are there. :lol:

I did have a rather odd thing happen to us last night, we were all out at the mall trick or treating and when we came home there was a leak in our bottle of distilled water in our laundry room -- that bottle sits on a shelf near the washer and has been there for months. It ruined the entire shelf and we had to toss some of the things on the shelf out since they got soaked and not ususable any longer. Was it done purposely or did a hole just get in the bottle? It was one of those 1 gallon jugs of distilled water that I use for the iron and other things. It was a slow leak so it did not get all over the laundry room just the shelf.

Practicle joker or just a leak by accident?? My husband thinks I punctured a hole in it earlier that day by accident. I never even touched the bottle! That darn ghost likes to get ME into trouble!!! The second time it tried doing that to me!! Darn thing!! :lol: First time it did not work, my husband was not mad at me, this time he wasn't angry but he was not happy about the shelf being ruined.

Edited by elfay, 01 November 2007 - 11:16 AM.

#9 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:51 PM

Hi again

Sounds to me as if you have a right pain in the ASSet spook !!

If time and money permitted I would also use a thermal imager to point at the item that has just been returned, if it shows as warm then it was either human or animal.

That way it will surely prove you are not nuts like the rest of us !!

But as I mentioned in my first reply, try asking for something that isnt yours (Within reason of course) a small object, like family members trinket or something

Its surely worth a try !

Mark :Wall:

#10 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:04 PM

Oh, golly. Here, too. Iíve had important items such as keys and medications go missing for no apparent reason. A lot of people do. At first, I always think Iím simply losing my mind and I usually do end up chalking missing items up to my own forgetfulness because I end up finding them in strange spots (my fault as I come into the house and just start dropping things willy nilly). Asking does seem to help, though. Items sometimes turn up after asking - and this might simply be a mind-over-matter issue or possibly a kindly spiritual hand helping out (I know my uncle seems to have saved my hide, more than once, when I ask him for help finding my keys or paperwork). In some rare cases, though, it may be a paranormal entity swiping them. In my mind, that is a possibility after all other possibilities are ruled out.

I recall one very clear time when a medication of mind went missing. I always kept it in one very specific spot so I wouldnít lose it and always have it right on hand. So, I asked for it to be put back. Lo and behold, it was put back in its rightful spot (that I had checked, thoroughly, several times before giving up and asking). I still cannot, for the life of me, explain that one. The house I lived in at the time was haunted so perhaps that case was paranormal. I donít know. All I know is that I nor anyone else moved that medication, it simply vanished and then suddenly re-appeared in its rightful spot later on. Very odd.

I also had another strange experience which I couldnít explain where my under-garments went missing (I heard that!). There wasnít the possibility of anyone taking them or my leaving them *ahem* anywhere. They just simply vanished. Iíve had other clothing go missing in the parallel universe also known as the dryer - but, those times were obvious. But, that particular time, they made it into the delicates bag and later on were gone. I still believe that there has to be an explanation for it.

My general thoughts on missing items mimic Kiraís in that I think pets (after considering our occasional forgetfulness) are the next most likely culprits. Parrots and other pet birds (of any size) are notorious for stealing jewelry - anything shiny, actually. I know a cat who steals cigarette lighters. My aunt and I were cleaning one day and found the catís stash of our cumulative cigarette lighters behind the couches. My dog, well, he steals paperwork, bills, etc. and likes to make a grab for my keys (heís too small, fortunately, to run off with them). Pets are absolutely notorious for running off with things and hiding them very, very well.

But, there are sometimes those occasional times when there doesnít seem to be an explanationÖ

My best,
Amanda

#11 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:17 PM

Last summer I had taken the advice of a few people to cleanse the home with sage, which I tried twice and did not work, later I was told it does not work on "nice" spirits -- lol! But any ways, the day after I did the cleansing I was home alone, my husband and son went to the movies and I stayed home, I was on the internet with my back turned to the sofa and after I was finished doing what ever it was I was doing online I got up and I noticed a small red object on the sofa, I thought that was weird since it was not there before, I went over to it and picked it up, it was my son's little red indian, you know one of those little plastic men that kids play with, any ways, when I picked it up it felt kind of greasy, which was odd, then I smelled it, it sort of smelled woody, like a smoky wood smell like from a fire place, we have a fire place but its gas burning and we have not used it in 3 years. When I went to touch it later on that day and smell it it was no longer greasy or smoky smelling. I asked my son later if he had been playing with that toy before he left, he told me no. Who took that toy and where in the world did they take it to?? And why??

Mark, I did try to ask for them to bring me some thing back that is not mine. Lets see.....

I also tried asking for the rings back....... I will let you all know!!!

We don't have pet. Not even a parrot. Not saying it is paranormal but its hard to explain certain things that do happen. The rings are probably missing not from paranormal, I just lost them. The other things that were taken then returned now I am sure its paranormal. There was no on but me in the room all the times my cell went missing. My son's toys go missing (not that either one of know they are missing) and end up in the oddest places, behind picture frames, up in the shelf in my son's closet. I remember one time my son lost his pen and I searched and searched for it then I asked for it back and I came back into my son's room and there it was on his bed!

#12 meanderer

meanderer

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Connecticut's CŰte Brune (I've never seen brown sea water before)

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

I dated a woman who wore many rings. And I didn't care for them, for reasons I won't mention here! I remember wishing she didn't have so many rings. One night, she took them off and put them on my night stand. In the morning, they were gone! We tore my place apart, looking for them, but they were gone. I've wondered about that, too...

Now, the rings are still gone...she's gone, and I'm wishing neither come back! So far, so good! :hug:

Edited by meanderer, 03 November 2007 - 06:07 PM.

Beannacht ort

#13 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

That is a wild story meanderer! I think there is some one out there who is on your side there and took all her rings knowing you did not like them!! lol!! Never been a big ring person before, just wear my wedding band now... :hug:

Out of curiousity what did she think happened to all those rings that she took off??

#14 meanderer

meanderer

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Location:Connecticut's CŰte Brune (I've never seen brown sea water before)

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

I'm not sure. I would have had to reach over her to get them, if I took them. Since I didn't, we thought maybe they'd been knocked off the nightstand. :hug: We tore apart the room (she wanted the rings, I wanted her to just shut up!), so we both had motivation to find the rings. I never heard about them after that, though. But I think she suspected me of having some part in their disappearance...

Beannacht ort

#15 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:07 PM

I'm not sure. I would have had to reach over her to get them, if I took them. Since I didn't, we thought maybe they'd been knocked off the nightstand. ;) We tore apart the room (she wanted the rings, I wanted her to just shut up!), so we both had motivation to find the rings. I never heard about them after that, though. But I think she suspected me of having some part in their disappearance...

Sounds like whom ever took those rings was trying to help out! :lol: The rings are gone and so is she! :weeee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users