A quick question

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 meesha

meesha

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:I love good movies, books, cooking and entertaining and playing in any way with my two boys. I love to scrapbook. I love volunteering at my childrens school. It is alot of fun to work with the kids.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

I have a question and couldn't find it covered anywhere. Why is it that ghosts seem to be more active at night? Or is it that they are not more active, just easier to see? I really want to get some good footage, but, at night I have a husband and two little guys down at the same end of the house as me. I can't seem to get any photos, just recordings. No video either. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to catch things during the day, do you need to have all lights off to do so? Thanks for any information!

#2 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

Don't have an answer - but another question . . . do you think ghosts really are more active at night, or it's just easier to experience them because other things are quieter and there are fewer things to see?

There have been photographs and video footage shot of ghosts in the day - not sure if any of it is legitimate, but it seems highly possible.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

Ghosts are not more "active" at night. It's just that we are so conditioned by culture, religion, Hollywood etc that night time is spooky-time. Ghosts and spirits are here all the time. All around everywhere.
autumnbelle brings up a good point about the quietness of night. That's when we quiet down too and begin to think of ghosts.Whirly Dude
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 AngelRose

AngelRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in the paranormal. Just not enough to go out and do any investigations. I think my past experiences might have frightened me away from looking for what might come next. I can read what others go threw and it seems exciting. But I just don't have it in me to get up and do any investigations. Pretty silly I know. But it's who I am. I'm a watcher not a doer. That's ok with me, I dont' mind it. I feel safe this way. lol

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

I believe that spirits are around all the time. Maybe because people are more relaxed and attentive in the night hours we are more prone to hearing or seeing them. During the day I feel we are so busy with our lives, we don't really see a whole lot of whats going on.
As I said, thats what I believe. I wish you luck.

Blessings
Posted Image

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

For waht it's worth, I do most of my EVP research in daytime. While the ambient noise level may at times be higher, visibility is also much better and any cause of a false positive is often easier to detect. This results in more credible data.

#6 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:01 PM

For waht it's worth, I do most of my EVP research in daytime. While the ambient noise level may at times be higher, visibility is also much better and any cause of a false positive is often easier to detect. This results in more credible data.

#7 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:08 PM

I saw something on TV the other night that explained that the veil between the two planes is thinnest between 2 AM and 4 AM and that is why communication is more apt to happen during that time. I don't know how true that is, but that's what the show said.

I tend to see them a lot during the evening after 8 PM and on through the night. I find communicating with angels tends to occur for me around midnight, but then again that is usually the time I am actively attempting to communicate with them.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#8 meesha

meesha

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:I love good movies, books, cooking and entertaining and playing in any way with my two boys. I love to scrapbook. I love volunteering at my childrens school. It is alot of fun to work with the kids.

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for so much great information everyone. Since I am new and still learning, it really helps to have all this. Thanks again!

#9 Pamayla

Pamayla

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:25 AM

Hi there,
I find that they are active day and night. Maybe people notice them at night because its so quiet and that odd noises would catch your notice maybe more so than in the day. Maybe they're not thrilled about people and consider night time a change to hang around "their" house without being bothered by us living people?

I don't know; just some thoughts.

Pam

#10 spiritworlduk1

spiritworlduk1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Clearance and Rescue

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

I have a question and couldn't find it covered anywhere. Why is it that ghosts seem to be more active at night? Or is it that they are not more active, just easier to see? I really want to get some good footage, but, at night I have a husband and two little guys down at the same end of the house as me. I can't seem to get any photos, just recordings. No video either. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to catch things during the day, do you need to have all lights off to do so? Thanks for any information!

I agree with many. The answer to your question is that everyone imagines it is a night time thing when quite truly spirits are around us all the time.
The reason we find it easier to think they are around at night is because we find that the surroundings are quieter. Most of us who are investigating find that like myself we use infra red and that is for night time so as it helps with seeing different objects that the naked eye does not at times see. I have experienced activity day and night so there is no set time for any spirit activity, they hold the key and they will soon let you know if they wish to be contacted.
Hope this is help to you.
Best regards
Alan
Regards fromwww.spiritworlduk.com

#11 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 25 July 2008 - 03:18 PM

I dont think it matters what time of day it is. Spirits are there 24/7 literally. I think the idea of night time being the best is that its that age old spookiness factor. Also I think because I senses are more heightened at night

Mark :clap:

#12 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

I feel that spirit activity can be felt at any time during the day or night but the activity is more detectable during the night times. I wouldn't doubt if the natural magnetic pull of the moon and earth has much to do with this. I also have heard that sunspot activity has a direct link with paranormal occurrences during the day. The jury's still out at this time.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#13 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:32 AM

I feel that spirit activity can be felt at any time during the day or night but the activity is more detectable during the night times. I wouldn't doubt if the natural magnetic pull of the moon and earth has much to do with this. I also have heard that sunspot activity has a direct link with paranormal occurrences during the day. The jury's still out at this time.

It would make an interesting study. One would have to consider though that lunar position changes over a 28 day cycle. there are times the moon is in the sky durring daylight as well. Thus the solar and lunar fields would at time be additive as well as subtractive 14 days later. This phenomena has been noted in tides where high and low tides reach higher and lower level extremes when the fields are additive. Sunspot activity also goes through 11 year cycles, right now we coming out of a solar minimum, where sunspots are few.

#14 Neko

Neko

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, Photography, Warhammer 40k, helping as much people as I can.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

I think that its partly because through the ages, people were led to believe that evil things lurk through the night etc.

It's very hard to undo that kind of deep rooted doctrine, i would almost say it has been around for so long, it became part of our DNA so to speak. The lack of human vision at night and the silence do play a large part. At night, things calm down, animals go off to sleep, people go home to do the same.

I believe a person's perception sharpens during the night to be on the look out for potential trouble, (predators in the early ages etc) because we gain an increased awareness we might be able to pick up sensory input from the "other realms" be it dimensions or afterlife.

This all doesn't even need to be on a conscious level.

So, spirits might be as active during the day as during the night, it's just our own disposition that varies.

My 2 cents.
Posted ImageDisclaimer; I will always try to give my honest and personal opinion, with no offence intended.

#15 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden) I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal. My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 30 July 2008 - 01:52 PM

From my experiences, it doesn't seem to matter.
In fact for me, most haunting's or paranormal experiences have happened during the day.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users