Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Creepiest Destinations>

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is the World's Creepiest Destination?

Which is the World's Creepiest Destination?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:14 AM

Though I had the creepiest experience of my life in New Orleans, I think sometimes the creepiest destinations are the unexpected places - the sudden strangeness on a dark country road, the eerieness of no longer feeling 'alone' in an old house . . . but those aren't things you can plan so well.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#62 teakeh

teakeh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:26 PM

Hope this is replying correctly
My first post in this site
New Orleans was my first otherworldly encounter and I wasn't even trying (August 2005!)
Take a skeptic there (I was)
Would love to go back but would probably be crushed by the destruction, like an old dear friend thats had a serious operation- you can't pretend everything is the same- you can't help much- and maybe when she's well enough for visitors I'll stop around for a quiet visit and tell her I Love her
Teakeh

#63 peepers

peepers

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:34 PM

... I think sometimes the creepiest destinations are the unexpected places - the sudden strangeness on a dark country road...

That is what happened to me the night I got lost looking for a frat party in Gainesville. Florida, where I was living at the time.... I had only felt like that several times before in my life.... pure FEAR encroached upon myself and another person as we drove around looking for the party or a way out of the wooded eerie countryside..... many of the dirt roads were unmarked or were no help....... my solar plexis began tying in knots because I could feel a heavy evil presence lurking, watching.... sure enough, it turned out to be the wooded area where murder Danny Rolling had chosen to camp out...... here's the link to the story.......

http://www.serialkil...nnyrolling.html

Edited by peepers, 29 October 2007 - 06:36 PM.

Yes.... I've gone behind the camera"s"..... as well as recording audio........ Love....Breed peace.....

#64 Jess521

Jess521

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:27 AM

Farm houses have got to be one of the most creepy destinations by far! There is just something about a large old house in the middle of a prairie field, and believe me I've been to a few. It's really interesting to think, wow who lived here and how long ago, etc.
JESS

#65 chestnut

chestnut

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

New Orleans does have a sort of "otherworldy" feel to it in certain areas, but it didn't feel creepy to me. Gettysburg just feels sad and oppressive. The Tower of London is usually so crowded that I haven't gotten a vibe one way or the other, but it certainly *looks* creepy. Salem also didn't feel creepy to me. Haven't been to the other places.

I agree with autumnbelle--lonely dark country roads creep me out. Or any road without lights at night that goes through wooded areas.

#66 spelling

spelling

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

I think the creepiest place is what you feel when you're there. No one can tell you what you feel when you're in a situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users