Problem with Friend Request

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

I've had at least one, maybe more than one, friend requests that I cannot get to to approve. When I am in the forums, I can see the alert, but when I go to Manage Friends, not one old friend from before the change can be found AND I cannot see any new friend requests. HELP!
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#2 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

Yep, she's THE GHOST....blame it ALL on her!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  • Interests:Scary things....

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Cryscat...are you able to edit your profile at all or change your location? Or do you get an error when you do that?

#3 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

I just tried to change my location and did that without any trouble. I still can't see any "old friends" or get to any friend requests. My profile just says that I haven't added any friends yet.

In the Manage Friends section, it says "No friends to display.' In Pending approval it say "no pending requests." But I know I saw new friend requests alert....so I don't know what is going on.

Edited by Cryscat, 13 June 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#4 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Messed around with my profile and was able to change both location and my photo without trouble, but still no friends!

#5 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hmmm..each day this keeps getting weirder and weirder. I'll do some digging around this weekend and see if I can come up with anything.

#6 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thanks Mrsspookypants!

#7 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

Ok, so the work around is for me to send friend requests and wait for the response. I now have one friend and that's how it happened. All my old friends are still missing.....and there is at least one other friend request that I still can't see....

#8 mrsspookypants

mrsspookypants

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

I went into the admin side hoping I might be able to resurrect your friends from there.....no luck.

Hopefully we will have this issue resolved soon.

#9 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for checking.... any way to get the missing friend request to appear? or should I just get rid of the "approve" function in my profile?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users