rogerfl

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:demons

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

bermuda triangle aint haunted
Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -Socrates-The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates-

#92 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:52 AM

Something measureable by science takes place in the "Bermuda Triangle", and almost certainly other locations as well. These scientific anomalies include clouds at sea level in dead straight lines. To be perfectly honest, I cannot remember if they show on radar and shouldn't, or the other way around, too many fine pharaceuticals.

I have had previous dealings with The Discovery Channel and was not impressed. They have a skeptic's bias, but often pretend differently in order to induce people to appear upon their programs. My advice is, if approached, do not bite.

The problem with studying the Triangle is not unlike a scientist waiting for a tornado in Nebraska. He/she knows that a lot of folks experience them here, but just try to be in the right place and time, and this is with the help of the National Weather Service, which has a tremendous amount of expensive equipment designed to locate these babies. This allows skeptics a plethora of opportunities to say, "See? Where's the weirdness?" Drive through Nebraska and count how many tornadoes you see. Unfortunately, if you find the tornado, space-warp etc. you may be in no wise able to report the experience later.

Interestingly enough, tornadoes produce anomalies themselves. Straws thrust into trees, etc are not so easily explained as is commonly believed, and other stranger phenomenae also occurs. My favorite is the large spreading tree with a tire fitted around it's middle. There is no known physical distortion which could fit the tire over the branches. Other objects have been found occupying the same space in the wake of tornadoes many without real explanations.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

#93 rogerfl

rogerfl

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:demons

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:01 AM

the bermuda triangle may be haunted by the people who died there but its not why these things happen. it is caused by many gas bubbles rising and making the water less dense and therefore causing boats and ships to sink. the airplanes are probaly caused to go haywire by a magnitic force that doesnt agree with the poles. :)
Death may be the greatest of all human blessings. -Socrates-The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. -Socrates-

#94 bedmit

bedmit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:03 PM

the bermuda triangle may be haunted by the people who died there but its not why these things happen. it is caused by many gas bubbles rising and making the water less dense and therefore causing boats and ships to sink. the airplanes are probaly caused to go haywire by a magnitic force that doesnt agree with the poles. :angry:

Playing the devil's advocate? Or just a skeptic? Either way, we don't know for sure why and how these things happen.

It could be because of gas bubbles, it could be because of an ancient Atlantian curse, it could be because of alien interference. For all we know, it could be because Bill Gates has a time machine, and has been collecting sea and aircraft throughout time.

:ghost:
While it is good to be proud of your heritage, it is better to have your heritage be proud of you. - unknownThis life, the next, or even the last? Who knows what we were, where we came from? What matters is where we are now and how we choose to live again. I've died once this life already, I don't plan on doing so again for many years to come.

#95 Markway

Markway

Can dowse the moon everytime that it's full!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Para normal activity of all kinds, but especially the why of where. Bad things happen everywhere, but why is THIS place haunted, charged, etc.? Intelligent exchange of ideas, sharing of experiences and and putting various talents to work on a single problem. High strangeness of all kinds.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:26 PM

When this sort of thing becomes confusing, I return to Fortean data. One piece of data, not collected by Charles Fort, interests me a lot. A few years back, corn waste fell from the sky along the latitude that grows corn in the SE Central portion of North America. The waste was outrageously oversized; corn husks 3' long, etc. Just what you'd expect and where, if corn had been genetically engineered to that size. It's also tornado country, (read, electrical phenomenonae) country.

I just have to see this as evidence of sister universes, and for periodic gateways in between.
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
This much let me avow---
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream:
Yet if hope has flown away In a night,
Or in a day, In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users