Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo
- - - - -

Focused Battery Drain--this ever happen to you?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 angrycelt

angrycelt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Besides the paranormal, my interests are reading, working out, video gaming (PC...not that console nonsense), and professional interest in my job.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

On a recent investigation, another investigator had his video camera battery go from 70% to 0% while we were standing on the same spot. Mine stayed at 100%.

I admit, I am relatively new to this, but it is still perplexing. Why just his battery and not mine?

To paint a better picture, we were in an indoor pool area where there has been reports of activity for years in a local hotel. Both of us were together on the lower pool deck, getting video to document the whole room. He was using a Hi8 video camera and I was using a Digital Camcorder.

This occurred while we were standing in almost the same spot and no activity happened that we noticed.

The only activity we noticed in the pool room at all was not until we reviewed the still pictures where a curtain is pulled aside from a bay window over looking the pool. I'm still not positive that is unexplainable, but I know that the only people in the hotel (not used in the off season) was my team of three and the hotel security personnel who was with us in the room. We were locked in the hotel for the night.

Anyway, I'm interested in your thoughts or ideas.
"There are two things that cannot be cured: death and the want of sense."old Irish proverb.

#2 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

I can discharge batteries by merely holding them in my hand. Awhile back i quit buying one-time use batteries and started buying rechargeables so that I would always have extras and could recharge them rather than keep buying new batteries. I have a digicam but as with all digicams I've owned I can only get 5 or 6 pics on a fully charged set of batteries.

I have also been known to blow out light bulbs and street lamps. I've burned out a number of modem boards. I've fried a number of wristwatches and magnetized a number of mechanical type wristwatches. Also many pics of me come out with some type of anomoly.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#3 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

Something to also consider, we had this happen to one of our investigators and she kept thinking that it was a spirit/ghost. But she was using her camcorder, and charging it before each investigation/practice investigation without letting the battery fully discharge which you are supposed to do. (on rechargeable batterys)

So I'd suggest that you have your team member fully discharge the battery till it goes dead, then charge it and use it at that same place again and see what happens.
Posted Image

#4 ~*Jazzy*~

~*Jazzy*~

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal happenings...and being able to discuss odd things without people running at you with a straight jacket!!<br /><br />Places I've had the luxury of investigating:<br /><br />Waverly Hills (Louisville, Kentucky)<br />Moundsville State Pen (West Virginia)<br />Prospect Mansion (Ohio)

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

Something to also consider, we had this happen to one of our investigators and she kept thinking that it was a spirit/ghost. But she was using her camcorder, and charging it before each investigation/practice investigation without letting the battery fully discharge which you are supposed to do. (on rechargeable batterys)

So I'd suggest that you have your team member fully discharge the battery till it goes dead, then charge it and use it at that same place again and see what happens.

Very good point paraviews! It was something I was thinking while reading the post!
Posted Image Thanks Aloha!!!The MAN on the cover of GQ that is in my profile pic is the LOVE of my life!

#5 angrycelt

angrycelt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Besides the paranormal, my interests are reading, working out, video gaming (PC...not that console nonsense), and professional interest in my job.

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

That certainly would explain it. I will pass it on to him. Thanks for the advice!
"There are two things that cannot be cured: death and the want of sense."old Irish proverb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users