• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:36 AM

I picked up a book recently, one that I had buried due to a lack of patience and an average high schooler's inability to concentrate on anything without getting bored.. It was a book on developing the psychic mind and channeling it towards positive use in your life. I had been going through a down time and hoped that using the visualizations the book explained would help calm me.

Suffice it to say, it did. And the experiences I've been having within myself have been great. The book starts out having you use vivid visualizations to slowly train your mind to slow your mind down to the dream state on cue, and I LOVE it. It's indescribably relaxing. I use them frequently to calm myself, quell nicotine cravings, or just for the sense of fascination.

But later on in the book, it describes "uses" of your trained psychic mind in the world around you; increasing perception, helping others with visualization, etc. And on a few pages it briefly describes astral travel - yet it doesn't offer "How-to's", like most other things in the book.

Astral travel has always fascinated me. The idea of having complete awareness of the world outside your sleeping body, and the freedom to navigate without earthly bounds? Of course I was enthralled.

One night, after a good half-hour of solid meditation, or visualization, I felt I was in a deep enough state of mind to attempt astral travel. I remember laying down and and feeling like i was pushing myself out of my body through my forehead. But I wasn't able to completely pull away. I felt like I had the full ability to, but something was holding me back. Maybe it was intentional, perhaps it wouldnt have been in my best interest to travel astrally. But I vividly remember being pummeled by what felt like something trying to keep me from doing it. After this happens, I was continually irritated by a tingling sensation or itches to let myself meditate again that night.

So I guess the point here is, maybe sometimes you're better off NOT forcing yourself into things that you don't fully understand. Not that you shouldn't try new things, but I knew to follow my "instincts" that night, and not go through with my little experiment.

But I'm still fascinated, and will probably attempt it again. My question to you is, what is your experience with astral travel or psychic awareness, and how has this affected you?

#2 macron12388

macron12388

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Wow! thats very interesting! Could I have the title of the book you are using? I'm interested in the potential of the unconscious mind and I ve been able to train my mind over my lifetime to control and choose what I dream about, and Ive discovered the unconscious mind (while dreaming and the potential is developed) seems to be able create a virtual world where events unravel realistically. Astral travel sounds like the next step I should take!! ;)

#3 jakob493

jakob493

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

Yes! I apologize, when I was typing that up, the title completely lost me. But it is called Psychic Development for Beginners by William H. Hewitt. It's really a fascinating read. I highly recommend it!

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:48 AM

Thanks Jakobster, will definitely check out this book. Seems to be worth having it.

My question to you is, what is your experience with astral travel or psychic awareness, and how has this affected you?

This is not an easy question to answer, but I know it is personal for each person. To me I am still in the process on unraveling the psychic world myself, so perhaps down the line I would be able to answer this in a better way, but for now, I would say the awareness helps me grounded. To understand that we are all but small pecks in a bigger stage, but also that we have the power to do whatever we can ever imagine to.
Posted Image

#5 mainemom

mainemom

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Many things.. things that go bump in the night and history of haunted places... I love to check out old cemetaries and check out the names of the people there and their history. <br />Time with my son and my hubby of 11 years! :) <br />And my pets we have! <br />And just time with the neighbors and the horses they own!<br />And getting out when it is not pouring rain or snowing!<br />I love swimming and computer games and Facebook is fun too!<br />

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:36 PM

Jakob i think it is so awesome that you all are exploring this way carefully responsibly and all it is great.. like my son.. he feels he has a new energy and he slowly very slowly grows with it..
First it all started with him and his abilities to know things before it happened.. then the sight to see things before they happened and now he is able to talk to spirits, help them move on and he is able to also dispose of negative energy and spirits that come forward to him as well.. that is awesome what you are doing.. sounds like it is very relaxing and calming to as well..
I have heard of the author Hewitt as well.. and find that many say he is a wonderful author of books as this..
I have never experienced out of body or astral projection myself nor have anyone I have known.. but I hope that you will share with us your experience when it happens for you.. and hopefully my son don't see this post.. I don't need him growing too fast with his abilities he is only 12 lol :wow: thanks for sharing :) and the post..
Peace and Blessings Lynne' Check these out and become a friend :) Website: http://junkrusinmaine.host22.com/Facebook: www.facebook.com/mainemom207MySpace: myspace.com/myzooinmaine

#6 PHANTOM MONK

PHANTOM MONK

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Interests:Trying not to step on the land mines that others have planted in front of me. No sense saying more, as this will be removed anyway.

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Jakob i think it is so awesome that you all are exploring this way carefully responsibly and all it is great.. like my son.. he feels he has a new energy and he slowly very slowly grows with it..
First it all started with him and his abilities to know things before it happened.. then the sight to see things before they happened and now he is able to talk to spirits, help them move on and he is able to also dispose of negative energy and spirits that come forward to him as well.. that is awesome what you are doing.. sounds like it is very relaxing and calming to as well..
I have heard of the author Hewitt as well.. and find that many say he is a wonderful author of books as this..
I have never experienced out of body or astral projection myself nor have anyone I have known.. but I hope that you will share with us your experience when it happens for you.. and hopefully my son don't see this post.. I don't need him growing too fast with his abilities he is only 12 lol :) thanks for sharing ;) and the post..

Yes, astral projection is an interesting area to explore if one has the atience to work on developing the ability. That was the hardest part for me but now using "projection" comes very easy and certainly helps my energy level after I go wandering off someplace and return to myself. Best of luck as you progrss in the field. :)

#7 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

Yes! I apologize, when I was typing that up, the title completely lost me. But it is called Psychic Development for Beginners by William H. Hewitt. It's really a fascinating read. I highly recommend it!

Hey Jakob493, that's the book I ALWAYS recommend everyone should read if they want to understand their abilities better. It changed my life and is one of the best and easiest book I've ever read on the subject.

So glad someone else loved it as much as I do.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#8 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:20 PM

I believe everyone has astral projected in their lives. Think about it. When you dream you go places you never were before, sometimes without realizing it and then later down the road of your life you come upon a place that you know you have been to before, but just can't figure it out. Hope I made sense with that so that people understand it.
simman

#9 jakob493

jakob493

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:13 AM

Simman, that is an interesting point.. And in some instances, I would definitely agree with you. Dreams have shown me places I'm familiar with and places I've never seen otherwise... But as well, it's interesting that you bring up dreams in this because with using this book for psychic development, I've noticed that the intensity of my dreams are growing, to the point where I can vividly remember nearly everything.

There is definitely a connection, somehow.

Kira, I'm glad you love it as much I have grown to! In fact, if you've known of it for a long time, reading your previous posts on it may have motivated me to pick it up. :P

And Moonie, you're absolutely right.. Expanding my knowledge of these things definitely put my old ideas of the universe into perspective.

#10 Haunted_Ship

Haunted_Ship

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in music, art, history, psychology, ghosts (obviously), ufo research and native american history

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:52 PM

Wow. I never considered using astral projection. I may look at this book.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert FrostYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded, is another step forward." [b] Thomas Edison

#11 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my &quot;interests&quot; soon-lol.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

Hey Jakob493, that's the book I ALWAYS recommend everyone should read if they want to understand their abilities better. It changed my life and is one of the best and easiest book I've ever read on the subject.

So glad someone else loved it as much as I do.

Kira

Yep that's the book Kira has been talking about for such a long time! I guess it really is that good!
hmmm.... I don't know if I want to develop further...I am just now having a "calm" period in my life!
Kristy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users