• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 01:56 PM

I just finished reading a book called The Ghostly Register by Arther Myers. It has 64 stories about haunted places. It includes the location of the place (sometimes even gives the exact address), the description of the place, the ghostly manifestations, the history behind the haunted place, the identity of the ghost, and the personality of the ghost. It has pictures of the haunted places too, and some of the pychics who have investigated the places. The only thing it was written in the mid 1980's...so some is not up to date. But it's still a great read!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#2 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 04:21 AM

Hey ghosthunter_girl, that is a great book, may i suggest a few other books you might like if you like those..two i love are "The National Directory of Haunted Places" bye Dennis William Hauck also he did a follow up, "The International Directory of Haunted Places" these are really excellent reads plus after writing the author and telling him how much i loved his books, he sent me a response, very nice guy!The books give the address and even the phone numbers of the places, you also might want to check out anything written by Hans Holzer, another great writer...hope this helps :) ;D
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#3 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 07:32 PM

Hey thanks Willow for that suggestion! It sounds pretty good....I'm gonna have to look for that! Have you heard of the books Haunted America, and Historic Haunted America, by Michael Norman and Beth Scott? I've started to read Haunted America, and it's pretty good. It doesn't give as detailed info, but still a good read!
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#4 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:34 AM

Hey Ghosthunter_girl, your always welcome, sounds like we share the same reading list, LOVE the Haunted America series and was sad to hear of Beth Scotts death, have Historic Haunted America, Haunted America, and Haunted Heartland by them. Have you ever heard of the Haunted Ohio series by Chris Woodyard? I highly recommend them, she use to have a great mail order catalog "Invisible Ink" but sadly doesn't anymore and again you can't go wrong with Hans Holzer books :)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users