6 replies to this topic

#1 LoveTruthHope

LoveTruthHope

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Photography (nature macro's), Art, Singing, Dancing, Puzzles

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:45 AM

As per my other post i have a female spirit in my house who can't leave.

Anyway for this and in general, if the spirit is GOOD, will smudging hurt them?

And how do i get them to leave if they're "stuck"?

#2 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:53 AM

I understand smudging to clear the house of negativity.
A spirit who is "stuck", or earthbound for whatever reason, should be convinced to cross over or go into the light.
I hope this helps. I didn't see your other post.

Edited by Puti, 03 January 2008 - 02:55 AM.

"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#3 LoveTruthHope

LoveTruthHope

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:57 AM

I understand smudging to clear the house of negativity.
A spirit who is "stuck", or earthbound for whatever reason, should be convinced to cross over or go into the light.
I hope this helps. I didn't see your other post.

It's titled "Ghosts come find me when they want help"

She can't cross over. She doesn't know how to.

#4 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:22 PM

Smudging helps rid of the negitave spirits.

You will need to explain to her how to move on, to go to the light.
Posted Image

#5 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:38 PM

Just ask her to remain calm and ask her to walk towards the light as mentioned before.

But the question is, why is she stuck in the first place ? There must be a reason.

However, Im not a firm believer in burning sage etc.

I have had experience in spirit rescue, but would need more details about this female

Mark :clap:

#6 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

Sage smoke creates a sacred space. It will not affect spirits who have crossed over and who understand that everything is sacred. It does not "chase off" ghosts but since ghosts are already avoiding the sacred they tend to leave when you create a sacred space. That's why it kind of works most of the time when done without understanding what's actually happening and someone sages to "get rid of ghosts".

Smudging with herbs generally cannot and does not harm anyone, living or dead (unless you've got asthma or COPD and can't take the smoke or if you burn something that gives off toxic fumes). You can use different ones to effect different atmospheres in the space you are dealing with -- and those atmospheres combined with intent and prayer are what cause the angels and spirits to come running from Home and do what needs doing.

I do recommend crossing someone before smudging. They might leave because you've created something offensive to them but that creates a roaming ghost rather than someone who's moved on... and they're fairly likely to come back when the smoke (pardon the pun) clears.

There are some herbs that should NEVER be used in a cleansing/clearing ceremony, only a blessing after a space has been cleansed... because these herbs are like neon signs "come stay here, look at the comfy place I'm making for you!" Two of them are lavender and sweetgrass (this is commonly used in sage sticks... so never buy anything but loose salvia divinitorium and make your own smudge with it).

If you can see/feel/sense/hear the ghost, speak kindly and gently with them and talk to them about how time has passed and they are no longer living in a body (if they are not aware they are dead) and wouldn't they like to go to their loved ones... and how their loved ones are waiting just on the other side of that doorway that's shining with the bright, warm light. Seriously, when you try to cross someone, people come RUNNING to help you. Sometimes you can convince someone and sometimes you can't ... but even if you're about as psychic as a shoe, you'll feel it when they cross over so you'll know if you were successful or not.

#7 LoveTruthHope

LoveTruthHope

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:41 PM

If you can see/feel/sense/hear the ghost, speak kindly and gently with them and talk to them about how time has passed and they are no longer living in a body (if they are not aware they are dead) and wouldn't they like to go to their loved ones... and how their loved ones are waiting just on the other side of that doorway that's shining with the bright, warm light. Seriously, when you try to cross someone, people come RUNNING to help you. Sometimes you can convince someone and sometimes you can't ... but even if you're about as psychic as a shoe, you'll feel it when they cross over so you'll know if you were successful or not.

I believe she has crossed over now. The house feels a bit empty and my spirit friends have re-appeared.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users