• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 earthstorm2525

earthstorm2525

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:42 PM

[glow=green,2,300]My mom found out Im wiccan and lotaly lost, thats why Ive havent been on for awhile. She wont evan listen to me now.
Is there any way to get her to under stand? [/glow]

#2 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:39 PM

yikes! i went through the same thing with my parents when they found out i was doing wicca and i was just honest with them. i told them that i wasn't worshipping satan (though my sister still isn't convinced) and that this was my choice. just be honest with them; that's all i can say.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#3 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 04:40 PM

yikes how did she find out? i used todo wicca nad when my parents found out will i told them they laughed. i really don't know what to say. i feel bad for you though. is your mom like supper religous? bible thumper? holly roller?
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:51 PM

Yeah, I think we need to get a better grasp of where your mother is coming from before we can give advise..otherwise something that say...worked for me, might blow things up even more.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:33 PM

Salem, how old are you?  How long have you been  a Wiccan?

I'm sure the Wiccans of this board could recommend some good books for you to share with your parents.

Good luck!

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#6 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,823 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:42 PM

hi Salem, there is nothing to worry about anyway, it is only a matter of making them understand the right way!

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#7 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:43 PM

for books for rents...i highly reccomend the idiots guide to wicca. i liked it...easier to understand.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#8 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 01:24 PM

Ah but is it for people wanting to BE wiccan or for people trying to understand what it is?  Kind of two different things.  
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#9 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:39 PM

I was thinking along the lines of something to calm her parents' fear of Wicca.  Most people have misinformation or little information on it.

Once Salem's parents get a better idea of Wicca, I'm sure they would be more understanding.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#10 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 07:00 AM

Hello Salem. It's important to let your parents read literature associated with your practices. In other words, don't let them watch The Craft as a resource. lol. My mom also freaked out about it initially, as did most of my family because of their religious upbringings. I just sat them down and explained to them my beliefs and what I was DOING with those beliefs. So long as didn't involve baby fat and sacrificing chickens, they were okay with it. Good luck.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#11 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 08:19 AM

Hiya Salem and welcome back, it can be a struggle to get your parent(s) to understand a religion they know little to nothing about,and usually if they do know about it, its wrong information like the sacrificing chickens reference Ana made..I suggest sitting down and talking to your mom one on one and telling her what being wiccan means to you and gives to you spiritually, if you are looking for books that might help, I recommend, "When Someone You Love Is Wiccan: A Guide to Witchcraft and Paganism for Concerned Friends, Nervous Parents, and Curious Co-Workers"
by Carl McColman...good luck and I hope you keep us updated :)
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#12 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • Interests:Civil War Reenacting, softball, and other things.

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:18 AM

Interesting, sounds like my mom when she found out I'm dating a guy 3 years older. That is why I haven't been on.
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#13 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 11:41 AM

Your life. Simple as that. Make whatever decision you feel is right. Your heart should lead the way.
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#14 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 08:51 PM

let your mom do some reading on the subject I found the Book of Shadows and To Ride a silver broomstick good reading because they explain about the earth and the beliefs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users