Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

What was Jesus when he rose from the dead?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pete LeBrun

Pete LeBrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal is my absolute favorite thing in the world and I plan on studying it at school in the fall. I also like writing bike riding, reading, and hanging out with friends. My favorite holiday is Halloween ad my favorite season is fall.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

A good friend of mine who is Christian often challenges me to debates about the existence of ghosts. We were having a discussion about Spiritism, Spiritualism, and Christainity as well as the existence of ghosts. He said they don't exist but I stated that Jesus was one when he rose from the dead. His exact words were "Jesus wasn't a ghost actually". Then what was he? A wingless angel? What?

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:25 AM

Jesus was / is the Son of God. In that regard He was neither ghost, angel, or spirit as we define them. He is a unique entity, there is no real parallel being that fits the same category.

BTW, if you want to debate the existence of ghosts, look up the transfiguration of Christ in scriptures where Jesus and his desciples were present with Moses and Elijah. Clearly these would fit the category we would call ghosts, and they were seen by everyone present. Of course this was done for a specific reason, but it also validates that even though arranged by God, life does go on, as these men were brought back as spirits / men from SOMEWHERE.

ref. Mathew 17:1-9.... Mark 9:2-8.....Luke 9:28-36
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#3 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:18 PM

A good lawyer never asks a question without first knowing the answer;)

When Jesus rose from the dead, his spirit re-entered his physical body. This is why Mary Magdalene found the tomb empty that Sunday morning.

When Jesus showed himself to the eleven Apostles, they were afraid because they thought him a ghost. Jesus then had each Apostle touch the marks in his hands, feet, and side. Jesus comforted them "a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." Then to further prove he was alive, Jesus took a piece of fish and some honeycomb and ate them. See Luke 24:36-48.

My friend CaveRat gave excellent ideas on how to approach ghosts from a Christian perspective. Various dead prophets visited Jesus (while Peter, James, and John were present!) during the Feast of the Tabernacles.

The Bible also speaks of unclean spirits possessing man and beast. From a Christian perspective, any spirit could be thought of as a ghost.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#4 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

It is my spiritual belief that we are all spirits until we choose to incarnate into physical bodies and once we "die", i.e., leave the physical body, we are spirits again. This goes for Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, et al.

I do not believe Jesus is better than us; his spirit is of a higher consciousness, but we can all attain that same consciousness, and we will. That is progression and we are all progressing.

Spirits are around us all the time and are constantly visiting us. If one wishes to speak to any spirit, all one has to do is ask, and the spirit will be there. It is not difficult. Spirits want to help because they know how difficult it is to be in this world. Spirits are love; god is love.

I personally believe very little of what I have read in the bible, but that's just me. One of the people whom I admire greatly is Edgar Cayce. Such a beautiful, beautiful man; he read the bible every day of his life. It worked for him and I know it can work for others if that's the path they choose. :kitty:
petunia4998

#5 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

It is my spiritual belief that we are all spirits until we choose to incarnate into physical bodies and once we "die", i.e., leave the physical body, we are spirits again. This goes for Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, et al.

I do not believe Jesus is better than us; his spirit is of a higher consciousness, but we can all attain that same consciousness, and we will. That is progression and we are all progressing.

Spirits are around us all the time and are constantly visiting us. If one wishes to speak to any spirit, all one has to do is ask, and the spirit will be there. It is not difficult. Spirits want to help because they know how difficult it is to be in this world. Spirits are love; god is love.

I personally believe very little of what I have read in the bible, but that's just me. One of the people whom I admire greatly is Edgar Cayce. Such a beautiful, beautiful man; he read the bible every day of his life. It worked for him and I know it can work for others if that's the path they choose. :kitty:

I know this is not a direct answer to the posters question - Caverat has done a beautiful job of answering that though , as always, so I won't pile on. I was hit by the closing of your post, petunia, "the path they choose", in part because of a discussion I had been having with my sons on 'religion', 'faith' and more importantly 'truth'. The way I explained it to my sons was that none of us holds THE truth, each of us seeks THE truth, and each of us follow a different path to the same thing - Truth. So the fact that I am a Jew, my sister a Buddhist, etc. doesn't make one or the other path THE truth, only the final destination - how we get there will be determined by the best way each of us can find it. Hope this didn't veer off from the question the original post was about, which dealt with a theological point of law, more or less, rather than an exposition on the truth of it. Thank you all for helping me find new ways of articulating my own thoughts and beliefs. Shalom and Namaste
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

#6 Must_See_To_Believe

Must_See_To_Believe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:Well, suffice it to say I'm very interested in the paranormal. Although I've never let myself become actively involved. Yeah, I'm chicken. I was very sensitive and probably still am. I once helped a sweet old man named Henry cross over. I saw his bedroom. He was standing beside his bed. Or rather his spirit was. His body was still in bed with his wife. I was suddenly standing beside him. I told him she would be alright. Suddenly he and I both were standing beneath a big beautiful tree on a hill surrounded by the greenest grass and the bluest sky I've ever seen. I've had a few more encounters like that. I considered it a gift from God. But it just came to be too much for me and I prayed that God would pass me by with this gift. I haven't had an &quot;episode&quot; since. <br /><br />Other than that, I read a lot. Sew, Quilt, Cook... spend my days and nights with two wonderful little girls and one awesome man !!!!

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

I personally believe very little of what I have read in the bible, but that's just me. One of the people whom I admire greatly is Edgar Cayce. Such a beautiful, beautiful man; he read the bible every day of his life. It worked for him and I know it can work for others if that's the path they choose. :)

I know this is not a direct answer to the posters question - Caverat has done a beautiful job of answering that though , as always, so I won't pile on. I was hit by the closing of your post, petunia, "the path they choose", in part because of a discussion I had been having with my sons on 'religion', 'faith' and more importantly 'truth'. The way I explained it to my sons was that none of us holds THE truth, each of us seeks THE truth, and each of us follow a different path to the same thing - Truth. So the fact that I am a Jew, my sister a Buddhist, etc. doesn't make one or the other path THE truth, only the final destination - how we get there will be determined by the best way each of us can find it. Hope this didn't veer off from the question the original post was about, which dealt with a theological point of law, more or less, rather than an exposition on the truth of it. Thank you all for helping me find new ways of articulating my own thoughts and beliefs. Shalom and Namaste

Not all Spirits are Love. The bible says there are many spirits and we are to try them all. Meaning they serve differing purposes.

I do believe we can talk to them. There are just too many unexplained videos of paranormal phenomenon out there to say they don't respond to us. Doors open. Opjects move with no obvious means of propulsion. I would NEVER personally ask a spirit to perform for me in any measure. Basically because we have no way of knowing if it is an evil spirit or not.

I have felt them many, many times... and although I search the Internet continuously looking for proof positive of their existence through communication with others, I own that I am not brave enough to try to elicit any kind of action or reaction from them.

Color me chicken. Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

I personally believe very little of what I have read in the bible, but that's just me. One of the people whom I admire greatly is Edgar Cayce. Such a beautiful, beautiful man; he read the bible every day of his life. It worked for him and I know it can work for others if that's the path they choose. Posted Image

Not all Spirits are Love. The bible says there are many spirits and we are to try them all. Meaning they serve differing purposes.

I do believe we can talk to them. There are just too many unexplained videos of paranormal phenomenon out there to say they don't respond to us. Doors open. Opjects move with no obvious means of propulsion. I would NEVER personally ask a spirit to perform for me in any measure. Basically because we have no way of knowing if it is an evil spirit or not.

I have felt them many, many times... and although I search the Internet continuously looking for proof positive of their existence through communication with others, I own that I am not brave enough to try to elicit any kind of action or reaction from them.

Color me chicken. Posted Image

Must_See, I have photographed, recorded and intereracted with spirits when I was investigating them. One thing we never could conclusively prove was if they were human, or nonhuman entities. You are right, they are there. If nonhuman they have an agenda. I don't color you chicken, I say you are a very wise person.

As to Jesus, yes I agree with the other posts. He clearly had a physical body after rising from the dead, but changed from ours. After all, He did ask to not be touched just before rising to God the Father.
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

As to Jesus, yes I agree with the other posts. He clearly had a physical body after rising from the dead, but changed from ours. After all, He did ask to not be touched just before rising to God the Father.

I've been told that that particular phrase at that particular time meant something like "don't hold me up" (don't detain me). Or maybe his body was still making the transition to immortality? In the upper room, Jesus had the eleven touch him and feel the marks of the crucifixion.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users