Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

How Much Training Time for an Investigator?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 04:52 AM

So we have a thread about what to look for in an investigator, now lets say we have some people signed up and ready to go.  What does everyone think should be a good amount of training time for these new investigators?
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#2 RON3002

RON3002

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:40 AM

I think everyone has their own ideas on the time required. My group has the"trainee" perform 2 outdoor,and 2 inside investigations(under the guidance of a long time member),than  get familar with the proper use and interpretations of the various equipment.This may take any amount of time  depending on the person that is being trained,usually around 3mnths.
RON

#3 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:54 AM

I guess im gonna have to go back and read that post, im very curious as to how an investigation works.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#4 MarchWhelp

MarchWhelp

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:45 PM

The leader of the group (or if there is a trainee leader) should take note of the trainee's progress. Some training investigators will take more time than others.

I say a good time to gauge the trainee is by two successful investigations (either outdoor or indoor). Evaluate the performance of the individual, noting if they have developed an understanding of the scientific protocol and the technical aspects behind the equipment. Maturity is very important too, as I would never promote a trainee to a investigator unless they showed respect for the dead (esp. in a cemetery) and abided by group protocols.

In a nutshell: For a quick learner - 2 investigations. For the slower folks - 5 investigations.
Leader of the Connecticut Based Paranormal Investigation group.

#5 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 27 July 2004 - 06:05 PM

For me and our group.  We take them with us (of course going over the tools first) then they get to hunt with us.  This is of course after they pass the interview and we feel that they are right for our group.  If they do a good job and hunt well then they are in.  If they cause trouble and we don't like hunting with them, they go away.

Everybody that goes with us gets a chance to try out equipment and learn just as I did.  There is no need for ranks, that is unnecessary.  This is paranormal investigation not the corps.  I feel that groups that have all this anal retentive crap is for the most part attention seeking and needs to feel important.  I am not in this to impress anyone, I want to find out what there is beyond our death and I don't need a drill sergeant to do it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users