Campground Close Encounter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 15 June 2003 - 03:25 PM

I just posted the Sprucevale campout on the calendar and thought I'd share my own very unusual encounter from over a year ago.

I attended the campout when MAJDA held one around late summer of last year. we spent the evening visiting all the sites and around 2 AM we came back to the camping area to call it a night. Slowly everyone went to bed so i decided to get some rest myself. As I lay in my tent, I heard sounds all around me, and my imagination got the better of me, turning animals into 'ghosts' lurking behind the tent. After an hour I calmed myself down and allowed myself to get used to the sounds of nature.
 Somewhere around 3:30AM, as i lay there trying to sleep, i started hearing footsteps in the main camp area. They approached my tent and stopped within inches of my head. I figured someone was out to have a quick late night cigarette, even though i was nervous about how close the sound was. I sat perfectly still and listened. No lighter lighting, no voice, nothing. I sat perfectly still for about 15 minutes and waited for a sound. There weren't even footsteps leading away. I finally found the nerve to peek out the tent. When I opened the flap, there was nothing; just the sound of crickets and snoring and not a soul in sight. I panicked and fled to the dying embers of the campfire with my flashlight. I threw a bundle of wood onto the fire and sat very close, scanning the woods for anything unusual. I stayed right by the fire until the sun came up. I didn't end up falling asleep until 6:30 AM.

Ken
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 15 June 2003 - 06:33 PM

Ken,
It is very possible that you were dreaming even though you were not sleeping, stress and fatigue can cause that. But then again next time look up in the trees and see if it just jumped straight up lol. Good luck on your trip and let us know what happens. BTW what does MAJDA stand for.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:28 PM

i'msure I wasn't sleeping.... my eyes were wide open the whole time. Believe me, i know when i'm dreaming. I don't think things are that tangible in dreams.
I didn't think about looking in the trees. LOL I was too worried about what was on the ground.
 MAJDA is the first initials of the 5 founding members.. no major significance. LOL

Ken
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:32 PM

OK kewl, again best of luck on your trip. 8)
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#5 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:42 AM

Is sleep paralysis a probability? I have had this feeling so many times, so real yet in my mind!
Posted Image

#6 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 02:39 PM

Can't say i've ever personally experienced sleep paralysis.... I was more than able to move during the whole experience! LOL

Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users