Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Free sneak peek at new ghost book...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 01:25 PM

Greetings, fellow ghost fans!

I posted a message a few days ago about my current favorite book, "The Ghost Next Door" by Mark Alan Morris.  Well, I just learned that there's a website for this book with a link where you can read the first story online for free!  I thought those of you who don't already have this one might want to check it out.  The URL is:

www.theghostnextdoor.com

Enjoy!  :o

#2 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 05:23 AM

Wow, thanks for finding that Daniel  :) I can't wait to get hold of a copy now. That sample story was so creepy, it's given me goose pimples!  :o  And that's really saying something as it's 86 degrees here at the moment. I'm in the UK and we're not used to these temperatures! (Sorry I digress......)
It looks like I have a different cover to my copy of the 1st book  ??? Still haven't found my copy though.
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

• Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:12 AM

Hello again, inaspin2!

Sounds like you may have a different "The Ghost Next Door" book in your possession.  There's another one by R.L. Stine, which is part of the "Goosebumps" series for young adults...that one is several years old.  The one I have is brand new, and has the subtitle "True Stories of Paranormal Encounters from Everyday People".  It's easy to distinguish it because of the creepy cover...a full moon and a spooky house with a single light on upstairs!  Ooooooooooo...   :o

BTW, I just checked, and it's available on Amazon.co.uk!  I hope you can get a copy soon...I'd love to get someone else's take on it!   :)

#4 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:19 AM

Thanks Daniel  ;D I'll check it out tonight and let you know as I'm sure it's the same but different cover. I'm a bit scatty though (lol!) I'm from UK so would that be why the cover is different?
Don't hold back and always know, all the answers you will unfold. What are you waiting for? Spread your wings and soar-Christina Aguilera

• Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:24 AM

Well, I did a little research, and it turns out there's actually a THIRD book by that title, and the author of THAT one is someone called Wylly F. St John.  Maybe that's the one you have?  Or you could be right--the cover may be different simply because you're in the UK.  I guess we'll solve this mystery once you find it, huh?  :)

#6 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:26 AM

So much for copyright guidelines. :)

• Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:06 AM

No kidding!  I guess that's what subtitles are for...  ;D

• Guests

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:36 AM

Hey inaspin2,

Were you ever able to find your copy of the book?  I'm curious now to know which one you have!  Let me know...

DWA

#9 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 02:16 AM

Hi Daniel if you're still about.......  :)
I've finally found the book I was looking for and it's not the same! In fact it has a different title altogether  :-/ No idea why I thought I'd got your one, still I think I'll buy it now! Mine is called 'True Ghost Stories of our own time' compiled and edited by Vivienne Rae Ellis. It's a colection of true stories from the UK. I must have read 'The Ghost Next Door' though as it still rings a bell. Mystery solved anyway!  ;D

• Guests

Posted 14 August 2003 - 05:48 AM

Hi inaspin2!

I'm still about!  Glad you found the book...sounds like a good one, even though it's a different book altogether!  Maybe I'll buy that one for myself.   :)

Cheers!  (Isn't that what they say in the UK?)  ;)

Daniel

#11 inaspin2

inaspin2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 06:03 AM

Hi again  ;D You must check this pretty regularly like me! I've not seen this book on Amazon yet, I bought it in a bargain bookshop years ago. Sure you'll find it somewhere on the net though. It's a good read  :)

• Guests

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:54 PM

Ah, yes!  Some of the best books can be found in bargain bookshops!  Takes me back to my childhood, when my mother used to take us along while she was looking for used romance novels.  I can still remember the musty smell, the oscillating fan, and the slightly eerie quiet atmosphere...   :o

And yes, I try to check this site at least once or twice a day.   :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users