recent haunting middlefield ct

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ghosty Joe CT

Ghosty Joe CT

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

i live in middlefield and theres a road that winds through the apple orchards. it had a bad car crash in wich the passengers were all young and the majorityof the passengers died. powder hill road goes through the orchard and the families built a little altar out of stones off the side of the road where the car crashed. im thinking about snapping some photos at night. i feel because its a new haunting within the past 5 years or so nobody has noticed or even thought about the stretch of road being haunted. i drive this road all the time and some nights weird stuff happens like animals running out at that spot and shadows, even the feeling of a presence. its easy to get to and you dont need permission to check it out, i feel its worth a shot any input?

#2 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

Yea that sounds pretty cool and a safe/legal way to check out something that is possible haunted. I think its great even if it winds up not being haunted. Any roadside crosses or altar like monument is a creepy and wierd place. I might even go check this out tonite if its not too far away from where I live. If I do go I will let you know if I find anything interesting.

#3 Amanda Rocks

Amanda Rocks

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:47 PM

Definitely snap some pics! let us know what you find.

#4 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:54 AM

Just a thought here. It might be good to remember that several young souls died in that spot very tragically. The family/friends of the victims are obviously around as they have a memorial in place, there.

If you or anyone does decide to go out to this spot for a "ghost hunt" (which I feel would be very disrespectful, personally) please, in the very least, remember to be very respectful and aware of what took place there as well as conduct yourself with the ut-most of respect for the family and friends of the victims. I feel a ghost hunt negates any respect - but, seeing as how several people appear to be doing it, please be respectful. You never know who might drive by and see you snapping photos. If word of that got back to the families, or if a family member witnessed this, I canít imagine how that might affect them - only that it would prove very painful, I believe. You might even be confronted.

Too, please remember that just because a death or several deaths occurred in a spot does not make it haunted.

Iím not writing this for any other reason than out of sympathy for the families and friends of the victims. Ghost hunting is not just about gathering potential evidence. It's about respect, too.

Just my thoughts,
Amanda

#5 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

I completely agree with you Viv. I have been to a couple other crash sites in my area where a lot of people have died. What I genereally do is stay in the car for the most part. I understand that it would be extremely disrespectful to walk around the area of the crash. I will prolly stay for about 10 minutes and then be on my way. Anyone have any other places in this area to check out???

#6 Ghosty Joe CT

Ghosty Joe CT

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:33 PM

i also agree with viv on the courtesy issue. i wouldnt disrespect the families or the actual site itself, just a few pictures maybe a 10-15 minute venture. there is another site in middlefield however it could be considered middletown ( on the line) its a dirt road that goes behind mercy high school through the wadsworth park there was a accident about 11 years ago my neighboor actually was a victim. ive driven by a few times but rarely go down the road. very creepy spot, thick woods. im going to try to go soon and get some pics to keep this topic alive. ive been slacking and its been raining. -g.joe ;)

#7 Amanda Rocks

Amanda Rocks

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:28 PM

A friend of mine died recently in a car crash, the site was decorate with pictures, ribbons, flowers. A bunch of friends stayed around for a while and took a bunch of pictures of the memorial. A memorial is meant to be seen, it's meant to remind others what happened and to stop for a minute and think about what happened and say a prayer or something for those coping with the loss.
Rather, I think it is actually respectful to stop at a scene of a crash so long as you pay attention and say a prayer os something.
If some people had stopped by my friends site looking for a ghost hunt, I wouldn't have been offended so long as they showed that they cared.
If they're a complete jerk, however, just hunting for ghosts and not paying respect, I'd be very offended.
It depends no how you go about it. Just be respectful, and make it quick. If you run into someone, just apologize for their loss, offer condolences or something,

#8 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:41 AM

Well I finally made a trip out there to Powder Hill Rd in Middlefield. Drove through the orchards and could not find the place. I come off of 691 and take a right onto 147 and the another right onto Powder Hill Rd. Using the directions I just gave, is the memorial before or after the orchards? The only thing creepy that I found on the road was the Dinosaur Park at the beginning of the road. Also, is it directly on Powder Hill or is it off of one of the side streets?

#9 Ghosty Joe CT

Ghosty Joe CT

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:22 PM

Well I finally made a trip out there to Powder Hill Rd in Middlefield. Drove through the orchards and could not find the place. I come off of 691 and take a right onto 147 and the another right onto Powder Hill Rd. Using the directions I just gave, is the memorial before or after the orchards? The only thing creepy that I found on the road was the Dinosaur Park at the beginning of the road. Also, is it directly on Powder Hill or is it off of one of the side streets?

hey yea your headed in the right direction, going up powder hill road with the dinosaur park on your right you drive into the orchards. you will see an intersection about halfway through the orchards, a road goes left or you can keep following through the orchard (theres no stopsign at the intersection if i could even call it an intersection). the site is on your right, right before you reach that little intersection.

#10 Ghosty Joe CT

Ghosty Joe CT

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

hey yea your headed in the right direction, going up powder hill road with the dinosaur park on your right you drive into the orchards. you will see an intersection about halfway through the orchards, a road goes left or you can keep following through the orchard (theres no stopsign at the intersection if i could even call it an intersection). the site is on your right, right before you reach that little intersection.

i live right down the road send me a message next time you go and ill show you

#11 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:36 PM

i live right down the road send me a message next time you go and ill show you

I am going to be heading up there tomorrow night with a friend of mine. Probably around 930. Send me a message on my profile if you want to meet up someplace and go with us.

#12 ghostiehelper

ghostiehelper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

did you guys have any luck with the pictures?
I live right by here too and found the alter a few months back and thought about taking pics but havent yet

#13 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

didn't find anything in the pictures that I took. I went up there about a month ago, found the alter, took some photos but nothing showed up in them

#14 ghostiehelper

ghostiehelper

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

well i guess that may be good news that the people have passed over?
i ve gotten alot of orb shots in middlefield but thats about it

#15 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:26 PM

well i guess that may be good news that the people have passed over?
i ve gotten alot of orb shots in middlefield but thats about it

what other places in middlefield have you been to??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)