#1 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:30 PM

http://www.fcgd.org/buxton4.htm

Well, with everything going on in our lives! Dave and I decided we need a break and to get away and to get out for another investigation. With Valentines Day approaching I decided on a romantic bed and breakfast known for it's romance and hauntings!! Nothing says I love you like ghosts :clap: !! So, I put up a post on this place if anyone is interested in checking it out or wanting to look into it as well, this will be our first visit there too. We normally focus on northeastern Ohio, but have decided to check out central Ohio this time. We are staying in the Rhaspberry Suite, but have been reassured that we have full roam and tour over the whole location of the B&B, which includes 5 buildings joined together all ranging from the time period of being built around 1812. We will keep everyone updated if we find any hauntings this weekend. Julie and Dave
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#2 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:51 PM

I've read a bit about the Buxton Inn. Haven't made it down there though. It's definatly on my list, and it's not too far. It'd be a nice day trip. I'm anxious to hear about your experience. And let us know how the food is. :lol:

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 10 February 2006 - 08:52 PM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#3 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

Yes, the Buxton Inn has its ghosts, but so does the Granville Inn directly across the street from the Buxton. It's a beautiful old English manor-style inn, prettier than the Buxton in my opinion, with a first-class restaurant. I wrote about the ghosts of the Granville Inn in my book, Ghosthunting Ohio. I have several other haunted hotels and inns in the book as well, along with photos, maps, directions, and contact numbers to make it easy for ghosthunters to visit.

John Kachuba
www.JohnKachuba.com

#4 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,374 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:53 AM

Looks like a cool place to check out.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#5 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:22 AM

For those interested, like me, here's the Buxton Inn's official website

http://www.buxtoninn.com/

And The Granville Inn

http://www.granvilleinn.com/

jkachuba's right. It is nice looking!
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

#6 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:32 PM

Hello everyone! I'am please to write you about our trip to the Buxton Inn. We really did'nt capture a whole lot of para. activity. But a few things come to mind though. I did capture what seems to be a head peering out of the doorway to the bathroom in our room. It was not Julies head because she was out smokeing at the time I took the pic. It is a very interesting picture to say the least. Also we captured a very unusual evp. Julie was doing some mirror gazeing and I was gathering evps. Well when I played back the tape you hear Julie saying a sentence back in Latin. This is something that I have never heard before. First you can hear me say that "it would be mint to see something different" then you here 2 paranormal words that come through ( I can't make out what they say). Then you here Julie say a sentence in Latin. And of course she does'nt speak Latin at all. This one has me confused! But overall we had a great time there and I thank Julie for the wonderful weekend that we had together. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#7 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:44 PM

The Buxton Inn was awesome! The city of Granville is historic and beautiful and I am very anxious to go back! I am very intrigued once the weather lets up to head back down there and check out a couple of museums and the cemetery. On behalf of John, we did eat at the Granville inn for lunch by all means it's first class, within the past year it has turned into a 5 star hotel so it's rather very pricey! Our lunch was $46.00!! Bring your checkbook for this place, but it is lovely! One other evp that we did get that Dave forgot to mention is we were in the tavern alone between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. (they were closed during these hours) and we picked up a man saying "Where's my gun?" I will be posting these up soon in the evp section. Dave and I did have a truely wonderful time together there!! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#8 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

Hi Julie and Dave.
Can't wait to hear and see what you came home with for us! Sounds really like you two had a good and sucessful time!
Welcome back!
:ghost:
Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#9 hollywood

hollywood

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:getting the poop scared out of me....

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:41 PM

Hey i am really interested in these places i got my aunt to go with me but i am not quite sure where there at.... could you tel me llike that city its in,... thx

Yes, the Buxton Inn has its ghosts, but so does the Granville Inn directly across the street from the Buxton. It's a beautiful old English manor-style inn, prettier than the Buxton in my opinion, with a first-class restaurant. I wrote about the ghosts of the Granville Inn in my book, Ghosthunting Ohio. I have several other haunted hotels and inns in the book as well, along with photos, maps, directions, and contact numbers to make it easy for ghosthunters to visit.

John Kachuba
www.JohnKachuba.com

#10 hollywood

hollywood

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:getting the poop scared out of me....

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:03 PM

Hey i am really interested in these places i got my aunt to go with me but i am not quite sure where there at.... could you tel me llike that city its in,... thx

John Kachuba
www.JohnKachuba.com

Hey i am really interested in these places i got my aunt to go with me but i am not quite sure where there at.... could you tel me llike that city its in,... thx oh and maybe some other haunted places... thx again

John Kachuba
www.JohnKachuba.com

#11 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

Hollywood...I asked Dave to post the directions, because if I were to post them...you'd be happily hunting in Canada! Buxton Inn is in Granville Ohio, just about 30 minutes away from Columbus. I will be posting the evps we got soon. I do have them, I just have to find quite time to post them up through the computer yet...maybe within the next day or two. We will get the pictures up of this place too...we have one that we do believe that there is something in the window, but we will also post ones up just of the Buxton, just to show how nice the place is. Honestly, our room was only 95 plus tax....we had two double beds, two bathrooms, two t.v.'s, two private entrances, a refridgerator, coffee maker, and a walk make up closet. We also had a sitting room. Our suite was absolutely gorgeous (I think all the pink was about to make Dave throw up though....I LOVED IT!!) It was huge...we both were in awe when we walked in! If this room were in Gettysburg it would have gone triple the price! Hospitality was awesome...if you book try and talk to Danielle!!! There is alot to do in Granville if you are a ghosthunter....I can't wait to go back when it warms up and hit the cemetery....I wish I had pictures of that....there definately has to be something there too!!! Also I do know some hot spots as well throughout Ohio that we have declared haunted as well. Let me know if you're interested! Julie

#12 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:25 AM

I have a friend that lived in Granville (went to Denison) last year now she lives in Oxford (Miami U). She wanted me to visit soon. She always told me about the Buxton and how cute it was. I wished I would have visited her in Granville and stayed at the Buxtion. I've seen pictures of it online and it's adorable. I plan on going in Aug/Sept to Oxford but I don't know of any hauntings there. Does anyone know any in Oxford area?

I have been informed by my friend that the college has a couple of hauntings but I can't just go trespassing on the dorms to check these out. She is not a ghost lover although I have dragged her to a few haunted places in CA.

I thought about making the trip down to Louisville to visit Waverly Hills or to Bobby Mackey's Music World in Wilder. I also thought about traveling all the way to Mansfield for the prison. Where do you suggest I go if I had just a few days to visit haunted Ohio and traveling out of Oxford?
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#13 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:16 AM

I think we're going to give this place a try for our anniverserey in October (yes a man that remembers his anniversery). We wanted to go to Gettysburg but with Our daughter still being only 1 (by then) it's not right to leave her for 2 or 3 days. And Overnight is one thing but to ask some one to take her for 3 days is a bit much.

And though I'm sad I have to wait for a 2nd trip to Gettysburg, I think we would enjoy seein Granville. I love little historic towns. Just learning the local history and checking out the old buildings is fun.

#14 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:07 PM

Speaking of the Buxton Inn. Julie and myself were going over some old videos this past weekend (June 10th 2006) and stumbled on a video taken by us at the Buxton Inn. We had the video camera set up in our bedroom facing the other bedroom and back door. We noticed some para orbs shooting through the wall. No big deal. Then as we were watching more of it, Julie told me to hit the pause button and rewind it a few seconds. I asked her " why? She then said " just do it"! So I did what I was told. hehe. I viewed this video only once and I missed a HUGE anomoly! My bad! here it goes. There was a orb that shot through the back door then veered to the right of the camera. Then 2 seconds later you see a app. walking across the room in front of the camera. You only saw his feet, calf, part of his thigh, and part of his torso. I could'nt believe I missed that prior. But your eyes get tired from watching a video with no movements. This anomaly manifested himself from the orb stage to an app. He is walking across the bedroom to the wall where it meets the hallway on the other side. We will host this video up soon. I have never seen anything like this before. Both of our jaws dropped when we viewed it. Of course Julie looked at me and said "How did you miss that?" Boy did my face turned red. Sorry honey! It is awesome footage of an apparition! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#15 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:47 AM

Sounds cool Dave. Can't wait to see it. If you guys know any cool stuff (tours museums etc.) to do down there, let me know. I'm not finding a whole lot on the internet. Thanks.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 16 June 2006 - 05:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users