Cotton Mather

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:54 PM

Thanks Willow!

#17 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:19 PM

Anytime :ghost:
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#18 Central Valley Investigator

Central Valley Investigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Investigating for about 8 years. Worked with Loyd Auerbach, Stach Murray and few others. Was part of the USS Hornet investigative team.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:02 PM

Voodoo was about the only thing good about the show :ghost: can ya tell Im a Godsmack fan hehe

#19 iaintafraid

iaintafraid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:i work for a marketing company in the DC area. i am addicted to reality tv. i am a swimmer and sometimes a triathlete depending on how dedicated i am. i love to travel and love the beach.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:40 AM

do they still show eps of this?

#20 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:50 AM

I knew "Scariest Places On Earth" was rigged, but I never heard anything about MTV's "Fear" (although, now that I know that it is also rigged, I'm not surprised).

I wish to thank Lloyd, and everyone else in this thread, for enlightening me about MTV's "Fear". At least I know for sure know.

I'm just glad the TAPS guys are doing it properly. Keep up the good work, TAPS!

:hug: :whoohoo:

#21 babycat

babycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 11:11 AM

;) Has anyone read the book "Fear"? It's about places they investigated on the show.

#22 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:15 PM

You know...I love how everyone has to go and ruin a FUN show for everyone else. "That isn't real", or "they embellished" is one thing I am tired of hearing. The show is called FEAR which basically tells me that MTV was going to make it as scary as possible. Plus, about the Hornet ship, do you really think the people who run it will tell you that bad things happened there? Whether they did or not, I have to look at one thing...it is a military ship and anything having to do with military usually can point to "something bad happened at least once". I suppose the Queen Mary isn't haunted nor the Willard Library in Indiana. The whole point of entertainment is embellishment and over indulgance. The show would have been awesome if they told us it was just a ship with happy ghosts on it. BAD_WORD, the ratings would have gone through the roof.

My main question is why MTV cancelled FEAR. Did something happen? Or, does MTV suck so bad that they strive to get rid of anything people enjoy....like, for instance, MUSIC??!!??

What is TAPS?
DaNkYPosted Image

#23 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:24 PM

I think the main point is that people watch a show that is presented as real, with supposedly real ghost footage. Then to find out it isn't real and that it is all faked for entertainment and ratings.

The problem with this is that it makes people, who take ghost research VERY seriously look like fools and charlatans. It hurts the credibilty of ghost research and the credibility of the researchers. :lol:

#24 Banned

Banned

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:13 PM

that show was hot.

#25 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:56 AM

The show is called FEAR which basically tells me that MTV was going to make it as scary as possible.

I agree. Even if some of the effects are rigged, the people who showed up to do the dares still had to go into the, to me, scariest places. Could you sit alone in the dark in an old electric chair with no radio contact for 15 minutes? Or go alone deep into a dark, old insane asylum to find something? I wouldn't even go in the daytime!

Eeek! :whoohoo:
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#26 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:00 AM

Yeah, it wasn't a bad overall show, but the constant screaming at nothing got annoying.

#27 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:46 AM

Constant screaming at nothing you say? What looked like nothing to us, may have been HELL for those kids. As someone who strongly believes in the paranormal, there are many things you CANNOT see on film. A cold feeling brushing over your shoulder or a whisper in your ear...these things are not on film. I just got the two seasons of FEAR on dvd off eBay and CANNOT wait to watch. I loved the show and I tough all those kids screaming was what made it good (not to mention pretty funny). I remember that episode where that African America guy went to pull the tarp off the electric chair and screamed like a little girl. Tell me that is NOT funny!

Dankkid
DaNkYPosted Image

#28 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:33 PM

dankid, most members of GV are believers to one degree or another of the paranormal, and many posters are investigators, mediums or people who have experienced paranormal phenomena. So we are all pretty well aware of the extent of paranormal experiences.

No one is stopping anyone from enjoying the show (heck, I like Most Haunted, some people hate it). This is to express their opinons.

What has been pointed out is that much of the supposed paranormal occurances were faked for effect. If that does not bother you because you watch the show for entertainment, then that's fine.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#29 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:02 AM

I remember that episode where that African America guy went to pull the tarp off the electric chair and screamed like a little girl. Tell me that is NOT funny!

I remember the episode. The tarp caught on the chair and knocked it over if I remember correctly. I wonder if MTV set up the tarp so it would do that? Anyway he was already freaked out having to go into the place alone.

Once you turn the lights out in that place, the person who has to go in alone, with any little noises or even dead silence that they have to face, despite the radio contact, the person has to deal with their imagination, as well as the atmosphere. I can't help but wonder if the crews that had to set up locales didn't also have to deal with their own fears. And I'm sure they were each sure to NOT be left behind the rest.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#30 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:40 AM

Could you sit alone in the dark in an old electric chair with no radio contact for 15 minutes? Or go alone deep into a dark, old insane asylum to find something?

This is a good point. Of course you shouldn't run around screaming, etc. when you are conducting an investigation as to whether or not a place is haunted. It's one thing to be in a place with your team, it's another thing to be there alone, day or night.

We once were given permission to research an abandoned mental hospital. Sure, it was creepy, but I still hesitantly walked around by myself during the daytime. When night fell, it was a different story. I do take ghost research very seriously and have not run from every little thing in the past, but I admit, when it comes to having to go somewhere by your self, it's not that easy. :ghost:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users