Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

MTV 'Fear'

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:43 PM

You know...I love how everyone has to go and ruin a FUN show for everyone else. "That isn't real", or "they embellished" is one thing I am tired of hearing. The show is called FEAR which basically tells me that MTV was going to make it as scary as possible. Plus, about the Hornet ship, do you really think the people who run it will tell you that bad things happened there? Whether they did or not, I have to look at one thing...it is a military ship and anything having to do with military usually can point to "something bad happened at least once". I suppose the Queen Mary isn't haunted nor the Willard Library in Indiana. The whole point of entertainment is embellishment and over indulgance. The show would have been awesome if they told us it was just a ship with happy ghosts on it. BAD_WORD, the ratings would have gone through the roof.

My main question is why MTV cancelled FEAR. Did something happen? Or, does MTV suck so bad that they strive to get rid of anything people enjoy....like, for instance, MUSIC??!!??

What is TAPS?

I don't think anyone has answered your last question here about what TAPS is....TAPS are the members of The Atlantic Paranormal Society. They are on a show called Ghosthunters on the SciFi channel. Their season just ended so all of the shows that are on right now are reruns, but if you haven't seen them, then you would probably be happy to see them! I hope that helps you out!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#32 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:36 AM

Could you sit alone in the dark in an old electric chair with no radio contact for 15 minutes? Or go alone deep into a dark, old insane asylum to find something?

It's one thing to be in a place with your team, it's another thing to be there alone, day or night.

During my grade school years, I lived with my mom and brothers in a big house in Port Orchard, WA. I was always afraid of the basement and felt like I was being watched, even in the daytime (I still have dreams where I look down the darkened steps and have that 'watched' feeling). I would never have been able to sit down there in the dark. My brothers lived in the basement at different times, and I don't know how they managed to sleep. Perhaps their imaginations were less active than mine, or they secretly slept with the light on.

Once I was locked out and had to go around to the basement entrance in the back (the house was built on a hill) to force the combo lock. It was freakishly dark and I was praying like mad for the courage to get through what was an awful ordeal! It taught me not to forget my housekey.

Those 'Fear' participants were offered lots of money if they completed the dares, though. I'm not sure I'd go sit alone in an insane asylum for $50k (or was it $5k they were offered?). I'm not sure that the money is worth the loss of my sanity.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#33 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:32 AM

Did anyone see the episode of Fear where the guy was wearing the nightvision goggles in a room called The Carpenteria? Where he is looking all of a sudden has an image come into view that scares the crap out of the guy. In slow-motion, the vision looks very much like a human with a head and shoulders and mist coming from the top and bottom...not to mention it looked like a ghost of a ROTTING corpse. If you look while paused, you can make out the "entity's" chest which looks like you can see the heart through. To me, this was probably the best thing that ever happened on the show and the most "real" even that took place. There was a floating orb in a seance, but who is to say that was not dust on light.

Dankkid

What's worse is that in the first episode, the amount was only 3000. I am so interested in this sort of activity, but I do not know if I could go alone. I think when hunting ghosts, it is best to be with a team in case something bad does happen.

Dankkid

Thanks becca!!!!
DaNkYPosted Image

#34 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:39 PM

You're very welcome my friend! :ghost:
It's just Becca Posted Image

#35 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:55 PM

I forgot that there was money involved!

For a few thousand dollars? Lead the way to the dark, old, creepy room! Just let me bring some equipment and let me keep any data that I am able to gather. :clap:

#36 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:30 AM

I have decided that the mina dos estrallas episode (s) were the best the show had to offer. Honestly, this is one place I do not believe MTV should have messed with. The legend is referring to the Nahual. I had never heard about this until I saw this show...heard of la chupacabra...not the nahual. If anyone has seen this episode, I would like to hear your thoughts. It seemed to be the most "real" episode I have viewed.

One other thing, MTV crossed the line in a lot of those episodes. Using a Ouija Board...I would have quit when I heard the name. Pushing a cross over in a chapel...I am Jewish and I would not even do that. Defiling a grave...not in a million years. Run around in the dark, maybe I could do that. Like I said before, I could not do it alone.

Dankkid
DaNkYPosted Image

#37 jenbrown

jenbrown

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:53 PM

You know...I love how everyone has to go and ruin a FUN show for everyone else. "That isn't real", or "they embellished" is one thing I am tired of hearing. The show is called FEAR which basically tells me that MTV was going to make it as scary as possible. Plus, about the Hornet ship, do you really think the people who run it will tell you that bad things happened there? Whether they did or not, I have to look at one thing...it is a military ship and anything having to do with military usually can point to "something bad happened at least once". I suppose the Queen Mary isn't haunted nor the Willard Library in Indiana. The whole point of entertainment is embellishment and over indulgance. The show would have been awesome if they told us it was just a ship with happy ghosts on it. BAD_WORD, the ratings would have gone through the roof.

My main question is why MTV cancelled FEAR. Did something happen? Or, does MTV suck so bad that they strive to get rid of anything people enjoy....like, for instance, MUSIC??!!??

What is TAPS?

I'm not trying to ruin the show. MTV did that themselves. The places they went to were really haunted, but unfortunately the ghost stories associated with them are too boring and anyone could easily stay the night there to collect the money so MTV wanted to make it difficult for them and they made many stories up. There are ghosts running all through the Hornet but it's not a scary place. I love it there. I have never seen a ghost there but I am still willing to go there and experience the place in hoping I see something.

I think when word got out that the show was rigged, it made it hard for MTV to scare the begeezus out of people for money.

And despite the fact that the show was rigged, I still enjoyed it very much. I just wished the stories were real. It's disappointing when you want so much for someplace to be that scary and it's not.

If you want to see a funny and freaky show, watch Scare Tactics on Sci Fi channel. They scare innocent people for fun but you know it's faked. It's funny!
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#38 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:14 PM

big fan of the scare tactics.
gullible people are HI-larious

but if there isn't one, we should probably make a new topic for it, so as not to take away from this one. :)
(just trying to beat one of the mods to it :P)

Edited by randystreu, 26 June 2006 - 04:15 PM.

#39 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:07 PM

Scare Tactics is cool, but not "real" in the sense of supernatural occurances. Personally, I like punk'd better. After watching all the eps from FEAR, I can only say that alot of the stuff was made up...I do not believe that it was rigged, more that there were props involved. I heard that alot of the staff members had some interesting experiences when setting the show up. I believe that is on the dvd, behind fear. Who knows. Haunting Evidence is a new show on court tv, anyone seen this yet?

Dankkid
DaNkYPosted Image

#40 snakebiteoftexas

snakebiteoftexas

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:searching for haunted places as i drive cross country in my 18 wheeler with my lovely wife and meeting people to go ghost hunting with and playing fantasy sports

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:12 PM

never saw the show sounds good
Posted ImageWWW.SOUTHERNSPIRITSEEKERSOCIETY.COM

#41 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:25 AM

If ya'll wish to talk about Haunting Evidence, I believe there already is a thread about it here called New Series. Please keep this thread on MTV's Fear.

Thanks
Vampchick21
Paranormal Media Moderator

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#42 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 09:13 AM

Whoa Vampchick...chill out there. Just a question...not a giant post on the show. Never even seen it...but thanks for letting me know there is a thread...who woulda known it was under new shows and not haunting evidence? Kinda confusing doncha think?
DaNkYPosted Image

#43 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:33 AM

Whoa Vampchick...chill out there. Just a question...not a giant post on the show. Never even seen it...but thanks for letting me know there is a thread...who woulda known it was under new shows and not haunting evidence? Kinda confusing doncha think?

I wasn't aware I was in a state where I needed to 'chill out'.

I am doing my job as Moderator here, trying to keep threads on topic. I would ask that everyone respect that, not to tell me to 'chill out' when I do it. Frankly, that's just rude.

I also do not control how other people title the threads they start. The person who started that thread chose, for their own reasons, to title it 'new series'. If you were looking for a thread on any particular subject in GV, we do have the search option which is easy to use.

Back on topic please - MTV's Fear.

Vampchick21
Paranormal Media Moderator.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#44 jenbrown

jenbrown

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:02 PM

Well I guess this topic can end because there is not much more to say about that silly show :weeee:
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#45 dankkid

dankkid

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 01:08 PM

Couldn't agree more. After watching every single episode again, I realized how much a mockery was made to these departed souls...no respect whatsoever. I don't even think the producers believed in spirits...what a joke

danky
DaNkYPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users