• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Livingdeadgrl

Livingdeadgrl

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:36 PM

Hey,

I understand that the Warren's are well known through out the States and they have a few books out and quite a following online. I just Read their Ghost Hunters Book from 1989 and I dont mean to offend anyone but It was nothing but garbage. They call it a Ghost Hunting book but really it should have been Named "EVERYTHING IS DEMONS" almost every story in the book was "The act of Demons" and not only that but they claimed that Bigfoot was and is the work of Black Magic. The funniest part for me was when Lorraine had a mind link with Bigfoot

"She projected images to the creature of her examining his foot, of helping him bind and mend the injury.
His projections were similary gentle. He showed himself standing on the edge of a cliff, dawn coming up, with a hawk standing on his wrist. He raised his arm to the rising sun and the hawk glided upward with silky black elegance, a silhouette against the red circle of morning sun
."

after all that they claim the bigfoot was a hallucination.

"They are called Tulpas, pysical manifestations that are in fact Projections of the mind. They are creatures of Black magic as practiced throughtout the world but most notably by the monks in Tibet."

That part is true about tulpas, but then Who projected the Bigfoot? Lorraine?
it wasn't any of the so called hill folk that were seeing the Bigfoot in their area. They had no education so it couldnt have been them creating the "Black Magic".

I have never met them and have read one other book by the Warrens plus seen most of the Tv programs and it seems to me that they "might" be sensitive to the situations but are dramatic and overblown when it comes to anything promoting themselves.
She lives beyond the grace of God, a wanderer in the outer darkness. She is "vampyr", "nosferatu". These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but instead grow strong and become immortal once infected by another nosferatu. So, my friends we fight not one beast but legions that go on age after age after age, feeding on the blood of the living.

#2 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

You're definately not alone in your opinion of them, though i've never read the book you just mentioned I have gotten the same vibe from some of the shows i've watched featuring them. I am however going to look for that book just for the Bigfoot Jedi Mind thing :clap:

Edited by Willow, 26 January 2006 - 05:18 PM.

Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#3 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

I feel that the Warrens are a bit eccentric. I just don't like the way they find everything evil. Sorry, but I don't believe a thing they say.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#4 The Ghost Lady

The Ghost Lady

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:51 AM

I was hoping there was a Warren's thread on here. I've met the Warrens, toured and photographed the museum, own all of their books and DVDs, am a member of NESPR, etc, etc. and I have to agree with some of you that some of their experiences and encounters are hard to believe, and in many cases I don't agree with or believe them, but they kinda started the whole paranormal investigating field...they pioneered it and it had to be more difficult without any of the modern technology that we have available to investigate with today. They did work on some pretty credible cases and have assisted plenty of police departments with solving cases. That's fact. So I do take some of what they say with a grain of salt, but then again, I do that with any paranormal investigator.

After spending a few hours in Lorraine's house a couple months ago, I found that she's very knowledgeable about a lot of things and didn't sound at all like she was sensationalizing her stories. She's a wealth of knowledge and still has her wits about her and is very intelligent and articulate. Unfortunately, she spends most of her days now caring for Ed who remains very ill and bed ridden. A funny piece of useless info is that her newest pet is a fancy chicken (she calls Einstein) that she rescued from a shelter where he was going to be a goner because he had a spinal injury. She keeps him in a cage in her kitchen. LOL!

Here's a current photo of Lorraine I took of her in her living room.

Posted Image

-The Ghost Lady Whirly Dude
Posted Image

#5 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:03 AM

I have to agree that they do seem a little over the top and not really willing to accept that some places are just not haunted

#6 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:58 AM

I read The Demonologist awhile back and it was an eye opener for me. I was just getting into ghost hunting and such, and it taught me alot, so I'd know not to get in over my head. I like the what I've read from the Warrens, and they've done alot to make that line of work credible.

But, they are not the end all be all. They don't get the final word, and (IMHO) nobody else does either. Thats why we still call it the unexplained. But there's always people out there looking for a guru. They can't think for themselves so they look for someone to tell them how to think. That's true everywhere, not just the paranormal. If it's not them it's someone else.

Read there stuff, read other stuff, investigate and form your own theories.

And if Ed is ill I wish him the best.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 25 February 2006 - 05:58 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#7 MDV

MDV

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:41 AM

Yesterday I saw the by Discover Channel broadcasted show of 'A Haunting in Connecticut'. I really enjoy the shows, however, there's one thing of which I have my doubts.

Every time they visit a 'haunted' house they take video and photo equipment with them, however, the photographs and videos made during their sessions are never shown during the series.

Does anyone know why they decided not to show this? IMO it would be a perfect way to make the series more realistic.

My apologize for my English, I'm not an English native :weeee:

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:38 PM

I'm not sure exactly why they might not show the pictures and video they took during the filming of the show, unless it's actually because it's usually wise to fully investigate your photos and footage before you actually present it, you know, so you don't point to the capture of a dust mote and scream 'Paranormal Orb'. :ghost:

Either that or they didn't actually capture anything paranormal in their own footage, and for a television show, which is basically entertainment if you ask me, it makes for boring viewing.

And your English was quite good actually!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:50 PM

I have been investigating the paranormal for about 9 years now. In all of the times that I have researched it, I have NEVER found anything to be evil, demonic or non-human. You would think that since everything they find is demonic, I would have run into it at least once in hundreds of investigations.

Demons are a fairy tale to scare people into staying with the church. Ghosts are very real though and I have found much evidence of them. Perhaps if there is some sort of demonic evidence found at some period in the future I will re-evaluate but until that happens, I say they don't exist.

I feel that they are sensationalists, they are trying to make a buck and playing on a lot of people's fears. I don't hold a lot of respect for the warrens at all.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 mattsin30

mattsin30

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:59 PM

Ok a majority of the stuff I believe with the Warrens. A sergeant I work with has done investigations with them. Buy thier dvd PRETERNATURAL. I have the utmost respect for the Warrens. Ed in fact will sit you down and when he is done with you you will belive that there are demons. That is why with the EVP I captured I said evil in nature if you have ever heard the enfield voices ed and lorraine were there for that so check it out here it the link.

Enfield voices

#11 Chuck58

Chuck58

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:15 AM

I've been involved in paranormal/supernatural for well over a decade. I also assisted (not conducted) in several criminal occult investigations in the Midwest and New England. I met the Warrens years ago and spoke at length with them. Their book, The Demonologist is considered by some to be the Bible for demonic investigations. All that said, I do question some of their investigations such as their most famous, the Amityville house.

Consider, though, that they've done I believe nearly 20,000 investigations over many decades, and in only a small percentage have they discovered demonic activity. Their critics seem to focus on these few hundred cases.

#12 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:54 PM

ive never read but from what i hear they sound like they are a little too.....i dunno

#13 Faeden

Faeden

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:46 PM

I have been trying to explain to people for years about these peoples fraudulent activities, I feel bad for speaking bad about them when Ed is sick, but the fact remains these people have done huge amounts of damage to genuine paranormal research especially in the states, they have made it a laughing stock. I remember the Warrens telling some family who where already terrified that if they did not let them "exorcise" there home and help them there sick son was going to die, because there home was infested by Satan. How disgusting is that? They thrive on frightening people, they pretty much blame everything paranormal on Satan or fallen angels, and they seem to have the same kind of mentality as religious extremists.

I feel sorry for Ed and Lorraine at the moment, and I wish him all the best in his recovery, but they should never have become involved in paranormal research, they have made other cases that might be genuine look like lies.

The Warrens main agenda is money.
Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:13 AM

I have been investigating the paranormal for about 9 years now. In all of the times that I have researched it, I have NEVER found anything to be evil, demonic or non-human. You would think that since everything they find is demonic, I would have run into it at least once in hundreds of investigations.

Demons are a fairy tale to scare people into staying with the church. Ghosts are very real though and I have found much evidence of them. Perhaps if there is some sort of demonic evidence found at some period in the future I will re-evaluate but until that happens, I say they don't exist.

I feel that they are sensationalists, they are trying to make a buck and playing on a lot of people's fears. I don't hold a lot of respect for the warrens at all.

9 years eh ?.Welcome aborad there newbie.:weeee:.I would just like to say in regard to the Warrens,that I do find them doing a bit of sensationalizing from time to time,but that is how they generate some of the interest in what they do.Just as some go onto radio programs exagerating their so called expertise in order to gain attention for their endevors.That being said, I would also remind people that the reason that so many of the Warrens cases are demonic is because they are "Demonologists". If you call in an exterimintor in to kill off the bugs in your house,are you going to be surprised when he does'nt talk about how many cows he has knocked off ?.The Warrens have a solid reputation,probably the longest in the field and no one has been able to call them frauds. I would say that some of their solutions and explanations seem hokey to me (see bigfoot) but in the scheme of things I respect them.As for "Demons" as a whole, I will state that they do exsist and I have encountered them.I perfer the term "Entity" as opposed to "Demon" as a personal preference,but they are not,have not or ever will be human.If you have yet to encounter one,then you have been fortunate.

#15 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

9 years eh ?.Welcome aborad there newbie.:ghost:.I would just like to say in regard to the Warrens,that I do find them doing a bit of sensationalizing from time to time,but that is how they generate some of the interest in what they do.Just as some go onto radio programs exagerating their so called expertise in order to gain attention for their endevors.That being said, I would also remind people that the reason that so many of the Warrens cases are demonic is because they are "Demonologists". If you call in an exterimintor in to kill off the bugs in your house,are you going to be surprised when he does'nt talk about how many cows he has knocked off ?.The Warrens have a solid reputation,probably the longest in the field and no one has been able to call them frauds. I would say that some of their solutions and explanations seem hokey to me (see bigfoot) but in the scheme of things I respect them.As for "Demons" as a whole, I will state that they do exsist and I have encountered them.I perfer the term "Entity" as opposed to "Demon" as a personal preference,but they are not,have not or ever will be human.If you have yet to encounter one,then you have been fortunate.

heh ive only been reading for two years oh! um is one of their books hardcouver and called supernatrual or somthing because when i was little my parents took it away from me because it had some weird stuff in it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users