Ghost Hunters Ed and Lorraine Warren

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 29 July 2006 - 02:44 AM

Vamp, I seem to use the terms "ghost" and "Spirit" differently. I feel that a spirit is that of a deceased person. After all living people can have spirit too. Ghost on the other hand I associate with the visual aspect of a spirit. When a spirit manifests in some form or another it then becomes a ghost. Like someone may say, a ghostly image of a spirit. But anyway, everyone has theories.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#32 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:39 AM

I'm just curious to know how we -know- they aren't demons...
Traditionally speaking, demons lie, don't they?

#33 Iam

Iam

Gotta be dead to get into heaven

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:10 AM

Good question Randy!!!! This field is so non-conclusive that anything is possible, and one should open their eyes to these very possibilities. To not, leaves you open to danger. "Shakes head muttering to himself"
I am not advocating a morality based on evolution. I am saying how things have evolved. I am not saying how we humans morally ought to behave. Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish. Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have a chance to upset their designs, something that no other species has ever aspired to do.

#34 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:40 AM

Regarding the Warrens...

In one of the initial posts on this thread, it was said that the Warrens pretty much began the ghost research phenomenon..

Oh, no, no, I so disagree with that. Investigation such as this has been going on for much much longer than the Warrens have even been alive.

Even for "modern" times, one could even refer back to Edgar Cayce, who precedes the Warrens.

From what I've read, people have questioned paranormal activities from way back when ~ I think the difference lies in the fact that while they questioned certain events, they were mich more accepting of them than people today are.

I suppose, to me, the main difference lies in the attention-grabbing antics that so many people today perform...such as the Warrens. Money is the name of their game, and I believe the same to be true of Sylvia Brown.

I think the work I admire most today is that of William Roll. Quiet, not an attention seeker...He pursues his interests, writes his papers and remains fairly removed from the limelight.

http://www.parapsych...s/w_g_roll.html
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#35 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:24 AM

Vamp, I seem to use the terms "ghost" and "Spirit" differently. I feel that a spirit is that of a deceased person. After all living people can have spirit too. Ghost on the other hand I associate with the visual aspect of a spirit. When a spirit manifests in some form or another it then becomes a ghost. Like someone may say, a ghostly image of a spirit. But anyway, everyone has theories.

Seems I did not successfully clarify. :Wall:

I never said nor implied that living people do not have a spirit. They do. Called the Soul. When your physical body dies, if you do not go to the next world, your soul is then a ghost.

When I say spirits, I am referring to non-physical beings that NEVER EVER lived as human or animal.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#36 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:18 AM

I understood what you were saying Vamp. I just used the spirit example to show that "spirit" is also the soul. We are however not soul investigators. :D I also feel that animal hauntings are the spirit of a deceased animal. I just feel that ghost is more related to the manifestation of a spirit. Like I said, everyone has a theory. :blush:
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#37 Iam

Iam

Gotta be dead to get into heaven

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:48 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon

Heres your most informative information of demons.....I believe they exist.
I am not advocating a morality based on evolution. I am saying how things have evolved. I am not saying how we humans morally ought to behave. Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish. Let us understand what our own selfish genes are up to, because we may then at least have a chance to upset their designs, something that no other species has ever aspired to do.

#38 nnyprs

nnyprs

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:18 AM

Regarding the Warrens...

In one of the initial posts on this thread, it was said that the Warrens pretty much began the ghost research phenomenon..

Oh, no, no, I so disagree with that. Investigation such as this has been going on for much much longer than the Warrens have even been alive.

Even for "modern" times, one could even refer back to Edgar Cayce, who precedes the Warrens.

As far as Paranormal Research, I think Hans Holzer added more to what we doand how we do it today than Cayce. Cayce had more influence on the theories and psychic end of things.

But, as I said before, even Hans became money hungry. People who do this have to do it for the RIGHT REASONS!!!
The Northern New York Paranormal Research SocietySEEK TRUTH!!!The NNYPRS Discussion ForumSEEK TRUTH!!![url=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NNYPRS[/url]SEEK TRUTH!!!Posted Image

#39 Faeden

Faeden

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:29 AM

In the Occult and in Parapsychology, the following is the common belief on Spirits and Ghosts, most people learn this for some reason when they are more learned in the paranormal its difficult for many to swallow. Spirits are living spirits of the once living, a conscious self aware spiritual being. A ghost is nothing more than a residual apparition, unconscious and not self aware, a replay of someone or something, a recording that the environment has absorbed into its surroundings. Many people will disagree with that aggressively because its not how the popular mind views it, but thatís how its viewed in the occult and much of parapsychology. I sometimes use the word ghost to describe the conscious spirits of a once living person, but only because most people understand it that way and get confused when hear of it in the way I just spoke about.

On the spirits being Demons thing, its more than possible that a demon could pose as a friendly spirit, but to think like some do that all spirits are evil and demons is stupid, its the same as the foolish people who believe that all Aliens must be evil or demons, its demonising something we donít understand as evil, its like a form of racism, and God forbid us ignorant humans take racism from this world and out into the universe, and even the spirit world. Sure some Aliens and spirits could be evil or demonic, but then many humans can be evil, and pretend to be good, does that mean that we should assume that all living people are evil and demonic too?

Hans Holzer I have his Huge book called Ghosts. Its got a huge mass of info in it.

Donít get me started on Silvia Browne sheís an embarrassment to mediumship.

Edited by Faeden, 31 July 2006 - 08:31 AM.

#40 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:30 AM

Don't forget about the 19th century investigators either.

And Axman....lol....soul investigators? Ummm....yes. When you consider that a ghost is a person's soul that hasn't moved on. Ghost=Soul=Spirit (in your own usage).

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#41 nnyprs

nnyprs

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:32 AM

I agree...too many people call all ghostly experiences evil.. and must be demonic....why? Because it scared someone. If it's scary it's a demon right? NOPE The majority of ghosts that may seem malevolent, are just trying to be noticed. Image sitting in a room with 5 people...trying to say something...and getting ignored.....that would be frustrating right? Imagine having that for years!!!!
The Northern New York Paranormal Research SocietySEEK TRUTH!!!The NNYPRS Discussion ForumSEEK TRUTH!!![url=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NNYPRS[/url]SEEK TRUTH!!!Posted Image

#42 Faeden

Faeden

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:37 AM

Yes nnyprs and lets not forget confused and lost souls, they might appear frightening to those who can experience them looking for attention, but it doesnít mean they are evil, many spirits might at the most be angry and frustrated, even a little sinister, but many need help rather than an exorcism. You get mentally ill people who are dangerous, we help them, you have mentally disturbed minds as spirits too, and they need the same kind of help.

#43 nnyprs

nnyprs

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:42 AM

Yeah...and try exorcising a muslim ghost... the power of christ compels you....the ghost replies" Allah spits on your compelling!!!" Sorry for going off on that tangent.

Exorcism are for demons. Cleansing rituals can help with ghosts.

#44 Faeden

Faeden

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:19 AM

Yeah...and try exorcising a muslim ghost... the power of christ compels you....the ghost replies" Allah spits on your compelling!!!" Sorry for going off on that tangent.

LOL I have seen this many times, it is hard to watch. I have known of what I found out later to be a troubled spirits that was probably an atheist in a location, and then some priest or pastor run on in there, bible in hand, spraying holy water all over the place, insulting the spirit (probably making it more angry) calling it all sorts of names, and doing it all in a angry and hateful manner, shouting at it to go back to hell (as if there is not already enough negativity in the house to begin with) then people wonder why the problem in the house gets worse. Then a more kind and logical pastor or priest will come in and instead of being angry and hateful will respectfully ask God to help the troubled soul and try and reason with the spirit, and explain its not welcome here any more, and that its not doing it self any favours by hanging around in a world that doesnít want it anymore, and to move on, many mediums do this same thing too, no solution is 100% successful guaranteed, but the softly softly approach seems a lot more effective.

There are some rare cases of demonic hauntings, but they can be dealt with by taking away what it is they feed on "the fear in the house " someone running around the house shouting at a demon with hate and anger is going to feed the demon and make it stronger. I have seen Jewish Catholic Christian and Muslims do this aggressive approach to spirits that are housed on places and itís a little annoying.

Like you say if a spirit was an atheist how is bashing it over the head with a bible or Torah going to help any? Although its good to add, a personal gentle faith in God and goodness can have a powerful effect on certain things and keep people protected from negative energies. Its like a bubble of light. Belief is a powerful thing, its our thoughts that can be shaped into powerful energies for both good and bad.

Edited by Faeden, 31 July 2006 - 09:23 AM.

#45 nnyprs

nnyprs

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:07 PM

LOL I have seen this many times, it is hard to watch. I have known of what I found out later to be a troubled spirits that was probably an atheist in a location, and then some priest or pastor run on in there, bible in hand, spraying holy water all over the place, insulting the spirit (probably making it more angry) calling it all sorts of names, and doing it all in a angry and hateful manner, shouting at it to go back to hell (as if there is not already enough negativity in the house to begin with) then people wonder why the problem in the house gets worse. Then a more kind and logical pastor or priest will come in and instead of being angry and hateful will respectfully ask God to help the troubled soul and try and reason with the spirit, and explain its not welcome here any more, and that its not doing it self any favours by hanging around in a world that doesnít want it anymore, and to move on, many mediums do this same thing too, no solution is 100% successful guaranteed, but the softly softly approach seems a lot more effective.

There are some rare cases of demonic hauntings, but they can be dealt with by taking away what it is they feed on "the fear in the house " someone running around the house shouting at a demon with hate and anger is going to feed the demon and make it stronger. I have seen Jewish Catholic Christian and Muslims do this aggressive approach to spirits that are housed on places and itís a little annoying.

Like you say if a spirit was an atheist how is bashing it over the head with a bible or Torah going to help any? Although its good to add, a personal gentle faith in God and goodness can have a powerful effect on certain things and keep people protected from negative energies. Its like a bubble of light. Belief is a powerful thing, its our thoughts that can be shaped into powerful energies for both good and bad.

Thank you Faeden for understanding and backing me up. I have been saying this here a few times before and I always get bashed. I appreciate it.

What you are talking about with the kind pastor...excatly what I am talking about. It is a form of a ritual cleansing. Cleansings are for spirit. Exorcisms are for demons. Have any of you performed the rite of exorcism? It's a trip. No...I am not a priest..but if you are able to get your hands on a copy of the Rite, it has two specific lines (that's it...just two) that state "Lay persons Omit"....in other words...if your not an ordained catholic priest...you can't say them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users