• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#31 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:34 PM

Well I got to watch this and I do like it, I just hope that donna eventually don't freak out as much at things falling.

Hahahaha! I laughed so hard at the fact that they freaked out the way they did! I wonder what they would have done if they'd turned around to see a ghost looking back at them! :weeee:
Posted Image

#32 mikemgmve

mikemgmve

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

I enjoyed it for what it was, but being completely honest, I've never cared for Bryan, whatsoever. He also grated on my last nerve on the regular show, and I was glad to see him gone.. shame he came back in this form tho. I do enjoy Donna however, and the other investigators all seemed pretty good. I just don't like Bryan.

There's just something missing without the personalities of Grant, Jason, and Steve.

#33 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:28 PM

I don't mind Brian as an investigator, I just think he has a problem when it comes to being told what to do. He was always butting heads with Jason, Grant and mostly with Steve. I would honestly like to see Steve and Brian just hang up their differences and get along.

As far as the show, I was surprised they didn't find much at Chillingham Castle. But then again ghosts don't perform on cue just because there's a TV crew on site.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#34 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

We'll see what they turn up in Italy and Wales tonight. I'm looking forward to it!
Posted Image

#35 ali88baba

ali88baba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy cooking, baking, playing The Sims 2 on PC, crochet, and of course, ghost stories!

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:08 PM

I'm sorry but I just can't stand Andy. I didn't like him when he was first on Ghost Hunters, and I don't like him now. I don't think his parents like him much either, why on earth would you name your child Andrew Andrews? That's just mean!

ali

#36 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

Sssnnnooorrreee..................bbboorrriiinnnggg! I watched last week and again tonight. I should say the TV was on and I was on the computer. Nuf said. But of course I have more to add.

Brian-eeewww, cannot stand the guy.......if he would shut his mouth, they may actually catch something. He's got a big problem with authority figures in any form.
Donna-stop being such a scaredy cat, this is what you signed on for.
New Guy-handsome but needs to loosen up and get comfortable with the team. Maybe he is aware of what a jerk Brian can be and is watching his back as he is the newbie. He'll be fine once he gets his bearings.
Andy-He doesn't annoy me and I liked how he debunked the crying pillar tonight in Italy.
New Girl-like her, respect her bravery even though you could tell she was scared as all heck!
Barry-AWESOME! He should be the leader of the group. He speaks Latin for cryin' out loud. That impressed me. Meanwhile stupid Brian is daring the spirits to come out. Does he not realize that is not the way civilized Europeans speak to the dead? Especially monks, comon dude. He needs to grow up already.
Brian-oh yeah, you already know how I feel about him. I wish Steve wasn't afraid to fly. It's safer than driving after all.

Last but not least----------I do not know how I survived without my DVR either----thank you to the creator(s) of the DVR, TiVo, all that technology. Yippee, gotta love it.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#37 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:20 AM

Ouch...everybody's so harsh. I do agree that they have some things to work out as a team, but all in all I liked last night's episode MUCH better than last week's.

Here's my take on the team:
I think Robb should take the team out on a bender, get 'em all liquored up....that's when the real bonding takes place! :drink2: :D :hug2: I have my opinions about Brian and his character flaws, but I actually think he's a pretty decent investigator. Donna does need to chill out. J, G, or Steve-o would LOVE IT if they felt "singled out" in an investigation and were seeing shadows and getting touched. Props to Shannon for sticking it out...you could tell she'd never been in a situation like that before. And Barry...well, what can I say? He's just fantastic, as both an investigator and a personality.
Posted Image

#38 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

Sssnnnooorrreee..................bbboorrriiinnnggg! I watched last week and again tonight. I should say the TV was on and I was on the computer. Nuf said. But of course I have more to add.

Brian-eeewww, cannot stand the guy.......if he would shut his mouth, they may actually catch something. He's got a big problem with authority figures in any form.
Donna-stop being such a scaredy cat, this is what you signed on for.
New Guy-handsome but needs to loosen up and get comfortable with the team. Maybe he is aware of what a jerk Brian can be and is watching his back as he is the newbie. He'll be fine once he gets his bearings.
Andy-He doesn't annoy me and I liked how he debunked the crying pillar tonight in Italy.
New Girl-like her, respect her bravery even though you could tell she was scared as all heck!
Barry-AWESOME! He should be the leader of the group. He speaks Latin for cryin' out loud. That impressed me. Meanwhile stupid Brian is daring the spirits to come out. Does he not realize that is not the way civilized Europeans speak to the dead? Especially monks, comon dude. He needs to grow up already.
Brian-oh yeah, you already know how I feel about him. I wish Steve wasn't afraid to fly. It's safer than driving after all.

Last but not least----------I do not know how I survived without my DVR either----thank you to the creator(s) of the DVR, TiVo, all that technology. Yippee, gotta love it.

I was going to say whoo hoo finally got a chance to watch it, talk about how much I love living vicariously through this group (ghost hunting in Europe with all that equiptment! a DREAM COME TRUE!) and how they act and react like real people. No respect for Brian, laughed my head off at him commanding 12th century Italian ghosts in English and getting Donna all freaked out. Was going to go on about loving Barry...Then I realized Kira had already said it all.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#39 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

Amylew, you can still gush away...............it's all good honey!

And yeah, what I wouldn't give to go to those places, ghosthunting or not. I want to go to Italy!!!!
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#40 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:03 PM

Very well said Kira!! I agree with you 100%.....Haven't watched tonights episode so I can't comment on it, but all in all I like the show & the idea of J&G not being there but the basic rules of investigating have remained. Will be fun to anticipate what's to come!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#41 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

.....it's growing on me :)
Posted Image

#42 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

I think the team is jellin very nicely. Hey they are not Jay and Grant and of course no one can be. I think everyone just has to get used to the personality of this team and take it for what is, an interesting mix. These folks are who they are wheither we like them or not. We can sit here and comment on this and that but just turn the table and what if it was you. Brain drives me nuts too but do I have the gutts to do some of the crazy stuff he does, maybe I'm not in his shoes, would I like to be ? yeah! who wouldn't like to go to the places they have gone too. I like the fact that they hold TAPS valuse and apply them to their cases.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#43 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:05 PM

I was actually very pleased in the way Brian presented himself during the Citadel Rasnov case. Yes, he does get all whiny on occasion but he is not that bad of an investigator. I feel that Shannon could get on my nerves way more than Brian. I am still wondering what Barry saw behind that door in the chapel.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#44 lavenderwolf_6

lavenderwolf_6

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:29 AM

Hey, y'all! I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. :D First of all, I am a die-hard paranormal freak. (freak in a good way LOL) I grew up watching "In Search of...." and "Night Stalker". As I got older, I went on to things like "Sightings" and "SPOE". I never felt satisfied with a show, though, until GH came along. I love the way they investigate, the respect they show the people they are there to help, and even the respect for the possible "spirits". I do love the GH crew....J, G, Steve-O, Tango...

That said....my thoughts on GHI are: I like the show! :clap:) (I do not have cable, and only recently discovered that I can watch episodes of GH and GHI on line! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Now, I don't have to miss the only reality show that isn't fake, has no political or social agenda, and is just good investigative tv! :hug: ) I know that Rob, Andy, Brian, Barry, Donna, and Shannon are not GH. I don't consider them "cast-offs", either. They worked with the "parent" group for a bit, then went their own way. It is nice to see known faces on the team instead of a whole new bunch. At least we aren't surprised when Brian screams like a girl, or Donna takes charge of a situation.

I have never really liked Brian. I think he has a bit much of an ego, and is whiney and argumentative. BUT!! He surprised me when he volunteered to repel down into the well at the citadel in Romania. Good for him!! The man has a spine after all!! :D

As for the problem between Donna and Sharron, I have to side with Donna. I think Shannon was rather rude for banging on the window during Donna's attempt at EVP. They need to realize they both have a bit of a different style, and should probably not "buddy-up" too often. That may help them stay friends, and avoid a cat-fight.

Rob needs to loosen up a bit, but seems much more relaxed now than in the first show. Andy needs to act more like Andy and not like Grant! He has a tendency to come off sounding like a "know it all"...instead of just letting people know some information, as G is able to do.

As for Barry....well...the other ladies have said it well! What a cutie! I have liked him since GH went to Leap Castle, and am glad he's on the team. I don't think he should work so much with Brian because they both end up making each other nervous, and then they spend most of their time spooking at every little thing.

All in all, they're not GH, but then, this is a different team. They definitely need to do some "on the town" thing, or something. Something where they can cut loose and just let it "all hang out, man". :) I can't wait for the next episode, and am waiting eagerly for the 4th season of GH!! :)) :cheerleader:

Well, that's an incredible amount of reading! Sorry, I got going and couldn't stop! LOL Can't tell it's one of my fave subjects, eh?? Ok, enough. Talk to y'all later! :)

LavenderWolf_6

Edited by lavenderwolf_6, 13 February 2008 - 01:30 AM.

#45 syscokid

syscokid

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:57 PM

on taps site you can't post any comments about any of the members good or bad, ie Steve is hot or Tango is a goof.
GH and GHI are two separated groups. it was stated that Paranormal State and GHI have nothing to do with each other. and Shannon is not a member of TAPS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users