Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

New show

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#151 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:09 PM

Forget that post above....This shoud be the link

It's just Becca Posted Image

#152 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 07:05 AM

That is what I'm interested in Annie....didn't they call it Franks Box?? It was fascinating to me....would like to know more about it. Anyone know anything,

I am in a research group with Frank Sumption to study this kind of communication. Frank has made around 30 boxes,each with variations as he has tried to fine tune them to work better. As I understand it, Chris Moon has one of the earliest models.

When I first heard the Chris Moon version of the box a year ago, I thought it was complete nonsense. What the operator claimed it was saying bore no relation to the static I was hearing. I was actually surprised and happy on Frank's behalf that they were getting some fairly clear evps out of it on the show. I wouldn't judge the whole Frank's Box concept on what you see Chris Moon doing, regardless. Later versions of Frank's box are much clearer. I know that I have been getting some interesting results from my Radio Shack hack version. Frank himself does not claim that his boxes are the end all be all in spirit communication by any stretch of the imagination. He actually prefers using the software program EVP Maker over his own creations.

I will point out that the researchers themselves generally agree that there is a strong element of psychism coming into play when using the box. When someone claims that some garbled noise clearly says such and such, that isn't necessarily hoaxing. That may truly be what they themselves are hearing. I've had plenty of experiences where I heard something clear as a bell while it was being recorded only to have it much more faded or not there at all on playback.

Also, the biggest complaint I've heard about this kind of communication is that yeah, of course you're going to get voices over a radio. There are going to be random snippets of airwaves on occasion that seem to be answers to what the operator is asking. The question is, what is the statistical probability of getting a clear non-yes/no answer that is directly relevant to the question asked during X many minutes of recording time, especially when the answer is something unusual, like the name "Urkel"? I'm glad that they considered that in the show.

Anyway, it only costs $25 to get a Radio Shack RS-469. Anyone who is interested in this ought to give it a try.

#153 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

Hmmm...very interesting. Thanks for the info! I tried to watch the youtube link, but it kept stalling and I finally got frustrated enough to just stop trying to watch it. Perhaps I'll go back later and try again.

So, is this radio thing supposed to be like an instant EVP player? I doubt it works the same, but that's something to think about...a device that almost instantly plays back whatever you caught on a voice recorder. Then you wouldn't have the controversy of a radio, but you'd have all the same benefits of the Frank's Box. If someone could find someway to make a device that did that, it would be a huge step forward for investigators! (Then again, maybe someone already has made that and I'm just way behind the times.)
Posted Image

#154 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:44 AM

I don't really know anything about the Frank's box except for what I seen of it on the show. It looks basically like a CB radio to me. Pretty interesting though.
Posted Image

#155 dnor28

dnor28

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:I am very interested in starting a paranormal investigation group in my area.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:41 AM

Anyway, it only costs $25 to get a Radio Shack RS-469. Anyone who is interested in this ought to give it a try.

Very interesting information Abbey! Thanks for posting your reply.

I am very interested in this Radio Shack RS-469. Do you have a link to one of these boxes or can I just go to the nearest Radio Shack and tell them I want a RS-469 and they will know what that is? I did a search on the RS-469 but could not find it anywhere on the net. I really want one to do some experimenting with but I want to make sure I get the right one.

#156 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:48 PM

'Sorry. I should never post before I've had coffee. The model number is 12-469 I should also warn you that the model does not have built in speakers, so you will need to get speakers for it if you want to record both yourself speaking and the box.

#157 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Beyond the paranormal, which is obvious, I like to read (mainly paranormal books, bios, true crime, etc..), make graphics and layouts, playing Texas Hold 'Em ( I racked up some dough New Year's Eve! lol), and I enjoy doing a lot of outdoor type things. I come from a drag racing family, so it's always fun to head to the track to watch my family race.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:18 PM

Is this it? This is what 12-469 showed on the Radio Shack website:

http://www.radioshac...s...=2104001
Posted Image

#158 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

Yes, that's it. I don't have handy access to the links for the information on how to modify it to use as a ghost box. If you go to www.eeriecanal.org and go to the ghost box communication page and from there to the learning resources page, there is a link to instructions on how to do that.

#159 dnor28

dnor28

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:I am very interested in starting a paranormal investigation group in my area.

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:52 PM

Awesome! Ty so much for that info Abbey. I will be getting me one and modifying it. Hopefully I will get some nice results that I can share here on the board.

#160 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:52 PM

Abbey, Thank you for the information!!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#161 Cynthia_TN

Cynthia_TN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:25 AM

Did anyone watch the show last night? What do you think of the Mothman legend?
Posted Image

#162 NEAR Keith

NEAR Keith

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

I watched this show for the first time this afternoon on a kind of 'marathon' that A&E was running, I assume, to inaugurate the new season. I've got very mixed feelings about it. For one I like the thought of another show giving another teams point of view but subscribing to the theory of open-minded skepticism I have to say that I had some credibility issues. To each their own but the overuse of mediums rather than the investigative equipment really bothered me.

In all honesty the most credible person I saw was Keith Johnson, Carl Johnson's brother, a demonologist that we saw on the first season of Ghost Hunters. I read some articles on Paranormal State's production team that said they put the group in touch with all of these experts. I can only imagine what line of BS they told Keith to get him there because his expression during that exorcism appeared to be one of "What kind of BS did I just get myself into?"

I'm not going to go into the whole personal demon thing. I believe in ghosts, I like to see hard evidence that's been put to the test, but I'm not going to say that something like that didn't happen. My biggest problem aside from the overuse of mediums is the fact that I haven't seen much in the way of data analysis. I see a lot of motion detector with 'door moving' camera shots and the "Director's Log" scenes with him walking around dictating to himself like he's Captain Kirk.

The show has merit. I think it has the ability to be a good show if they dropped the ridiculous junk their over the top production crew does and put some more focus on data analysis and proof.

That's just my opinion.

Just wanted to say thank you and God bless, Joshua.

#163 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

:) do I sense agreement? No you dont have to answer that.
There is nothing left to say.Me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users