New show

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#16 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:24 PM

I really enjoyed it myself, I just wish it were an hour per episode rather that two half hour episodes with two different cases.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#17 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

I really enjoyed it myself, I just wish it were an hour per episode rather that two half hour episodes with two different cases.

I agree... I think there was lot more info they could have given on the first case, and the second case I would have loved to hear much more about... I was more interested in that case than the first one, but the first one was very intreaguing...
PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#18 RON3002

RON3002

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:54 AM

I really enjoyed the first case in particular.from the previews of next weeks episodes,I am really hoping they dont make a habit of finding "demons" on every case.
RON

#19 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:56 AM

I liked the show too, but I too wish that it was longer. Maybe if it is a success it will expand to be a one hour show.....???

Personally, I'm glad that they are talking about demons, I (in my own belief system) believe that alot of what is happening to people in todays world can be chalked up to demons. I don't think ALL things are, but alot of them......it's nice to see that someone out there DOES believe that there are such things out there that can do such things. All in all though I look forward to next weeks show & I do agree it is nice to see some new techniques coming into view!!!

Maybe this show will give GhostHunters a run for it's money & they will have to start doing something new to give new life to their show.....still a good show, but they are getting a bit monotonous (?).........Great show PRS!!!
It's just Becca Posted Image

#20 Guest_mrsspookypants_*

Guest_mrsspookypants_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:49 AM

Oh shoot, I missed this last night. I'm sure they will re-run it, but one of the houses they are checking out is about a stones throw from where I live. Wonder if they did that one last night?

#21 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:55 AM

Last night was 1 case of a little boy who was seeing the spirit of the former owner who had killed himself on the back of the property, the second case was a mother and her son who lived in a house where the murder of a family of 6 took place in the 19th century and apparently a demon whom the head of the PRS had encountered before made a bit of an appearance (and they brought in Lorainne Warren, who was really very sweet).

Can't remember where these two places were located though, sorry. But A&E is notorious for the reruns....lol.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#22 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

What shocked me is how the boy from the first case was able to verify everything that the current and past neighbors were saying about where "Timmy" was murdered to the headphones... Heck, he even got the name right!!! But then for him to point him out in the wedding photo... That gave me goose bumps...

I know some people would say this was staged and that they told the boy to say the name Timmy, point to the person in the pic, and to point to where the neighbor found the body... But I just got a wiered feeling that this wasn't staged in any way...

I remember laughing to myself during the second investigation when Ryan was talking about a name popping into his head and the psychic writing the same name down, that they should consult Lorainne Warren or another demonologist about this... Low and behold, she was on the show!!! First time I've ever seen her... :)

Edited by Joven76, 11 December 2007 - 10:05 AM.

PB&J Paranormal proudly supports the St. Baldrick's Foundation for childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

Posted Image

#23 Harmony1215

Harmony1215

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:Music (all kinds except country), Witchcraft (mainly celtic but interested in everything). I love learning about all different types of religions.
    I sing the national anthem a few times a year.

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:03 PM

I watched the show last night too and found it very interesting. I wonder if they would ever think about doing a show with TAPS. I think that would be very interesting.
Paranormal State only takes the most severe cases or where someone is getting hurt. I would like to learn more about the founder b/c he mentioned he used to work for the catholic church, i wonder what he did for them? I wish they showed more of the scientific aspects instead of just lightly touch about it, but overall it was a good episode and I can't wait for next week's.
I do have to agree w/ someone else who posted here and that if every week is going to have this "demon" who follows the founder around then i will probably stop watching the show b/c that means their only going to cases where they think the demon will be. and that's not what a paranormal group should be doing.

#24 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

I do have to agree w/ someone else who posted here and that if every week is going to have this "demon" who follows the founder around then i will probably stop watching the show b/c that means their only going to cases where they think the demon will be. and that's not what a paranormal group should be doing.

I too have to agree with that, but I do remember Ryan saying that the thought the Demon was attached to him, not at a particular location... So where ever Ryan goes, so does his Demon... But if they focus more on the demon entity than anything else on the show, then I may loose interest because I also know there is more to paranormal reasearch than demon hunting...

I don't think Ryan worked for the Catholic Church for an extended period of time, but he was called in on a case with them that changed his perception of the paranormal... I DVR'd it last night so I'll probably watch it again to be sure, and I'll research his bio on A&E's website... I have a feeling that Ryan has become a demonologist since then, or has extensive knowledge about it, but doesn't advertise it... That's why Lorianne was called in...

Posted Image

#25 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

i watched the last one i totaly forgot able it and caught the last 15 mins of it . it was interesting but some how i'm not to sure yet. i'll have to see if anyone has in on veoh and watch it again.
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#26 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:51 PM

i got to watch the first episode about 'timmy" and the little clairvoyent boy on youtube yesterday, really good, and ryan is a really nice guy, (from IPI). I would love to see the second one.
Posted Image

#27 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

I enjoyed the show and will be watching again. Certain things really bothered me though. I thought they spent too much time with camera angles and lighting and not enough on the evidence, each case could easily be an hour. The shaking uneven camera thing gets on my nerves and makes me sea sick. Cant stand canned drama.
I like the medium and that they bring a psychologist in.
Lorraine Warren? Why chose someone so controversial? Regardless of what the main character said, there are other demonolgists. She did seem sweet and sincere though.
Any speaking done in both episodes felt like it had happened before, was tweaked and then reenacted for the cameras.
I have the feeling that a lot of the issues will resolve themselves over time. The show is very new.
I don't remember the location of the little boy episode but the second, with the angry son, was in Elizabethtown PA. I remember because a friend is from there.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#28 Chrltt

Chrltt

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Urban Legends, taking photoes, the sims2, but theres so many to think of

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:24 AM

I haven't seen it but it looks good, I'll watch it if I find it on TV.

#29 Chikadee77

Chikadee77

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Research, dogs, spending time with my husband

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:55 AM

Haven't formed an opinion yet. :kitty: I need to see more I think... though I'm with some of the others, I really hope they don't make a habit of "demon hunting".

#30 Joven76

Joven76

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:20 AM

Lorraine Warren? Why chose someone so controversial? Regardless of what the main character said, there are other demonolgists.

I remember thinking the same thing when I saw Lorraine... I even recall Ryan saying, "Some might remember her from the Ammity Valley House case (Boy my spelling is bad!)... Wasn't that proven to be a hoax??

But you're right, I would have liked have to seen more evidence, and more of the investigation or dead time as they call it... I did like how they showed all of the background on the cases...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users