Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

T.A.P.S.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:01 PM

Did anyone, and I am sure most of you did, catch the viewing of the investigation at The Cashtown Inn on Wednesday? This episode was really worth watching and I throughly enjoyed the excitement of the evidence that was collected by the team. We have been to the Inn many times for lunches and dinners, but never stayed over night. Everytime when we walked through the doors, there seemed to be a erie presence that greeted us once inside. Great place to visit! He he! But back to the episode. Did anyone notice when Jason and Grant were upstairs and they mentioned that they were from the state of Rhode Island and suddenly they both heard what seemed to be someone walking above them? As soon as he had asked that question, they both heard the footsteps of a spirit walking with it's boots on. Is that not considered an intelligent haunting? Grant stated as soon as he said that, the spirit responded to them by walking. Then at the end of the show, Jason mentioned that the footsteps was probably coming from a residual haunting. How can he say that based on one visit? And with the picture being moved on Grants dresser was an intelligent haunting. Which is a correct statement by him. The picture that moved on the dresser was a very good piece of evidence that they collected that night. As for the EVP that was collected, I heard absolutely nothing. Also where was the thermo camera at? Jason said that it felt like someone had sat down next to him on the couch and he was feeling a cold spot near him. A thermo camera would of picked up a hot spot on where the spirit was sitting at on the couch. Did they use the camera and picked up nothing and edited that part? They always have that camera handy on all their investigations. Over all, a good show this weekend by the team. Dave

Edited by damckie, 27 March 2008 - 09:05 PM.

Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:25 PM

They are plummers....lol!

Sorry, I know they try, but they are their own experts in my book.
One show they didn't really try to debunk the covers being taken of Grant's feet, that kind of ticked me off. I could see the spirit of the woman there doing it, not to the naked eye mind you. Even both my daughter's did....they were like "what the heck?"
I saw the Cashtown Inn one...not bad. But Dave we didn't go there when I was there...dang it! That would have been so cool! I might be going there again this summer, Anne's graduation from Gettysburg College....whoo hoo!

TAPS, is ok, but I do hate all the drama between the team...takes up too much time from what the show is about.

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:49 PM

I said it before, I'll say it again. What's the issue with them being plumbers? Is their chosen profession somehow indicative of them being less intelligent or educated than someone in a white collar job and therefore less able to handle a 'proper' paranormal investigation?

Disagree with their methods, findings, equipment, disagree with/dislike how SciFi presents the show, but let's just drop the classism via their profession, ok?

And I'm asking that as a human being, not as a moderator.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,231 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

They are plummers....lol!

Sorry, I know they try, but they are their own experts in my book.
One show they didn't really try to debunk the covers being taken of Grant's feet, that kind of ticked me off. I could see the spirit of the woman there doing it, not to the naked eye mind you. Even both my daughter's did....they were like "what the heck?"
I saw the Cashtown Inn one...not bad. But Dave we didn't go there when I was there...dang it! That would have been so cool! I might be going there again this summer, Anne's graduation from Gettysburg College....whoo hoo!

TAPS, is ok, but I do hate all the drama between the team...takes up too much time from what the show is about.

Les

Les, Totally forgot to take you there when we were visiting back in July. Dang it! You and your daughter would of been overwhelmed on what goes on inside of there. We spent to much time on Saches Bridge. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#5 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:18 PM

Im not sure Les meant it like that :headbang: maybe ?

#6 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

I actually think the fact that they are plumbers adds a lot to their credibility. I respect plumbers for many reasons, one they know how to do stuff I wouldn't want to do nor know how to do. Because of their profession they are able to figure out that a lot of what people hear is nothing more than pipes coolings and heating, as well as the work they do with EMF meters which determines feelings people get based on high readings. It was interesting how sensitive Kris was to the basement area where the operations took place. Could that have been because of the high EMF readings, the energy of the place or a combination of both? I saw another show that investigated that Inn and the medium clearly saw soldiers there and spoke to them in the area where the operations took place. It was a fascinating show.

I love TAPS. It was the first paranormal show I ever saw. I respect that they look for real world answers and don't assume everything is paranormal. I do disagree with their findings at times, like the show in Belchertown at the library. I really felt that place was haunted, but they said the evidence was inconclusive. Oh well. I remember years ago Geraldo Rivera did a special on an Asylum out there, I don't know if the building is still standing, but I wish they had gone there while in Belchertown Mass, (which is only about an hour from me). I remember watching that show as a child and knowing even then there were ghosts there. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I confusing it with another insane asylum in Western Mass?

I know Les didn't mean anything in an elitist sort of way, it was a joke. But no doubt Vampchick that classism is a huge problem in the US, right along with racism, only people don't really talk about either issue truthfully. That's actually a really good topic for discussion. I bet people don't even know how much classism exists, not only in the US, but all over the world.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#7 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:09 PM

I just watched on my DVR, had to avoid this topic until I did.
Something I noticed that I would have done differently: They talked about being from the North, footsteps, north again, then invited whomever it was to join them. The way it was edited at least, it seemed someone then sat down next to Jay, and the whole feel the couch thing began. I hope I would have thanked them for joining me and started asking questions or talking to them!

I agree with the drama Les and I think they realised it too, there was none in this episode and none that immediately comes to memory from this season.

Edited by Seeker, 28 March 2008 - 08:10 PM.

There is nothing left to say.Me

#8 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

The other thing that really bothered me on the show and I brought this up to Dave the day after, is they had no problem showing every bit of equipment that they had brought and plugging it in, but where was the FLIR thermal camera when they actaully needed it? They did not have anything to document any temperature change next to Jason on the coach in General Lee's room. No thermometer, no emf, no FLIR, just a tape recorder. If I'm going in on an investigation I'm going in with my guns locked and loaded. So, the other rooms are equiped with moniter video cams? but if I'm doing the actual personal investigation in that room looking for an acual response, I would have most of my other equipment with me...and it's not as if they didn't have enough equipment to go around. Why didn't they use the FLIR, I didn't see any reflective surfaces within the room, that might have justified Jason's claim. Just my thoughts folks. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#9 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,874 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

Sorry Vamp......I didn't mean it that way....lol.

I meant it as in they are the same as any of us really, but this shows makes them out to be the ultimate experts when it comes to paranormal investigations.

Sorry for the misunderstanding there ;)
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#10 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

Well, any show will make out it's hosts that way. Part of, you know, television.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#11 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

Going along with what's already been alluded to...

I've had my "issues" with TAPS, and while I respect them, I do not feel there is anything overwhelmingly special about them that makes them the top authority on paranormal investigation and research as so many people see them.

HOWEVER, a major thing that many people forget is...we are shown what Sci-Fi and Pilgrim WANT us to see, and the show is not geared to the investigator population. The intended demographic wants to see the scary stuff...they want proof, and they want drama. Drama sells. A LOT more analysis and debunking goes into these cases than what we see because that's not the makings of good television in a producer's eyes.

#12 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

Something I noticed that I would have done differently: They talked about being from the North, footsteps, north again, then invited whomever it was to join them. The way it was edited at least, it seemed someone then sat down next to Jay, and the whole feel the couch thing began. I hope I would have thanked them for joining me and started asking questions or talking to them!

I agree with the drama Les and I think they realised it too, there was none in this episode and none that immediately comes to memory from this season.

And Jason stated that was a risidual haunting? They conterdicted(sp) themselves big time on that piece of evidence. And to top it off, Jason still couldn't say the word "it's haunted" at the end of the show. Hmmmm Footsteps and a picture frame moving by itself, no problem for me to say "it's haunted". Dave
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#13 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

The owner however had no trouble calling it haunted. I don't know how their bookings were before the show aired but there are very few rooms available on weekends straight through fall.

#14 Spirited

Spirited

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:19 AM

Same here on both counts - DVR and feeling up the poor spirit.

The biggest thing that bothered me was that Kris actually got physically sick. I'm a little bit of an emet (fear of vomiting) and so was kind of upset that a spirit could make me ill (if it turns out she's not hypersensitive). Does anyone have an experience with a spirit or entity making someone ill?
~ A spirited and optimistic skeptic

#15 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Its not happened to me but I have heard of it. I personally have had shortness of breath and pressure in my chest, tingling etc. I was being told about a great saddness at the time.
I too am a pukaphobe, I know where you are coming from.

Edited by Seeker, 31 March 2008 - 05:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users