• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marilsolstice

marilsolstice

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

I always made assumptions on what the wendigo would look like. I was always imagined it would look like a wolf/mole creature but i was different and more interesting.

http://booalert.com/...ogs/the-wendigo

Just want to share this post i found while researching for the windego. I was surprised by the pic.

An Interesting new way on sharing your Paranormal experiences click here!

Posted Image

#2 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

That pic is based on the mythology. Good pic.

from wikipedia
The Wendigo is part of the traditional belief systems of various Algonquian-speaking tribes in the northern United States and Canada, most notably the Ojibwe and Saulteaux, the Cree, the Naskapi and the Innu people. The Weendigo was gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tautly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Weendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it had were tattered and bloody [....] Unclean and suffering from suppurations of the flesh, the Weendigo gave off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption.
At the same time, Wendigos were embodiments of gluttony, greed, and excess: never satisfied after killing and consuming one person, they were constantly searching for new victims. In some traditions, humans who became overpowered by greed could turn into
Wendigos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#3 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Used to read Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, and one of the stories was the Wendigo. It was well written enough to leave me feeling chilly and unnerved. Knowing there is a mental condition leading to cannibalism related to the Wendigo is even more disturbing.

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#4 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

Oh god... That's one heckuva creepy video, Belle.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#5 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Wow that was good.
Right this way to my haunted space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users