Most Haunted in Your City

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

I'd like to know the most haunted building or place in your city.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#2 TheresaRHPS

TheresaRHPS

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

That's a tough question! There's not really anything of major interest in the town I actually LIVE in, but my paranormal home base is extremely historic...which naturally lends itself to quite a haunted reputation as well! Huntington, WV is definitely a place that is not short on its ghostly legends.

Based on amount of experiences combined with a really fascinating and historically documented back-story, my pick would probably have to go to a certain dentist's office that is housed in a former duplex. We uncovered some fascinating history on this location which, while negating the original story, actually lends some credibility to some of the evidence and experiences witnesses by many different paranormal teams.

Instead of dealing with a child ghost who died at the age of 11, we learned that the resident ghost girl was a 21 year old who died under mysterious circumstances. The drowning death of a baby, the possible suicide of another man, and nearly 75 years of families coming and going has led to a crazy mix. All that combined with the owner's vast antique collection and it would be a surprise if people didn't see or hear things there, lol. You can read my multi-post blog on the location for the full story, which is just too complex to really give justice here.

Lavina's Story, from Theresa's Haunted History of the Tri-State
Huntington Paranormal Investigations and ResearchCheck out my website

#3 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Cool I'll have to take a read of it. Thank you so much for sharing I'm hoping others will as well.

#4 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hm, most haunted in Carlisle, Pa? Have to be the Army War College. There's the Hessian Powder House, where it's rumored that if you look in after dark/it closes you can see the spirits of the Hessian soldiers who where held prisoner there. There's also the bloody ghost of the Letort View Community Center. And probably the Best known of all of them:Lucy Pretty Eagle in the Coren Hall apartments. I've experienced this one personally, since I used to have an Army Post friend during my Junior year of High school, and went there after finals to hang out. We were getting ready to have dinner (Papa John's pizza) and Lucy knocked over one of the candles on the dinner table. Mind you, I didn't see this, since I was in another room, but I heard my friend scold Lucy for it. This was a bit after she showed me where she'd seen Lucy bricking up and unbricking a tunnel in the basement.

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#5 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

In the city I live in? Its too young to really have anything major going on. Its only been around about 60 years. Neighboring city of Long Beach, CA though as been around much longer and has some haunts...

Edited by Cryscat, 13 August 2012 - 03:38 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#6 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

Thanks LycanGhost for the story that's cool.

Cryscat what places in Long Beach? Do you have a story you could share?

It's interesting reading about hauntings in members cities.

#7 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

That's it/ No one else has a place that everyone talks about.

#8 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Thanks LycanGhost for the story that's cool.

Cryscat what places in Long Beach? Do you have a story you could share?

It's interesting reading about hauntings in members cities.

You're welcome!

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#9 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

You're welcome. I'm hoping you have more stories for us.

#10 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Have one or two from work. I work in one of the middle schools in the Carlisle school district, and I've had a couple experiences, and heard from coworkers who've had some.

Mine: A few months after I started working, I was in one of the seventh grade classrooms cleaning and listening to music on headphones when I heard what sounded like spurs behind me. I was the only one in the seventh grade area at the time, since it was well after school had let out for the day, and my coworker at the time was up in the art room.
I also saw a shadow figure with glowing red eyes in the main hall going from the eighth grade lockers towards one of the halls that leads to the gym side of the building and runs along part of the auditorium. I was the only one in the main hall at the time, since my current coworkers were both on the gym side of the building.

Lamberton coworkers: Jo and I were cleaning up after a parent teacher conference day in the boys locker room and she said she'd heard running footsteps when I wasn't in the room.

Wilson coworkers: Shirl said one night when she and Kasey were locking up the back hall, she saw a lady in a white dress goe from the auxilury (Smaller part of the gym that's off to the side) gym to the cafeteria. When she saw it, Kasey was in the gym locking it up, and said she hadn't seen her. She also had one of her teachers tell her she'd seen a man sitting out on the side patio by the home ec. room just watching the building. By the time she'd gone out the seventh grade science room patio to the parking lot, he'd left. I'm not entirely sure if this would've been paranormal or what. *shrugs* Shirl's also heard a disembodied voice from the seventh grade lockers saying hello to her. She didn't recognize the voice, and she was the only one in the building at the time.

Posted Image

#11 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

What places in Long Beach?? Well its probably the Puvungna portal... Puvungna is the Indian village which once occupied the land where Cal State Long Beach now stands. The heart of the village is bordered by the modern day streets of Willow St, Anahiem Ave, Palos Verdes St, and Los Alamino St. CSULB (cal state univ. Long Beach) campus sits entirely within this area. Puvungna remains sacred to the Gabrielino and other Indian people as a spiritual center from which their lawgiver and god -- Chungichnish -- instructed his people.

Lots of strange happenings have been recorded for this area. Many are convinced that the area is a spiritual portal.
Link for google e-book. Haunted Long Beach 2

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

Other link:
http://www.csulb.edu...0000_about.html

Edited by Cryscat, 15 August 2012 - 05:45 PM.

Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#12 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

Cool. I'm glad I'm not the only one who works in a haunted building. It makes every day interesting doesn't it? I'll have to check out that site Cryscat.

#13 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Some more creepiness from Lamberton:

-3 8th grade boys beat up and killed a homless man and buried him between the tennis courts and the woods around Letort Trail. How'd they find out the kids did it? The art teacher who was working there before Ashley Gogoj (pronounced go-joy) saw the one boy peeking out the art window facing the tennis courts, almost like he was checking on it.

-I keep feeling like I'm being watched from right outside the windows when I'm cleaning the 6th grade math room. It's especially more noticable right around Halloween when the veil's thinner.

Posted Image

#14 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Not in the town I currently live in, but in nearby Oklahoma City, the Governor's Mansion is one of the most haunted places. Was on a tour and the former First Lady (we have a female Governor now) told us the ghost of Governor Alfalfa Bill Murray has been known to trip people going up the staircase. It always happens on 'his' stair (each Governor's name is embroidered on to the carpet runner). There were a few other stories, but that's the most famous ghost.

When I move back to the City, we're going to work on a Ghost Walk for our neighbourhood. Apparently there have been a few grisly deaths and murders in the area (near the Capital Bldg).

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#15 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

The building I work in has been very active lately with Halloween around the corner. More shadow people letting themselves be seen. The conversation are heard more often when no one is around.

There is a story regarding a well to do family that had a woman who sewed for them. Years ago they would reuse the spool the thread came on. Well one day the woman took a spool to sell for money then passed away having never admitted to taking the spool. At night the woman of the house would hear a noise coming from the attic moving back and forth across the floor. Being frightened she did not get out of bed because it was dark. The following night the same thing. Finally she did get up and go to the attic. She had figured out what it was. It was the ghost of the woman who had taken the spool. She told her she knew and it was o.k. she could keep it and the noise stopped.

Edited by White Witch, 24 October 2012 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users