Free Skins
© Fisana

ouija board 2

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 06:03 PM

Aloha is right, a board can be made from anything and theres no way to know what spirit your actually getting when you use them

Justa, I recieved my first ouija when I was 13 and I see your point in wondering why something assumed so 'dangerous' and dealing with the occult would be sold in toy stores and marketed to kids...most kids get it, try and use it *incorrectly might I add* get bored with it and toss it in their closets never to see the light of day again, some seem to think that a handmade board are more effective and I happen to own an antique one myself which I havent ever touched and wouldnt until I went through blessing and protecting myself best I could, in short, if your having doubts about the board, either get all the information you can or just dont bother with them at all...always go with your first instinct :)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#17 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 01:05 PM

Justa, the truth is that you've got to 'learn' how to use one.

First of all, you must become more attuned to your psychic feelings: if you're not feeling up to it one day, then don't do it!

It's always better to use a uija board by yourself, but if you're with someone else, make sure you fully know this person and that they're not giving off any negative vibes.

You always start a session with a prayer of protection either from God or your spirit guides (whichever you're more comfortable with), and a 5 minutes visualisation/relaxation exercise that will act as a protection device too.

Once you begin (if anything happens) don't ask silly questions like 'when am I going to die' !

You 'listen' to the board, if a spirit comes to you, ask him/her who it is, what their name is and so on, if there's anything they need to tell you.....and you'll make lots of friends on the other side!

:)

#18 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:43 PM

I still find it hard to believe that if this device is so dangerous that you can come in contact with evil spirits if you don't know what you are doing, that they would market it in a toy store.

However, for those who have used them, is there anyway to choose who you are talking to?  Can you ask them to go get somebody for you?  
Posted Image

#19 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 08:36 PM

Justa, a car is dangerous to those who don't know how to drive them, but they are widely sold. Air guns are sold to children, and they are dangerous. ANYTHING that you don't have training on can be dangeous. Why do you think hair drier manufacturers have to put do not use in the shower tags on them? Or The cape in the Superman costume does not enable you to fly.  ::) I WISH I made the last two up.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#20 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:22 PM

Very true Mykie.  But there is a slight difference, although I do agree with you on the principal.  You can't drive a car (legally I should add) without being tested on your safe handling of it.  Also, you need to come up with the hundreds of dollars to buy one, insure it, and keep it running.  As well, in Canada, you have to be a certain age (varies province to province) to buy an air gun.  And again, there are laws about the use of them.  However, I found a site online for a toy store that anybody can buy a Ouija board for $19.99.  So again, back to my original question, is this the same as the ones that can be used to contact the "other side" or is it just a toy?

There are some interesting posts on that site as well from "buyers".

http://www.amazon.co...6815991-6116858
Posted Image

#21 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 08:17 PM

The points a good one and very valid, the board itself is just a tool of focus, the danger is opening a Portal in which you canna control what enters and which you may not be able to force back :-/
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users