• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#106 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

Alexa: have you tried writing? Poetry is particularly healing. And, never ever let anyone tell you that you must write in a certain way. Look at E. E. Cummings - the man was a master and followed the beat of his own drum - and, he is beloved by thousands the world over, still to this day. His writings have taught me more about the art of writing at the soul's level more so than anyone.

I have varying hobbies but lately I've been getting back into "belly dancing." I've been interested in it for over a decade and particularly like the choreography aspect of it. I'm a fan of classical raqs sharqi and beledi - although, I focus more on the classical sharqi as I find my emotions flow better through that form of the dance. I was drawn to the earthiness and emotions of the dance and remain self-taught. Currently, I'm trying to choreograph a routine to a Chris Isaak song. Very angelic and passionate voice that man has, perfect for an emotional dance.

Amanda

#107 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:42 PM

Alexa: have you tried writing? Poetry is particularly healing. And, never ever let anyone tell you that you must write in a certain way. Look at E. E. Cummings - the man was a master and followed the beat of his own drum - and, he is beloved by thousands the world over, still to this day. His writings have taught me more about the art of writing at the soul's level more so than anyone.
Amanda

I do write... I have private journals that are hidden throughout my areas. I haven't shown them to anyone because they're just a place for me to go and blow off steam. They go back to fourth grade when symptoms really started to rear their ugly head and it was first recommended that I try writing as a way of expressing myself.
Love life.

#108 MoonChild

MoonChild

The One Within!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,882 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

How many of you have a hobby of "wasting time"? :clap:

Take my hand and we'll go riding through the sunshine from above

#109 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

How many of you have a hobby of "wasting time"? :clap:

That's what I'm best at (much to my parent's dismay...)

No... I wish there was a sport of sleeping... I'd soo win. My mom tries to pass off the task of getting me up in the morning because I'm impossible to wake (hmmmm... maybe if you gave me until 12:00 pm like I asked until 10:00 am today!!). I sleep about 14-16 hrs at night with a 2 hour nap wedged in my day somewhere (that's better than the 20 hrs I *was* doing)... Anyone know if "Simmons" is hiring any mattress testers?
Love life.

#110 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

Oh and I love the old Volks wagen hippy style vans ^ ^!!!!! If you all want to put some money together and buy me one your very much welcome lol

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#111 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 30 June 2007 - 01:30 AM

Everyone seems to know that I have a great affinity for painting, and I love it. I also like to listen to lots and lots of music, I write poetry and short fiction, I watch ghost hunters and most haunted, I enjoy chatting online with friends and my boyfriend. I like to read though I don't read as much as I did when I was younger
Posted ImagePosted Image

#112 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:15 AM

Raven I could read a book a day if I got the chance. Im currently making my way through the Boudica series by Manda Scott

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#113 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

*bump*

Anyone have any hobbies they wanna share? ;)
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#114 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

Oh and I love the old Volks wagen hippy style vans ^ ^!!!!! If you all want to put some money together and buy me one your very much welcome lol

I used to have 68 VW microbus like that. Complete with murals that I painted on the sides of it. ;)

I have too many hobbies, mainly drawing and painting. I also play guitar and collect them. (I'm not very good, but it makes me seem cooler to have a bunch of them around) I study religions even though I'm not religious. I read a lot about the history and practices of them. I also read a lot of books on history, politics, and biographies of famous people. I used to be heavily into martial arts. I took lessons in Tae Kwon Do and Judo as a kid, and then moved to Kenpo and Jiu-Jitsu when I was in my late teens and stuck with it well into my 20's. I achieved a 3rd degree black belt in Kenpo and miss that stuff, but just can't find the time anymore. I love following mixed martial arts (UFC and PRIDE) and NFL football. (Bengals, Colts, and Packers!)

#115 Ambra

Ambra

Should not travel without a map

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, of course, reading, arts and crafts, particularly cross-stitch, movies.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:56 AM

I just got into making melt-and-pour soap a few months ago. My mom makes the "from scratch" soap which takes all day and often results in bars that have to be thrown out because the don't come out. I don't have the patience for that; this is more my speed! I found a cool craft idea called "Goldfish (or Fishies) in a bag" soap; you melt glycerine soap, tint it light blue, add scent, pour it into a cello bag or regular baggie, then add a couple of vinyl, toy fish so they look like they're swimming around. After it cools and sets, you close the top with a twist tie so it looks like fish from a pet store. I'm ordering the stuff to make some tomorrow and I'll post pics when I'm done.

I guess my other hobby has become going to "Weird Al" Yankovic concerts. I went to my first in 2000, then 2 last summer, and I may be going to as many as 3 this summer. The shows are amazing and alot of fun, like being at a big party. No matter how down I've been before a concert, I always feel great afterwards which I guess is why they're so addicting!
I got smacked by aloha spirit!Posted Image

#116 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:43 AM

Hmmm...I have a LOT of hobbies, or interests at least, but I usually drift from one to another over a period of time, eventually coming back to all of them. I love reading, writing, and 'rithmetic (yes, you read that right, math is a hobby of mine :whee: )...Sciences, star-gazing, learning about religions and sometimes just other cultures.

Hmmm, what else? GOLFING...this will only be my third year, but I'm completely hooked. I like mainstream pro sports, football and the Packers topping that list. I also like NASCAR and Jimmie Johnson :blush: . If anybody wants to show me a good time, all they gotta do is take me to some kind of game :Wall: . I do NOT, however, like basketball...in fact, I cannot stand it for some reason. I love playing volleyball and wasn't too horrible at it once upon a time. I played for many years before and through high school, and then in bar leagues every summer, but I'd rather play on a gym floor that in the sand.

I also have a hobby of second-hand shopping. I love garage sales and most of my furniture and home decor has come from them. I like interior decorating. I've been asked to decorate for other people but I can't decorate other people's houses if I don't like their tastes. And I like to do simple craft projects, like decoupage...I made this and I'll be putting it on something sometime soon...
Posted Image

I know there's more, but that's everything that's coming to mind right now. Oh! And the paranormal *duh* :wow:
Posted Image

#117 amymyers1973

amymyers1973

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Small Town Ghosts investigation team.
    Metaphysics, New Age, Occult, Religion, Mythology, Psychology, Science. Literature, Movies, Music, Beads, Tribal Style Belly Dancing.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

I used to have 68 VW microbus like that. Complete with murals that I painted on the sides of it. :headbang:

Hi Shawn,
I'm working on a short ghost story that involves a VW microbus. Could you give me some pointers about details and such? I know very little about automobiles. It's the first bit of fiction I've written in several years. It wants to be written. Know what I mean? I've been looking at photos of VW microbuses, but it would be helpful to hear from someone about where the lights and heater and seats are, how it feels to drive it, what might happen if it goes off the road on a rainy night, etc.

On reading everyone's recent posts here, it looks like we're a creative group. So many talented people.

My name is Amy, and I'm a bead addict. Also I use yarn and fabric. I am afflicted with a compulsion to take up multiple craft projects at the same time, which means my room is a wreck. I'm knitting 3 scarves currently. I have a new wire bending jig for making jewelry components and have gone totally overboard with little pretty things. Eventually they'll be made into suncatcher mobiles.

Projects of relevance to this group are my ghostie jewelry and glow in the dark necklaces. I'll update my photos soon. So much has sold or been given away, the website has become more of a scrapbook than a business. I've got nothing for sale currently. But we're all broke and don't have extra cash to spend on trinkets anyway. Here's a link to photos of my pretties.

http://amymyers.250f...com/crafts3.htm

Since I haven't danced with the belly dance troupe in a year, I haven't done any major sewing projects in a long time. I sew almost all of my own costumes. My costume website is set up to teach new members of the troupe about a variety of costume styles we perform in tribal style belly dancing. I will buy fabric just to have it for later, but only if it's on sale. Yesterday I found fabric for dance costumes that I forgot I bought. Some day it'll be sewn into something beautiful.

OMG, I won't even get started about my books, books, and more books. It's a symptom of my other compulsion to learn and study in depth (mythology, paganism. eastern religions, literature, belly dance, etc.). I feel guilty just thinking about all the books that are half-read. I keep telling myself I'll read all of them.

Amy
Don't you know yet? Fling the emptiness out of your arms into the spaces we breathe. Perhaps the birds will feel the expanded air with more passionate flying. - Rainer Maria Rilke, "First Elegy" from The Duino Elegies. Trans. Stephen Mitchell

#118 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

I used to have 68 VW microbus like that. Complete with murals that I painted on the sides of it. :P

Have you got any pics... I want to do that... but they cost too much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users