What music do you like???

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:43 AM

Hi All!!  Well...nonnie thinks that I am a dinosaur (surprise, surprise)!  We always have problems in the car as to what station we listen to.  I vote for the classic rock and pop while she likes the rap and hip hop stuff.  I can't stand hers and she can't stand mine.  I was just curious to see if I am the only remaining dino or what! ;D  Have fun and don't forget to vote!! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:10 AM

:o UH OH, I think i might actually agree with krc on this but since i was a dancer and love to do so, nonnies right too, how old of rock is considered dino?
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

#3 nonnie

nonnie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:31 AM

Willow- He says that music stopped about 1982.....It's not that I can't stand it, there are a few songs that I like. 1982 is about when music really started for me. He was born in 65 I was born in 71. He is the who can't stand my music I tollerate his. :P

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 12 May 2003 - 11:17 AM

Are you calling me a who from Dr. Seuss??? ;D

#5 Star13

Star13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 12:19 PM

Well,put me down in the dino years music,lol.

I love Pink Floyd,Led Zeppelin,Aerosmith, The Rolling Stones,The Doors,Black Sabbath (Oz-zy! Oz-zy!),KISS and many other hair bands,etc.,etc. My favourite songs are Kashmir and Hotel California. :P

I hear waaay too much dance music at work to be able able to tolerate it a millisecond more. Some of it's okay but like I said....waaaay too much! ;)

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:53 PM

Hi, KRC...Piffle and hoakem:o I really like some early 80's stuff, but that is utter hogwash! The Scorpions still kick A@@ and Send Me an Angel (83)will still have me crying like a little girl...um, for slightly different reasons. But my God, Bud, Tom Waite was much man. I also listen to a lot of alternative/Punk and Goth music, Green Day, Offspring, the Ramones, Pink, Cruxshadows and Wolfsheim

I'm not bashing on you, Buddy, at least you didn't say Glen Cambell or Mitch Miller, then we'd just have to put you in a rest home*snickers*

Hi, Dear Willow...dancer? :P Um...by chance did you m-m-mean something other than just loving to dance 8) :-*
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,213 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:11 PM

I can listen to some of the '80's stuff too.  I am just a big fan of the older stuff.  The only music I can't do is rap and hip-hop.  I don't know what it is but it just grates on me.  I would much rather listen to Glen Miller than Eminem any day!!! ;D

#8 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 03:19 AM

Wow, I'm one of the youngin's and have to agree mainly with KRC, I do like a lot of the older groups, and love the 80's hairmetal, (I've only missed one Poison concert) but there are some good new ones too...
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#9 Star13

Star13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:44 AM

Masquarade, I haven't seen Poison yet,but I did see KISS last year (sat right near the lovely Gene Simmons :P ). They rocked!! Too bad they're 'retiring'...

#10 Willow

Willow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:17 AM

1982?I was born in 75 so thats really stretching it for me but i must admit to my love of the Doors, Beatles and yes no laughing, even Elvis circa 1950's to late 60's, but i'm all about anything i can dance to (modern dance mind you Whispers, nothing with a pole,lol) I'm into alternative and nu now, my favorite bands right now are disturbed, linkin park, evanescence and favorite of all time is Godsmack(please no comments about the name, doesn't mean that literally) but i could ride along happily with either nonnie or krc  ;D

#11 wayne2241

wayne2241

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 13 May 2003 - 07:28 AM

I like all kinds of music, good music is good music, no matter what the genre is. But I've been called a dino myself.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#12 nonnie

nonnie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:21 PM

Thank you Willow....Don't get me wrong I really like the 50's and early 60's it's just that late 60's and 70's just something about the sound... in general, not all..I guess there are a few that don't make me see double.  :-/

#13 Willow

Willow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:54 AM

What nonnie, no disco?lol  :P

#14 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:33 AM

:oOMG...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Um...Willow, that's what I thought you meant about the dancing...just wanted to confirm that
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#15 nonnie

nonnie

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 08:53 AM

UMMMM no Disco....although I did like some on Donna Summers songs and the Bee Gee's. I had the biggest crush on Andy!!  :-*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users